Valhalla

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
malakwee
Sojourner

Valhalla

Postby malakwee » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:20 pm

First and foremost, thanks to the imms for making this game fun.

Now on to the issue i would like to bring forth.

Is it really necessary to remove the haste from valhalla, even when valhalla is in defensive mode? How many valhallas are in the game to make it such an unbalancing aspect to remove even that from valhalla?

I guess the valhalla is just too unbalancing to the game... for years it was in and that was not removed and suddenly it has been removed. I hope it is not because someone or several someone were annoyed that they dont have it all that resulted in the valhalla being downgraded.

So many other things in the game that could be looked into. Why even touch the valhalla?

Anyway... sorry for the rant... i guess am in a foul mood to begin with.

The mud has been a mucho fun part of my life. I guess the fun can be lessen a bit so that some others can keep boasting that they will always have more.

Cheers and sorry to those that feel it.
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:29 pm

It was necessary to remove what was a system bug. The object itself was always losing haste when switching modes, however the change in affect was not being carried over onto the player.

Furthermore, people were abusing this bug by activating the haste, then not even wielding the scepter any longer but still benefitting from the haste it had set, gaining perm haste while dualing other weapons, like khanjari's.

The nature of the weapon was that when in offensive mode you gain bonuses related to offense, such as haste. When you switch out and into defensive mode, you gain bonuses related to defense, such as blur.

Haste was not removed. The application of it was corrected.
Eilistraee
malakwee
Sojourner

Postby malakwee » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:48 pm

tks for the response Eilistraee...

Just hope u realize not all the procs on valhalla works when fighting solo mobs...

and sinve valhalla vamps, haste is kind of important to have in defensive mode since blur does not proc when fighting solo mobs ever.

Just my 2c... it really sucks to lose valhalla haste in defensive mode... i entirely agree if the wielder lose haste if it s removed but removing haste when in defensive mode even when wielding it? if that is too much then mebbe i am too much too i guess

Cheers
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:39 am

Valhalla was easily one of the two most powerful items from Tiamat on par with the chimera circlet. It completely changes the way a tank performs, even without haste. Get some verm sleeves of haste potions if your buffers wont haste you. Its still incredibly powerful, and still one of the two best items from tiamat. If you didn't realize that it shouldn't have been hasting you when you switched modes, then you were fooling yourself.

If you don't wanna use it anymore I'll trade you for it:P
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:28 am

Losing the residual haste effect completely in defensive mode is still quite a downgrade for it.

Losing haste (well, any benefits from it) regardless once you remove the weapon from being wielded certainly makes sense.

I can see how haste in only offensive mode kinda makes sense too, but it'd be nice if perhaps it was coded to fade after several rounds or something on defensive command, rather than instantly (if possible).

Thanks for the info anyways!

While you are at it, I thought I have seen some wierdness with the offensive mode fireshield proc on it too - i.e. sometimes it reports it but there does not appear to be any real effect on the char. Haven't examined it closely nor saved logs of it though - I'll monitor it as well.
BEER
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:16 am

Remove vamp on malkwee's valhalla plz.

Seriously, it was being massively abused, people could rent it and still be hasted from what I've seen, and then people were using that to exp their characters. It was OBVIOUSLY designed to have haste on offensive mode and was clearly a bug when it was removed. I mean really, O wow, the offense procs stack with the defense procs, it must mean to be that way... Having vamp on your tank makes it the best tank item by FAR, no other weapon has anywhere near that healing capacity, surely that is enough. You could remove everything on valhalla except the vamp and it would still be one of the best and most highly bid tia items imho.

This thread is akin to the people who knew about goodberry twinking.. - dammit how I didn't even know they healed until level 50, stupid 'eat berry' - asking for berries to full heal you again. Delete the people who were using it to haste all their chars permanently imho! :P Or at least delete the valhalla's for abusing a known bug! TOUCH OF DEATH

PS: I adore posts where people pretend they don't know about something and fool themselves that eilistraee doesn't know what's going on either :P

PPS: Delete Gormal aswell because he's over powered also.

PPPS: Delete me too, so I can exp up with Gormal!
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:08 am

Downgrade Sarell's ability to post hillarious replies so I can post a whiny thread about how no one can stand up to Daggaz or Sarvis.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”