Magic Resistance

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Magic Resistance

Postby Xisiqomelir » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:46 pm

Can someone explain to me how MR works?
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:37 pm

Magic Resistance has a value of 1-100.

For non-damage offensive spells (ex: ray of enfeeblement), a check is made against the MR to block the spell. For example, a creature with MR 50 has a 50% chance to block the incoming ray of enfeeblement.

For damage spells (ex: fireball), the damage is reduced by the MR. For example, a creature with MR 50 will take 50% of the total damage from the incoming fireball.

Hope that explains it.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
selerial
Sojourner

Postby selerial » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:07 pm

One thing that was never clear to me on this. You've explained a static MR on a mob, but what about a player that wears multiple items with MR?

People always said that "it didn't exactly stack", but the change to the score output tends to indicate that it does, by adding up the number. Do multiple pieces of eq stack, or do you only get the effect of the strongest piece or something?
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:08 pm

Thanks Shevy!
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:48 pm

selerial wrote:One thing that was never clear to me on this. You've explained a static MR on a mob, but what about a player that wears multiple items with MR?

People always said that "it didn't exactly stack", but the change to the score output tends to indicate that it does, by adding up the number. Do multiple pieces of eq stack, or do you only get the effect of the strongest piece or something?

I'd have to believe that it does stack, what doesn't stack are protections, if you are protected from fire wearing another item that is protection from fire doesn't help any, maybe that's what they ment. There isn't a whole lot of gear with mr, to have it not stack would just suck.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Mertak
Sojourner

Postby Mertak » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:25 am

As I understood it, the MR stat is basically 1%, and it counts upwards when you get more and more of it.

Wearing 2 pff items or getting the spell/GRP while wearing one is redundant and does nothing.

Shev, thank you for responding quickly with a very clear breakdown of it. 8)

Cheers,

Mertie.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:59 am

Yes, MR stacks now. I have 10% and it routinely saves my ass. Whee.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”