Old Bloodstone

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Old Bloodstone

Postby Xisiqomelir » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:04 pm

If we're going to pretend that everything about the old RP Quest Sphere never happened, can we put Old Bloodstone back? I think most people would prefer this to the way it is now.
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:18 am

1) If you read the thread in RPQ with regards to the last campaign "A Brief Summary of the Campaign" I think you'll see this isn't the case.

2) Bloodstone can't be placed back to the way it was, as there is another zone in process to replace what was there. This is a zone that RPQ has INVITED players to help develop. Ask anyone (players) involved with the Ashstone RPQ thread. Ashstone: Adventurers Wanted
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:55 pm

Yeah but Bloodstone had a kewler sounding name AND a child-molesting priest.

Not to mention it was a core zone from almost the very beginning, giving it solid retro-cult status. Gods nuked it and we've been waiting what... a year, two? for the new city thats probably nowhere near to completion yet.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Negative!

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:02 pm

Ashstone > Bloodstone.
Auril
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Auril » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:08 pm

Yes, it is taking a long time to get things done. I'm not content with repetitive descriptions, inconsistencies or generally insufficient work. We've got a number of players who are in a position to begin crafting stores in the new city, and they could probably tell you as well that it is taking a long time to get it done.

When Bloodstone was fresh and new, it was spectacular. The code has seen some changes, some innovations, and the city just wasn't quite up to par. Additionally, it's in the wrong place and someone else had begun work on the Real Bloodstone.

The sphere has also seen changes. I'm not sure where it's suggested that we forget about the work done by Miax, Iuz, Malar, Rillifane, Lamruil, Sehanine, Garl, Anhur and Tyr - where possible, we've done our best to incorporate things. Please feel free to contact me with your concerns, so I may better address them.

Auril
Yarash
Sojourner

Postby Yarash » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:49 pm

Auril wrote:Yes, it is taking a long time to get things done. I'm not content with repetitive descriptions, inconsistencies or generally insufficient work. We've got a number of players who are in a position to begin crafting stores in the new city, and they could probably tell you as well that it is taking a long time to get it done.

You should put the people who participated in the rp event into forced labor rebuilding the zone :O

- Mike
Auril
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Auril » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:15 pm

A fair number of them have expressed interest in building stores/taverns. :)
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:05 pm

Screw Bloodstone, give us Myranthea/Breale back.
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:36 pm

Well, how about we have Bloodstone back until this MenzoStone is done, tested and ready? If anything, that should take pressure off the new creators since they won't be in a rush to implement the new zone.

Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:45 am

Xisiqomelir wrote:Well, how about we have Bloodstone back until this MenzoStone is done, tested and ready? If anything, that should take pressure off the new creators since they won't be in a rush to implement the new zone.

What exactly do you need from Bloodstone that Ashstone doesn't offer?
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:58 am

Pril wrote:
Xisiqomelir wrote:Well, how about we have Bloodstone back until this MenzoStone is done, tested and ready? If anything, that should take pressure off the new creators since they won't be in a rush to implement the new zone.

Nothing itemwise, I just liked the zone.

Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:23 am

Xisiqomelir wrote:
Pril wrote:

Nothing itemwise, I just liked the zone.

Ahh okie
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:50 pm

I just really love the way people encourage the imms to finish things these days.

/sarcasm off

Keep up the good work guys!

To players:

How many of you guys have wandered around up there and really looked? I don't mean just wandered and looked for things to kill, but I mean REALLY looked at the zone? Not just the camp, THE ZONE.

If some of the fun little bits of code, mob behaviors, rich descriptions etc. are indicative of things to come, I think it will be worth the wait.

God knows we've seen the results of some rushed zones, and as players, lets not encourage that.

As for tossing the old Bloodstone back in til the replacement is done.. do you have any idea what you're asking? Not even considering the fact that the camp and rebuilding of the city is currently heavily involved in current RP (check out RPnews) it would be foolish in the extreme to toss up the old city, then in a few months pull it again then replace it with Ashstone, and have to listen to everyone hollering about Bloodstone being gone again regardless of the fact Ashstone will probably kick Bloodstone's butt.

Personally I disliked the old Bloodstone. I found it dumb that in a semi-civilized (yes I know evil) society that a character walking down the street would get attacked by an insane woman and the guards would help her. I used to have an Anti-Paladin back before the changes that were later done, and I absolutely LOATHED dying. If it wasn't bad enough I had to dodge the citizens of my own home, I had to buy yet ANOTHER damn key, wait for the gates, speedwalk to the black gate hoping a stupid wolf wasn't waiting there, unlock the gate and run like hell for the knight. What's so fun about that?

Not to mention the fact that Bloodstone is supposedly a keep and not a city.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:58 pm

but bouncer exp was the bomb :(

::sigh::
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:59 pm

My favorite was buying a white warhorse in BS while I was on as my Anti. Trotted my pretty little horse right out in front of everybody. . .I noticed it's gold aura after I scrolled up from the death screen. . .apparently they don't like good aligned horses there :) Killed it, then started on me :P
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Nekelet
Sojourner

Postby Nekelet » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:43 am

Ambar wrote:but bouncer exp was the bomb :(

::sigh::

Yeh, I still on occasion see platform mobs creep back into trophy if (when?) I die enough times. :P And that wasn't xping, that was just cash farming...
--Hey, Look, I just regenerated a finger. Guess which one.
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=191
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:50 pm

Ragorn, the first time I played him during my first wipe, leveled to 26 and got access to Barkskin for the first time while doing bouncer experience in Bloodstone.

On Duris, I used Bloodstone for my first character's hometown, both because I knew it fairly well from Sojourn, and because nobody on Duris ever went there. I leveled to 30 in relative peace practically without leaving the city.

Good times, good times.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
cherz
Sojourner

Postby cherz » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:44 pm

Old Bloodstone was a fun zone. Sure, it wasn't perfect, but it had a lot of little details that shone through once you looked below its surface of an old, "boring" zone. Many little quests (alas many incomplete), decent XP and an interesting layout. A lot of the mobs had little stories and emotes, which is always a plus for those looking for something more than the regular 'toggle brief on' player.

AND there was a lot of equipment. Gaudy and mostly useless, but equipment nonetheless. Not some boring zone with hardly any eq. You could make different fashion statements by mixing and matching BS eq and little else, that's how much there was.

Plus, it had some sick descriptions and ideas :)

Writing a new BS wouldn't be that hard, just time intensive. The biggest problem is that many area makers suck at creating atmosphere, unique mobs and non-standard room descriptions. Let alone at creating quests that go beyond "Hi I'm dorkmob, bring me a tiny golden earring." For an action-oriented eq zone this isn't that big of a deal, but for a city it is. The last thing I'd want as a player is another WD, a town that couldn't possibly be more boring. Something I strived to do in Hulburg was create a real town, with a real history and almost a thousand unique mobs with individual stories plus interwoven quests and many stores. I had hoped for it to be a starting point for antis, but that never happened. Anyway, the description above is what BS should offer as well in my opinion.

Cherzra, decrepit old has-been
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:51 pm

cherz wrote:I had hoped for it to be a starting point for antis

Please do this. BG is....not really an anti town.

I guess BS is going to stay out until Yayaril finishes writing Ashstone vault and finally realises his dream of a goodie ravenar.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”