Remove PC interaction with justice code.

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Malacar
Sojourner

Remove PC interaction with justice code.

Postby Malacar » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:00 pm

Please remove this code. Maybe back in the day it served some obscure purpose (though I simply fail to see what it is or was), but it no longer does. It's a way to turn an afk person in, so they die. It's an annoyance, and stupid. There's no way for a player to get any form of 'retribution', and if you've been cited for death, well there you go.

Yes, I am whining, but I am so tired of people that think this shit is funny. It isn't. I kill mobs in WD to avoid the friggin spam - no more, no less. You want to turn me in? Fine, give me a way that I can annihilate you in return. :)
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:04 am

Oo! I can't wait for Maxler to start in on you!

Justice is completely stupid. In fact, let's make a poll? Just ask Corth how much % he's lost due to "JUSTICE" Yep. Justice. Good, old, accurate. Guards walking in, hitalling, mm - good times!

Our cops in rl are just stupid. Anytime cops are called to the scene, they should get a shotgun out and 'shootall' :P

You walk east.

Spanky's Love Shack

An Elite RDF guard is attempting to brag to another guard stands here.
An Elite RDF guard gloats, having just killed innocent PC's stands here.

OUCH! An Elite RDF guard doesn't like that you walked in on them!
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:54 am

Response is complaining about something totally separate.

1) If you actively kill a mob in WD and you get reported... then you get reported. That's just the way it is. Just don't kill the mob then.

2) WD guards shouldn't hitall or cast areas to bring non-fighting PC's into battle.

3) Who should WD guards assist exactly? PC's? that can make stuff twinky. Against PC's? perhaps. Do nothing? perhaps.

Though for #3 I assume it's not an efficient means of resources to fix. Just dont' lure/fight in WD.
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:51 pm

Lets not forget that hide and disguise have absolutely no effect on the RDF guards' ability to track, see, or capture you.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm

Ifin wrote:Response is complaining about something totally separate.

1) If you actively kill a mob in WD and you get reported... then you get reported. That's just the way it is. Just don't kill the mob then.

I don't care if a mob reports me. I want PC interaction removed. It serves no purpose except to annoy another player. "Justice" is a farce.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:23 pm

But its cash, 15p is sooooo worth it.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:22 pm

but how else you can practice unbind? Just trigger it so you start to try to unbind when you get tied up.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:50 pm

How about get rid of all the stupid shit in the WD soc or whatever file so we don't get spammed a full screen of garbage after a minute.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:38 pm

Justice was designed as a tool to force people to leave hometowns. In theory, it was supposed to stop being from doing WD elites for experience. In theory, it was supposed to "encourage" players to go explore the world in search of new mobs to kill.

Just like trophy.

In reality, justice was only ever implemented halfway. The system was put into place, and the MUD closed before the kinks were worked out. Justice is broken from both ends... the RDFs are unfair to players, AND the code doesn't solve the problem it was intended to solve, as you can still do WD elites for experience.

Now it's just flavor code.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Drache
Sojourner

Postby Drache » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:43 pm

my favorite is how there have been tons of complains about justice but nobody removed it. It serves nothing. I've seen people and myself been nailed with hitall. Why can't they at LEAST be like bouncers and just toss you out of the room?
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:21 pm

I completely agree with the complaints about Justice.

Perhaps 2.0 will address some of these issues...
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:40 pm

Shevarash wrote:I completely agree with the complaints about Justice.

Perhaps 2.0 will address some of these issues...

Any chance of just disabling it altogether in the meantime?
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:48 pm

Shevarash wrote:Perhaps 2.0 will address some of these issues...

You are such a tease.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:32 am

Three cheers for Shevarash!

Shevarash for code forger!
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:37 am

Seriously. Just remove justice. Worst code ever. I'm so mad about this stupid code that I've logged off for the night and am going to go watch a movie and eat cheetos instead of play. Espeically now that my fucking res failed after I got executed.

There goes a week of exp down the drain. Why do I even waste my god damned time.
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:39 am

It's clear it only leads to ill feelings, especially 3rd party people who die from the guard's hitall.
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:03 pm

Yet something else that seems that can be tweaked without the entire 2.0 revamp. There's many of these kind of threads, even newbie who've died and probably got as frustrated as Rulk.

If justice was implemented to keep people from leaving home towns for xp, it's ironic b/c you can still do dock masters for mid-level xp and wall elites (yes ironically they don't assist each other) for higher-level xp, even though it's not as good as DS that's 40 rooms away.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”