A slump in interest

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Thilindel
Sojourner

A slump in interest

Postby Thilindel » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:06 am

February 21, 2005:
Cyric wrote:This should get your juices going: One of the races you listed is being seriously seriously considered for addition to TorilMud! And no I ain't tellin' which it is. 8)

August 5, 2005:
Thilindel wrote: Good:
Centaur
Moon Elf
Voadkyn
Wild Elf

Neutral:
Half-Orc

Evil:
Derro
Goblin
Kuo-Tuan

Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:32 pm
Cyric wrote:
This should get your juices going: One of the races you listed is being seriously seriously considered for addition to TorilMud! And no I ain't tellin' which it is. 8)

How's this coming along? *grovel drool bounce panic*

Ok, I am all for new zones, cuz they're all about exploring. But I'd infinitely like to see that unknown race implimented. I'm kinda feelin' bored not having a new race to explore. That's why I've posted non-cookiecutter ideas in the past about battlemages, etc. I don't _not_ like the game, it's just that I feel the game could use more races JUST as much as new zones/eq sometimes. Also, especially options within a race, such as half-elf. How boring!
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:59 am

Don't give Cyric a hard time mang. Its time consuming to constantly write all those update messages.. in bold font no less. :)
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:42 am

I'm just impressed that Cyric responded to a post that wasn't going to be posted for another six months! That's pretty darn impressive by anyone's standard. :|
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:33 am

Rofl..

Yes our Area forger is extremely perceptive. Thats how he is able to be an Area Forger without apparently playing the game or having any contact with the mortals. :)

Anticipating a post 6 months in advance. Damn thats good. :)

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:44 pm

The first time he said a race was being 'seriously seriously considered' was after someone had listed all those preceding races. I just quoted it all and posted in August. Now I'm requoting :P

It's much like a fast food chain. If you don't toss simple stuff for people to 'try and examine' then interest fades. New zones are always great, but so are menu options!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:04 pm

With a new race you need a hometown I believe.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:25 pm

I've always wondered why races can't share home towns...
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:52 pm

That's where I kinda miss the old Sojourn. Everybody started in WD - even berserker trolls...mmmm! And I miss the arena being just north of the inn, boo hoo :P Hell, remember when they made every race have its own language? Even in common, you'd get xx tells you 'how yXo doing todav?'

Oddly enough, you can speak to a gnome, if you're human. You just can't use his spellbook :/
Brandobaris
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Brandobaris » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:06 pm

Corth wrote:Yes our Area forger is extremely perceptive. Thats how he is able to be an Area Forger without apparently playing the game or having any contact with the mortals. :)

From my own observations, I believe all of the active staff plays the game to some extent and has contact with other players.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:27 pm

Brandobaris wrote:
Corth wrote:Yes our Area forger is extremely perceptive. Thats how he is able to be an Area Forger without apparently playing the game or having any contact with the mortals. :)

From my own observations, I believe all of the active staff plays the game to some extent and has contact with other players.

I've been told by high level gods that Cyric hasn't played seriously in 10 years.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:01 am

I've said it before I'll say it again, if they add a new race I'd be willing to write a hometown. I wrote the goblin hometown on Duris, not that it was all that impressive but I can try!
Lilithelle
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:28 am

idd be willing to give a shot at a hometown if i had some help.. because of lack of time and bad grammar... and stuff...
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:38 am

Also, depending on race, Homeland might have a hometown already :P But if it's what i'm guessing we wouldn't have a true hometown yet.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:44 pm

Not currently planning on any new races - its tough to balance what we have now. And while it may seem like an easy fix to just throw new content like races in, I'd prefer to focus on the fundamentals of the game instead...and in that vein, there are lots of interesting changes coming soon.
Last edited by Shevarash on Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:26 pm

Lilithelle wrote:I've said it before I'll say it again, if they add a new race I'd be willing to write a hometown. I wrote the goblin hometown on Duris, not that it was all that impressive but I can try!
Lilithelle

You made Shady Grove?

Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:46 pm

Well 5 years ago when I stopped playing Duris the zone I wrote was the goblin hometown, I guess they're using orc hometown now for them, no idea why.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:45 am

Shevarash wrote:Not currently planning on any new races - its tough to balance what we have now.

*snap*

Looks like I'll have to go roll a grey elf and pretend she's a wild elf.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”