Around Tiamat in two days! (EviL)

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Gruy
Sojourner

Around Tiamat in two days! (EviL)

Postby Gruy » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:36 pm

Ok, i got most of the details worked out now with the exception of one. With work and school my only days off are the weekend... In order to start friday the 28th as i had been planning i have to call in to school which is bad for me. What i need to know if who can make it the 29th and 30th of this month (Sat/Sun). If you cannot make it then post below. if you can please mmail Gruy with level and classes you have that are tia zoneable.

The plan is as follows: Saturday the 29th at 230pm central time begin forming.

Once formed we will break in and clear the entire upper grid and (hopefully) all of the consorts besides red.

Second day plan: Sunday the 30th at 230pm central time begin reforming for second half.

Assuming there is no crash (or boot) we will go back in and finish the rest of the consorts. Then the ancients and then.... Tiamat.

If there are any questions please feel free to ask.

Now for what most have been waiting for.

Bidding system is as follows:

Ok if you show the first day and stay the whole day you will recieve a 4 of 10 point bid.

If you cannot make it the first day but are able to make it the second day you will recieve a 6 of 10 point bid.

If you make both days you get a full 10 point bid.

If your there the first day and the second day but have to leave before we finish tiamat your point bid is still 4 unless its after the ancients then it will be 6. (sorry but most the risk is red consort, ancients, and tiamat.)

any other combination of attendance i will work something out with that player specifically, but if you know you cannot stay for the whole thing id like to know that before hand via mmail with the name of the char your bringing.

Now if for some reason i cannot get a showing for for sat/sun then i will reconsider the days as best i can but best i could prolly do is if we started friday it would beed to be at around 8pm central time (which I dont want to do any more than im sure anyone else does). should this be the case i would adjust the amount done on the first day and increase the amount on second day.. (but please if possible lets avoid this)

if there are any question on the bidding system post them here. Any questions about the dates post them here. Any other questions post them here hehe. Char names and levels mmail to gruy.

Roster id like to see:

2 necro/liches
4 tanks (warrior prefered)
2 dires
3 shamans (dreaming)
2 enchanters
2 illusionists
2 clerics
5 rogues
3 invokers
1 battlechanter/bard
2 psionicists
2 elementalists

1 sitter

we will see how close to this we can come:p

Sitter: if sitter sits for both days you recieve a 3rd round bid (unless it looks like there will be no 3rd round then a 2nd round bid).

Again if there are any questions related to the run feel free to ask here.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:08 pm

I would suggest more dire, less rogue arrows really did a number on the dragons maybe 4 dire 3 rogue or 3 dire 4 rogue.. just my 2cents.

Also note you need good arrows at minimum you need TB arrows which are decent dice and 3/3. Anythhing less isnt worth even bring and have at least 400.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:42 pm

Sounds like fun Gruy!

Count me in.
I got both those days free.

Nilan
aka
Stabby
Verarb
Sojourner

Postby Verarb » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:02 pm

Holy smokes! no druids??!?!?

you will all fail.
Gruy
Sojourner

Postby Gruy » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:32 am

omg i forgot druids??? o...m...g if you got a druid mmail me also druids are always welcome!!! im sure the roster i posted will probably not be met by any means and only a few of the slots are a must have such as 2 nec/lich and shamns.. i know im dreamin on shammie but i want many shaman:p

nods teba i agree with you completely but im worried about coming across enough dire raiders with enough decent arrows or else id switch rog and dire amount around.. tho if anyone has a dire with lots of arrows that can hit dragons feel free to sign up!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:25 am

awesome gruy, good luck

i will try and make it

---

nice roster, i have a couple suggestions.

1 illusionist can handle all of the displaces. you must be thinking of fluxing since you have 2 on the roster. That might be worthwhile, but I really don't think spell damage is effective against tiamat even with flux (although im sure its nice for DIS).

2 necros period unless you expect to rift prime hole dead. lichs can't soul walk and embalm would be uber for the # of corpses we are expecting, but 2 necros REALLY keep the runs rolling when you get to tiamat... when 6 people die in one run, it takes 3 or 4 minutes to walk them all back with one necro because of the lag on soul walk.

i might consider bringing all the area damage you want on day 1, eliminate the 3 invokers and 2 psi for day 2 and as malia suggested... bring dire raiders instead of the 3 invokers and 2 psi.
Gruy
Sojourner

Postby Gruy » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:16 am

nods thought about that kiryan but i also dont want to take the chance of anyone having to multi to bring other sources of dmg on day 2. did not know liches couldnt sw *blush* but we good got 4ppl wanting to go besides you that have tia zoneable necro's so nods having 2 is a definate. i figure i will assign 15 ppl to each necro.

nods hoping ill's will help pwn upper grid. if only one can make it tho then ill be more than happy with more rogues:p
Gruy
Sojourner

Postby Gruy » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:34 am

need around 15 more mmails:) still looking for those shamans, ele's and dire's and a few other spot classes. mmail meh!:)
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:46 am

I still think it's much easier for peoples schedules for one big day.. not 2 split up.. but.. I will check my schedule see what I can do. hopefully I can get the time. not sure atm though well see. asez
Gruy
Sojourner

Postby Gruy » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:18 pm

current assumed roster with responces ive recieved.

1 lich
2 necro
3 rog
2 chanter
1 bc
1 bard
3 shaman
1 psi
1 cleric
3 tanks

still wanting another cleric.
another tank mabye more than 1
more dire raiders!!! least 3. and being alot of good arrows.. tb or better.
2 ele's.
1 ill
2 vokers
druids welcome
awaiting more mmails!:)
Theshial
Sojourner

Postby Theshial » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:34 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun.
I should be able to make both days so count me in..
Hope to see this work!
Oh yeah I'll be going as Sipes (cleric lvl 50)
Gruy
Sojourner

Postby Gruy » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:48 am

coming together nicely everyone:) still need ill a couple ele's and a few other fill in slots:) but coming along very well:)
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:05 am

good luck may the darkside prevail.
Gruy
Sojourner

Postby Gruy » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:16 am

things have come together beautifully so far. could still use an illusionist a cleric and another ele.. another dire wouldnt hurt either;)

otherwise slots are filling awesomely... but we will see the actual turnout on gameday:p

hope everyone shows.. this should be alot of fun..

see you guys there:)
Gruy
Sojourner

Postby Gruy » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:06 am

Well as most know tiamat was a nogo due to lack of people.. ah well we still had a fun and very smooth run at magma:) thanks yayah for the awesome lead and hopefully evils runs keep going with the same kind of runs. thanks to all who did show and stick around for magma. just sorry we couldnt fit another zone it.. perhaps next time:)
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:41 am

no!!! we live in a non-committal age. :(

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”