multi aftermath

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Latreg
Sojourner

multi aftermath

Postby Latreg » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:30 pm

Multi-play weekend seemed to be a big hit. I logged on some real heavy playing time exping. It was actually a lot of work and I was only running 3-4 characters. I had to pay much more attention than I would otherwise if I was in a regular exp group. It was funny to see all the groups in CM racing to the next mob. There sure was a lot of activity, at least on the evil side, can't speak for the other side. I managed to get one character killed twice, it really wasn't all that difficult. While it was fun I did miss the social aspect of having real people in the group. I certainly couldn't and wouldn't want to do this on a regular basis.....

was there any issues from an admin point of view?
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
zusuk
Sojourner

Postby zusuk » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:13 pm

I guess playing around with all the trigs and trying to manage everything kept me entertained very well

I was on ship most of the weekend and here was my progress:
Sorolus (Anti) beginning of 48th to 50th + 70%
Bafog (Shammy) halfway of 41st to 45th + 20% (one corpse waiting)
Ulrek (Bard) beginning of 41st to 45th + 50% (failed two resses)

I had my evil-race chars assisting and doing damage, then disengaging when the mob was awful

Someone I know got their rogue from mid 30's to 50th :P

Anyone get a char to 50th from 1st?
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:32 pm

how much time did you spend interacting with other players while multing?
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:08 pm

kiryan wrote:how much time did you spend interacting with other players while multing?

well depends I guess, more than somedays, less than others. When there isn't any exp or zoning going on I solo stuff or solo exp.....even though it was multi, I sent tells to various people to check on their exp progress and talk about the multiplay itself stuff like that.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'

Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:57 pm

kiryan wrote:how much time did you spend interacting with other players while multing?

I had to ress a lot, if that counts.
Ssryth
Sojourner

Postby Ssryth » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:07 am

Zusuk and I were spamming each other... does that count? :wink:

#all tell sorolus hello;#all order followers tell sorolus hello

Ssryth.
Anab
Sojourner

Postby Anab » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:40 am

Didn't like it to be honest. I kinda got used to the no socializing thing. Did a half lead of a zone with 2 chars which ended up in lotsa deaths. So i basically sat back with an old bud and xped. :) better stay out of retirement or ill kick your ass. I dont think ill participate in another multiweekend event tho to say the truth.
Zizziz tells you 'ok stop spamming me with your corpses.'
Sselrahk tells you 'Still, every poke with a poking stick is a poke with a poking stick.'
Bibad lvl 50 Orc Bchanter
Aggaz lvl 50 Troll Warrior
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:13 am

To me, since I am so used to having 6 pets anyway, multiplay is completely easy. But I think it's a good idea if on Multi events where ppl choose to zone, that they limit themselves to 2 chars, maybe 3. Lots more consequence to die zoning than xp'g. Just zoning w/2 chars seems like it'd be a lot of fun, as long as neither were an enchanter. I don't run on triggers as a chanter, so it's nonstop paying attention *gag* So much nicer to be in 'idle' mode as an invoker where you don't even have to think about what you're doing.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:42 am

I had a lot of fun. I certainly wouldn't want this to become a regular all of the time kinda thing, but it was a fun change of pace and a hoot to get to play with all of your toys at once.

If this was an experiement to draw players back or perk up the playerbase a bit it might have done the trick...It certainly kept a lot of people on more than they would have been normally (myself included), even if they did have a bunch of alts logged in.

Another idea might be to occansionally offer an XP bonus applied to all mobs ingame for a specificed number of hours/days. I've seen a few muds experiment with these 'XP Bonus Hours'. and a lot of people would spend considerable amounts of extra play time to take advantage of the bonus before it ran out. Good way to perk up your playerbase for a set period, even if it is just a bunch of people xping...A zoneable character is a zoneable character.

:)
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:32 am

I give it two bloody thumbs up. Still mad that Llorin can't ress Kaln, and that I can't gate to the elemental plane of Twym.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”