cloak vs cloak

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Latreg
Sojourner

cloak vs cloak

Postby Latreg » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:44 pm

I think the bc robe needs a little more something, if you compare it to the muspel dragonskin it really isn't that much better. if you look at the restrictions and saves, the dragonskin is better in a lot of instances, the difference in hps really is a minor benefit considering the amount of damage areas and getting hit do. compare that with the armor class bonus of both items and you see why those extra hps are of little value, additionally the -save breath is far more useful than the -savepar. The bc robe is nice, but given where it comes from I think it could use a little more love.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:15 am

Its not just the muspel cloak that overshadows the bc robe. Pixie wings and faelarae cloak got me to shelve my bc cloak. The !neutral flag really hurts a caster item but I like it anyway. Keep the flag, maybe bump the ac or hp up a bit. There are 2 other caster items in the zone, I don't see why this one needs to be another top tier item for everyone. Restricted items are great, I think they keep people from all wearing the same gear.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:25 am

comparing a cleric item with a mage item isn't really a good comparison.

clerics in general have easier access to ac eq.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:17 pm

We complained as nauseum about the changes they made to the robe when the last round went in. I liked having the -4pet on the thing dammit. 10 more hps isn't shit!

Someone please move the top tier items around a bit more so the 50 minute zone doesn't outdo the 4 hour one. Thx.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:02 pm

Disoputlip wrote:comparing a cleric item with a mage item isn't really a good comparison.

don't know what you are talking about, both the robe and dragonskin can be worn by clerics....

guess while I'm at it, how about the boots, falcons not so hard to quest, muspel riding boots....

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:51 pm

Latreg wrote:
Disoputlip wrote:comparing a cleric item with a mage item isn't really a good comparison.

don't know what you are talking about, both the robe and dragonskin can be worn by clerics....

guess while I'm at it, how about the boots, falcons not so hard to quest, muspel riding boots....

Yes, I need to elaborate. When you compare an item that is !rog !mag to an item that is !wa !rog then you are comparing mabye a t-shirt to a platemail.

I am aware that both are clericable, but clerics can choose either to wear heavy eq or light eq.

The comparison Gormal did with pixie is much better because it has exactly same bits.

The robe should be evaluated as a mage item, not as a cleric item. At least that is what I argue, even though I am aware it is clericable.

Hope that makes my argument a little clearer.
Naled
Sojourner

Postby Naled » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:16 pm

Latreg wrote:guess while I'm at it, how about the boots, falcons not so hard to quest, muspel riding boots....

Ehm Falcon boots require 3 items from mid-range zones, while muspel riding boots can be done in about the time it takes to get maybe one of those items. I'd say both items are fine.
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:35 pm

Naled wrote:
Latreg wrote:guess while I'm at it, how about the boots, falcons not so hard to quest, muspel riding boots....

Ehm Falcon boots require 3 items from mid-range zones, while muspel riding boots can be done in about the time it takes to get maybe one of those items. I'd say both items are fine.

what I ment was if you compare those with the boots from bc

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”