Seriously?

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Anab
Sojourner

Seriously?

Postby Anab » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:08 am

Eilistraee LFG: [58 Neutral Drow Bar] 'omg note it, usage message with every lfgc. Stick to it, thanks.'

You LFG: 'Looking for a group to note that evils are xping while grouping'
NOTICE: The LFG channel is *only* to be used for finding and assembling groups. It is *not* a chat channel.

Eilistraee responds to your petition with 'When you can learn to use global channels correctly, you can be allowed to.'

ok so i cant use any public channels? even assoc chat ...........GET A JOB!!!

Was in BC so i cant communicate with any of my guildmates....

Listing of the Staff
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
[ Administrator ] Talona Lady of Poison, Mistress of Disease

Gura LFG: [50 Evil Troll War] 'you want to do something for evils....do a zone that will be productive. not a 5hr CR'
Thardon LFG: [33 Good Human Pal] 'im not really sure that god ever gave mudding a gift'
Oghma LFG: [56 Neutral Human Bar] 'sigh, shush'
Gura LFG: [50 Evil Troll War] 'im trying to save some people a few hours oghma'
Thardon LFG: [33 Good Human Pal] 'need more time to sit in DK'

tell me how any of what i said 2 times is different than this type of chat???

oh and did they get banned from public channels for this i assumed not but i could be wrong........

oh and to clue you a bit more into this i couldnt petition to atleast get the assoc chat fixed..............

Oh whats this???

Gruy LFG: [47 Neutral Troll War] 'whew.'

Any repremand????
Zizziz tells you 'ok stop spamming me with your corpses.'
Sselrahk tells you 'Still, every poke with a poking stick is a poke with a poking stick.'
Bibad lvl 50 Orc Bchanter
Aggaz lvl 50 Troll Warrior
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:03 am

I informed everybody on the channel to use it correctly. You immediately come back with a rejoinder that was quite obviously a) not using it correctly and b) directly because of what I said.

Perhaps when I remove the silence, you'll take note of the warnings. Everybody always asks us to directly address the channel problem rather than turn the whole thing off after all.
Eilistraee
Anab
Sojourner

Postby Anab » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:26 am

Your right i just hate you *roll* did it just to piss you off but it seems you got the upper hand!

Sselrahk tells you 'Still, every poke with a poking stick is a poke with a poking stick.'

Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:29 am

I don't know if it is possible just to ban a player from 1 channel.

I think there are a few players that should be banned just from LFGC. Mabye just be banned until they log out and log in again, or apologise over peti. (lets face it, some are just n00bs, or drunks).

see also:
http://www.torilmud.dyndns.org/phpBB2/v ... hp?t=18065
Anab
Sojourner

Postby Anab » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:40 am

shrug my only complaint was seriously assoc chat isnt a public chat. So it should just be public ban maybe?????

Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:17 am

Eilistraee doesn't ask for much, just for us to use channels correctly. Do you also yell at cops for pulling you over if you run a stop sign? The 'everybody else is doing it' doesn't usually cut it with police. ..Not to say that Eilistraee or any god is specifially policing anybody else. If you're asked to follow rules don't get so mad about it. This is just a game *shrug*
Anab
Sojourner

Postby Anab » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:06 am

as i said this was about my assoc chat being taken away....if a cop pulls you over does he take your car away or give you a ticket for a specific thing?

Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:24 am

hrm, answer would be punishment is punishment I guess. Not sure!
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:49 am

Anab batting 1.000 this week, steer clear!
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Anab
Sojourner

Postby Anab » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:55 am

im not a baseball fan so that means nothing to me

ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:23 pm

or.. "Anab on 2 dot balls and lookin' good for a golden duck."
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:22 pm

Anab, perhaps you are mistaking torilmud for a democracy. Yes things are much nicer now than they used to be. but at times staffers feel the need to ruff a mortal or two up. Back in my day, they would of just site banned you.

When a staffer silences you he is using one blanket command to do so. He dosent enter silence anab ooc or silence anab acc, its just simply silence anab. So i guess your frustration would be in the way the silence command is written, and not directed at elistraee. Look, im one of the games worst channel abusers, i am constantly in trouble for that shit, and getting silenced. And yeah i complain when i get punished. But hell man dont do it in public, it makes you look bad. Also dont hate on elistraee for silencing you, hes just doing what he thinks is right.
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:22 pm

*hi5* MaX. Very well put!

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”