crash-test dummies and whatnot!

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:05 pm

you have the *touch*iest ideas pat

i love this!
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:12 pm

Vipplin wrote:Then you're back where we've been for a decade, the crash just cost you some hours. At least we could get some help when they ARE available, though. An improvement in my book.

I'm suggesting that something be done so that getting some sort of help doesn't depend on imms being on. Which is a different sort of improvement.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:05 am

Latreg wrote:I have never heard anyone pushing the staff around, I'm one of the people that if I don't have the time for a zone i won't do it, that's life.

Corpse rot timer set to 18 hours, preserve tripling on player corpses, BC items made rentable... all pushes for the staff to make things easier. Whether or not these were progress or just appeasal is up to you, but it is all in line with the general changing of things to be easier and take less time.

Latreg wrote:I don't expect to get tia gear from a 2 hour zone either, don't know who would expect that.

Well the people constantly pushing for upgrades to things because something else is out of whack are doing just that. There are pieces of regular 2 hour zone equipment in the game now that would have been unheard of in years past. Again... progress? Not really. More detrimental than anything leading to things like the "urban renewal" that took place on jot invasion for some reason. It boils down to fixing what isn't broken and making more problems. People are constantly complaining that zones take too long. Well think it over a bit... the basic mechanics haven't changed much over the years and the more power the players get the easier everything becomes. So instead of eq having a value in the game, it has more of a value on how fast you can get things done. Skill gets removed, etc. etc.

Latreg wrote:Yeah you do have to appease the remaing playerbase to a certain extent, otherwise what good is a game with NO player base? How many things/games/business or whatever have to either change with the times or become history. Things will always change if you can't grow and deal with those changes you are s.o.l.

What do you think 2.0 is? Appeasing the playerbase by making willy-nilly changes to equipment/zones because 2 people on the BBS say something is out of whack is clearly not a good policy. Yet it has been the mode of choice for changes over the past 6-8 months or more. Changes made to things that are obviously broken or otherwise convoluted are fine, and Eil kicks butt at things like that. I'm talking about changes that affect gameplay on a wide scale.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”