multiplay days

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
alendar
Sojourner

multiplay days

Postby alendar » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:44 am

i know it has been suggest by others but i just wanted to say...

i would enjoy a multiplay monday or something to that affect every week or twice a month or so....

i dont think this will change anything on the mud, but it will get some a reason to xp some of there alts and such....

Alendar
Alendar -= The Black Ash of the Phoenix =-
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=244
Hador group-says 'Inames I think you are the only person on the mud who shouldn't talk about Cofen sucking'
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:53 pm

Some people like it, some don't. I think I don't, at least not regularly. What small chance there is for new people to group with established players doing low-level alts would vanish.

Similarly, low and mid-level zones aren't bothered much nowadays. Change that to NEVER if we have a way to reliably bypass low-level groups.

I think it is fine as something occasional to spice things up, get a change of pace. I wouldn't want to see it become the relied-upon way to xp alts.

Also, if this were done, please PLEASE don't do it on the weekend. Hard enough to get a zone group together... multi-days made it harder. I'm open to other ways of looking at it, but that's how I've perceived it thus far.
Iyced / Torgu / Iysor
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:37 am

Some people would do that, try to solo bigger and bigger zones with one person *behind the wheel* .. some wouldnt .. or maybe they would run two or three chars at most?

MOST people prefer the company of others in the group..
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:01 pm

I think most of the multi-play was exp, for me it was all exp. And even then I think I had 4 characters running, and it was difficult but a fun challenge.

The whole idea that it would leave newbies out of exp groups is really a minor issue. the facts are, the smaller the exp group the better, and if you can really deck out your alt and solo, even better yet. Those are the issues that keep people out of exp groups and or not invited into them. that's not to say this always happens but it certainly is something that needs to be addressed, and maybe it already is.

I exp'd my alts on the multi-play weekend for several reasons, some of which where to have alts to fill in for missing classes, wether for exp or zone groups. I would rather group with people than solo stuff, but currently things are set up that you gain more benefit solo or with smaller groups.

Like I have posted before, set certain areas as "ok to multiplay" if you get caught doing stuff in off limit areas all you characters get deleted.

This past weekend was horribling boring mud wise, I would have multi some exp rather than log off or just afk.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:13 pm

I smote a few low - mid level zones during multiplay weekend.

I think it would be good for new players in some ways, you could take a new or under level player to a zone without having everyone bitch at them for holding them up and taking their gear.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:01 pm

Sarell wrote:I smote a few low - mid level zones during multiplay weekend.

I think it would be good for new players in some ways, you could take a new or under level player to a zone without having everyone bitch at them for holding them up and taking their gear.

That could be a good use, you're right. Did anyone do that?
Iyced / Torgu / Iysor
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:02 pm

and just think! cant blame anyone but YOU for failure!

Self: why did you NOT scale me
Self2: I was on the wrong character!!
Self: Next time no rescue for j00!
Self3: No heal love for J00!
Self4: Next time let someone else lead!

slwo at work today (brings out the oddness!)
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:23 pm

The way I understand it, multiplay was banned cuz in the 1990's, it was draining for multiple connections. I actually sorta would like to see 2 players per connection. It seems fun thinking about it. That in itself would be a new challenge for players, because it has consequence as well.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:41 pm

Ambar wrote:and just think! cant blame anyone but YOU for failure!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That sounds just like me during the FIRST multi-weekend.

"God H, you're such a moron.. why didn't Leri scale Eya? DUH!!! No wonder she broke down like a shotgun."

giggle The only thing missing was "Stop alt-seat driving!!!!!"

I enjoyed the first one. I was on vacation this time. *sniff* Making it as regular as monthly.. no.. seasonally/quarterly? Hell yeah!!!
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:12 pm

Ambar wrote:and just think! cant blame anyone but YOU for failure!

And you can totally blame drunk Jake and his hilarious actions for everything!

Paladin's opening gates to planes of certain Bard's indeed.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:39 am

Tasan wrote:And you can totally blame drunk Jake and his hilarious actions for everything!

Paladin's opening gates to planes of certain Bard's indeed.

F you, Doug. :P

I loved the multiplay days and see it as a good opportunity for new directions for the game to go. A zone where you can bring only 3 of your own characters for instance. Two thumbs up for multiplay!
Tala_Darkraven
Sojourner

Postby Tala_Darkraven » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:14 pm

Being relatively new I would love the chance to do this again. That weekend was a pretty busy time for me and I only really had a chance to play for about 2 hours.

In that time I used both my characters and enjoyed it.

Also this would give those of us that are pretty new a little help in advancing our characters v.s. begging for groups.
Tala_Darkraven
Sojourner

Postby Tala_Darkraven » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:14 pm

Being relatively new I would love the chance to do this again. That weekend was a pretty busy time for me and I only really had a chance to play for about 2 hours.

In that time I used both my characters and enjoyed it.

Also this would give those of us that are pretty new a little help in advancing our characters v.s. begging for groups.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”