BC Evil only Eq? Nope, not anymore

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Tasop/Glandriel
Sojourner

BC Evil only Eq? Nope, not anymore

Postby Tasop/Glandriel » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:10 pm

Didn't feel like making a new post for this, so will stick it here.
With the last boot, the items from BC that were evilrace only have been changed to allow neutral and evil humans to wear them as well.
Marthammor

Oh great....

So instead of encouraging the humans to use evil alts for evil zones we may as well just change the eq.

In fact, why not remove all !evil !good flags and have a free for all instead.

I see why this was done due to the fact evils atm still need human aid in major zones, but all this does is take away the eq that evils need, and would use on their primes and sends it the other way. Humans that came on the zone knew that if they won something it had to go on an evil alt, and that was good cause it forced those without an evil char to play one, and still kept evil eq for the evils

Does this also mean now those with evil bc daggers can use on humans? Nice, all you's out there with a human rogue and evil bc dagger wanting to trade for good race one, fret not!! just use your evil one!

Nice move to restoring the evil pbase Marthammor - Thanks!!-
What eq will evils loose next i wonder.....

Tssassop
Yeh, i think i havea corpse there too....
Tasop/Glandriel
Sojourner

Postby Tasop/Glandriel » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:33 pm

And let me be the 1st to say this, cause i know someone out there will...

Why should a human then help evils do a 4 hr zone when they cant wear or use any of it?

lets see

1) For making other mudders time here a bit more fun?
2) Personal satisfaction that you are helping others?
3) Something to do other than sit around AFK doing fuck all?
4) Or to get eq for your evil char?

Hrmm, nobody does that you say??

BUllshit

Sarell leads BC because he needs the eq??
FFS, wake up, he does it cause he's actually trying to help evils.

There are others that seem to lead evil zones also for no purpose of their own, Anilia, good human rogue, leads evil zones is another that springs to mind. There are others, so really, if u did bring a human to a zone like this to get eq and not to have 'fun' and 'help' others, all i can say to you is...
Too bad..
But seems the gods have taken pity to the human zone helpers and not the actual evil players... again

I'll prob get shot down in flames for this.. but i really dont give a fuck

Tssa
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:23 pm

I hope this doesn't sour you to leading. Certainly anyone can understand your frustration. This change sounds like it will certainly boost the evil/neutral human players and increase their number. If this was the goal, good idea. If you thought this would help the evil races, maybe re-evaluate those changes.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:03 pm

The intent, I believe, is to enable evil races to go to BC more frequently by providing an incentive for assistance from neutral races. Why shouldn't they be eligible to receive the rewards from a zone that they're doing? If you don't want the equipment to go to neutral players, then don't invite them. If you don't want neutral characters to have the equipment, then don't trade it to them.

In short, the zone rewards were designed before the neutral race rules existed, and we have updated it to allow for fair compensation to those characters.

You're free to disagree with that, but please, spare us the vitriol. We're trying to help.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:39 pm

tassop, please dont look at this as what the evils loose. The evils arent loosing a thing in this change. But they gain increased support from the neutral/evil human population. No one wants to go to a zone to get eq they cant use. Why do you think Sarell was swapping out so much eq to the goodie versions of the eq? If you are going to take someone to a zone be prepared for the possibility of them winning an item, and doing with it as they see fit.
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
muxxissinix
Sojourner

Postby muxxissinix » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:02 pm

Since human neutrals are allowed to group with evils and do zones, then I have to agree with the changes, but I think is much more fair remove the flag !evilrace !goodrace and make just one version of gear for BC.

Why the actual change is unfavorable to evilrace is just because of Sarell leading BC was encouragin more evilrace players to log in, now more humans will be interested in join to sarell's BC runs and then again the evilrace players will gone once again.
Is what I think.

Should be good know what Sarell have to say because he is the only one who is leading BC for evilrace.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Last edited by muxxissinix on Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:07 pm

Cry more please
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:06 am

hrmm.. i sort of like that evil/good race had their own stuff.. i do think of human whether evil or neut. on the good side, and i must say i am not advocating human neut/evils banned from coming based on the eq what about another lil quest that would.. if they are in the group. change back the eq that they won as !good to !evil race.. seems sensible. I do I must say enjoy having the lightweight shadows cloak on my drow and would be a little wierded out if i saw a human wearing it.. could be a lil solution shrug... a make everyone happy kind of thing :) that is all.. asez.. formally known... as.. flib... bwah. :P
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:19 am

Tasop/Glandriel wrote:There are others, so really, if u did bring a human to a zone like this to get eq and not to have 'fun' and 'help' others, all i can say to you is...
Too bad..
But seems the gods have taken pity to the human zone helpers and not the actual evil players... again

I remember when the neutral change came in. I had rolled a human to rp evil and not really give a shit about memtimes etc. This was a nice thing for me, because I could go lead things for the evils. More often than not they were more than willing to follow and have a good time. Had no change happened, I believe the evils would be extinct as far as zoning goes now. I happened to be one of the few enchanters around that could chant for evils and for awhile I actively tried to help them along.

You are asking an awful lot of people to "help" other people who then tell them they aren't welcome to the equipment because they don't have a straight evilrace char. I mean really, you play the game for your personal enjoyment, not to make everyone else happy. If you happen to get your kicks zoning despite whoever else is in the group(i.e. sarell), then you lead whomever and the evil/good thing never really becomes an issue. Some people want to zone strictly for a chance at a shiny new item, I don't begrudge them that. Some want to waste time chatting or doing whatever makes them happy. Why does everyone have to fit into some sort of mold?

The point is, the change that was made can only benefit the evils as a whole. So what if the dagger ends up on a evil human rogue every other time, there are plenty of other pieces of eq going to other people(most likely evilrace). The entire group benefits from going, not just the single human rogue that offered to help.

I think you need to look at the larger picture here and see that with a declining playerbase, the options for who is going to do things dwindles. I'm sure you'd love for the neutrals to all roll an evil and play, but the fact is it doesn't change who is behind the screen. They are the same person, and if you went so far as to make them feel welcome, perhaps they'd want to actually play evil.

The utter negativity towards the neutrals is really not going to help your cause at all, seeing as they will always be a useful tool for the evil playerbase.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Tasop/Glandriel
Sojourner

Postby Tasop/Glandriel » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:32 am

I understand what you are saying, and to be honest, after i slept and thought about this more I do know why this was done. I am kinda sorry I flew off the handle at this one but no matter how i look at it, I feel sorry for the evil rogue that looses a BC dagger to a human rogue, whom can do BC with goods or evils and has two options, where as the evil rogue has one option now and with alot of competition.

You are asking an awful lot of people to "help" other people who then tell them they aren't welcome to the equipment because they don't have a straight evilrace char. I mean really, you play the game for your personal enjoyment, not to make everyone else happy.

Yes, i have been asking alot of people to 'help' and I actually have been working at rebuilding the evilpbase for the enjoyment of others and no personal gain of my own. I have gotten alot of personal satisfaction from seeing evils active again and my first reactions to something that doesnt help evils as a whole is, and will always be negative. Just sometimes I need to think about it before getting pissed off and posting my thoughts.

At the end of the day, I see why this was done, and there are two sides to every coin (unless its one of them trick coins that have two heads or two tails, great for parties btw) And I do see both sides to it, by doing this evils wont have problems getting aid to do BC, in which most times could prob not be done with-out the human evil/neut aid, but like what muxx said

[/quote]Why the actual change is unfavorable to evilrace is just because of Sarell leading BC was encouragin more evilrace players to log in, now more humans will be interested in join to sarell's BC runs and then again the evilrace players will gone once again [/quote]

I guess I just felt something was taken from the evilraces and it left me feeling a bit bitter.

It's now up to the leader of the zone on what he takes, whom he takes human or otherwise, and I guess, a BC zone with humans is better than no BC at all. Btw Sarell, your just going to have to roll it more now, your in demand son!! *snicker*

I openly appologize to Marthammor and the gods of toril, I guess you did what u did to aid evil and i without too much thought took it as a bad thing, and I still dont totally agree but I do see why you did this.

I guess time will tell if this was a good idea or not
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:53 am

I agree with Tasan and Shev. It's a good change in light of the neutrals grouping with evils thing. I don't see neutrals as mostly goodies who help out evils when needed. I see them as characters that can group with anyone. Their stats arn't as good as the respective evil/good folk however it is mostly the player that makes the character anyhow, so they are pretty nifty. It is good having a human to group with either side, I did that on a new mage I made, however the supreme power player has two elf chanters. I'm rambling now arn't I? Back on topic...

The most prized item in BC is the bracelet, you need 2 of them. It isn't even race restricted luckily. The goodie sleeves are devalued slightly because the evil sleeves can now be used on the massive populous of efhr, so maybe evil BC would be the preferred option for most (until everyone realises the sheer power of rangers and they are back in fashion). The other race restricted stuff is usually handed out single bidder, or in the daggers instance, is soon to be realised as a very pretty, but generally useless trinket due to the significant reduction in your damage output from not circling/tripping or not wielding for 2 rounds now and then.

The changes don't affect the overall granduer of BC equipment imho. If you hate humans don't bring them to your groups, don't trade with them like the old mean guys that left. I think it's wierd, and possibly people who are 'evils' or 'goodies', are just scarred to compete with Nomosolol for sheer power and touchability in any situation!

I'm glad that the humans that do go can bid on an item they can use. I'm keen to see the first 'goodie' group that quests the slightly more versatile evil items; since so many truly high end players have multiple 50s on both sides.

On a side, because I didn't want a new thread either! :P The new BC changes are excellent. I'd suggest making the door on the second ring openable from the inside without taking the key in. I'd also suggest being able to open the main front gate from the inside, how on earth does Bel get to Avernus and omg what's the point of tacking on an hour to get the cleric corpse from the gates / res mid zone.

PS: Lord Krenalazmagg's lust for treasure can never be sated. Tia Saturday 8th April 2pm EST (good or evil whoever sends Sarell the most mmails from skilled available characters/players).

PPS: Downgrade Evils, they can afk for 5 hours and still get through BC.

PPPS: I think this change works in BC where there are options both ways already, I don't think it would work for good/evilrace gear where there is single instances such as kazgoroth, lava, etc because humans are pretty spiffy and CAN wear the goodrace only stuff. So if everything was changed, it could be a massive boost to human characters who are already very well represented as a race due to their grouping versatility and solid range of excellent character choices.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:50 pm

PPS: Downgrade Evils, they can afk for 5 hours and still get through BC.

you should *touch* more, that will keep them alive.
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'

Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'

Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'

Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:57 am

More proof in support of my theory that it costs 5-10 rl IQ points when you roll an evil race char on this mud...
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:25 am

How is Vexus doing anyhow?
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:53 pm

Corth wrote:More proof in support of my theory that it costs 5-10 rl IQ points when you roll an evil race char on this mud...

Corth..

shutup :)
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:56 pm

Corth wrote:More proof in support of my theory that it costs 5-10 rl IQ points when you roll an evil race char on this mud...

I think the whole evil pride and wah wah no neutral humans please is more than enough evidence. This is a PvE game and people whine as if it's a PvP game.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Tasop/Glandriel
Sojourner

Postby Tasop/Glandriel » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:19 pm

Yeh, must be it

Oh, I see where i wrote no humans.....
Typcial for someone to automaticly say it has to be evil 'pride'.....

If shoe was on the other foot i guess it would be human pride or something just as stupid
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:59 pm

Tasop/Glandriel wrote:Waaaaaaah no humans prease

Because it is evil pride. There is no shoe on the other foot in this case because neutral humans can wear the goodie BC gear.

Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:41 am

Dalar wrote:
Tasop/Glandriel wrote:Waaaaaaah no humans prease

Because it is evil pride. There is no shoe on the other foot in this case because neutral humans can wear the goodie BC gear.

!holy word rape either. Neutral human is where it's at. :)
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:01 pm

Oh Hello Dalar!

I’m so glad I ran into an adventurer like you! You see, me and my fiancé are planning on getting married very soon, and having a celebration before we do. We want to have an exchange of gifts, very personal ones, but the one I want to give my dear beloved has turned up missing. It was a necklace from my father that is a family heirloom, but now I can’t find it, but I think I know what happened to it. I think that sneaky little rat Jipper stole it from us. You can find him at the Wayontheothersideoftown’s Farm.

I’m sure as you take half the night to travel this distance for this inanely trivial and unrewarding quest, you will devise many ways in which to achieve your goal. Please return to me after Jipper sends you on a quest to make a pie to tell you where the necklace is, which can’t be made until you acquire the right fruit for Mrs. Bakerwhohasnosupplies, which can’t be grown because the dwarves cut down all the trees of the only fruit in the world, so you’ll have to find someone with seeds to grow the tress of the only fruit in the world, who will want you to go into a monster populated mine on the opposite side of town, so you can grow the trees of the only fruit in the world in the soil of magical growing in the land on the other side of a distant mountain where you will fight a host of creatures that need you to kill 300 boars so they can make a cake from its internal parts, you will eventually return to me so that I can give you a whopping and frightfully rewarding 10 exp!

I look forward to your return adventurer Dalar!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

FYI, I don't play WoW anymore! Drama and work ftw!

zusuk
Sojourner

Postby zusuk » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:09 pm

how about instead of changing things that really don't need changing, and instead fix all the broken things!

woot!
Anab
Sojourner

Postby Anab » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:08 am

can anyone fix my pony?
Zizziz tells you 'ok stop spamming me with your corpses.'
Sselrahk tells you 'Still, every poke with a poking stick is a poke with a poking stick.'
Bibad lvl 50 Orc Bchanter
Aggaz lvl 50 Troll Warrior
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:05 pm

Llaaldara wrote:Oh Hello Dalar!

I’m so glad I ran into an adventurer like you! You see, me and my fiancé are planning on getting married very soon, and having a celebration before we do. We want to have an exchange of gifts, very personal ones, but the one I want to give my dear beloved has turned up missing. It was a necklace from my father that is a family heirloom, but now I can’t find it, but I think I know what happened to it. I think that sneaky little rat Jipper stole it from us. You can find him at the Wayontheothersideoftown’s Farm.

I’m sure as you take half the night to travel this distance for this inanely trivial and unrewarding quest, you will devise many ways in which to achieve your goal. Please return to me after Jipper sends you on a quest to make a pie to tell you where the necklace is, which can’t be made until you acquire the right fruit for Mrs. Bakerwhohasnosupplies, which can’t be grown because the dwarves cut down all the trees of the only fruit in the world, so you’ll have to find someone with seeds to grow the tress of the only fruit in the world, who will want you to go into a monster populated mine on the opposite side of town, so you can grow the trees of the only fruit in the world in the soil of magical growing in the land on the other side of a distant mountain where you will fight a host of creatures that need you to kill 300 boars so they can make a cake from its internal parts, you will eventually return to me so that I can give you a whopping and frightfully rewarding 10 exp!

I look forward to your return adventurer Dalar!

Not sure what the irony here is either. Being blonde or the fact that you RP'd on this MUD. Nice cloak btw.

Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:41 pm

Dalar wrote:Nice cloak btw.

*clueless* Tell me more drama! PM if it's NSFW
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”