Scornubel

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Scornubel

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:33 pm

Can someone please take a close look at Scornubel? I know it was mentioned awhile back, that one of the rares wasn't loading at all, but was fixed. I did his quest and gods had to load one of the items, and now it's fixed too. But I keep running into mobs that I know had dialogue that now don't respond to anything. The quests still work, but otherwise players can't figure them out, only if you remember them. I know one of them specifically responded to certain questions, and now doesn't.

I'll also mention it again, although I mentioned it in the Zone Love forum; this zone blows. We've been doing it, killing all mobs, trying to figure out quests, and all the items we're getting seriously blow. I know its a zone meant primarily for mid-levelers, but even for them the eq is completely unacceptable. We've found one "okay" dagger, one "nice" mask, and two "okay" about bodies. That's it. The rest wasn't even good enough to auction, just got sold in store or thrown away. I hadn't been seriously back to Scorn since the calc went in, other than for Crypts, but this zone seriously got destroyed by it.

And, like I said in the previous post, although some of the quests are obviously broken, some of them have insane keywords to start quest dialogue. And I mean crazy. Others, like the case of the rareload that wasn't loading (I think Twyl mentioned it), the quests make sense, etc.

I remember a time when there were actually people in Scorn, trying to figure out quests or doing mobs. I've never once run into anyone there anymore.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:36 pm

Crypts is a great zone. Quick, easy but with high spank potential. Don't change it or the rewards at all.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:59 am

Sorry if I wasn't clear Gorm. Notice I did not mention Crypts, except as an aside that I had been there. My post was about the actual city itself and everything in it. I did not mean to add Crypts to my gripe at all. Sorry for not being precise on that, I even thought about mentioning it and skipped it. I completely agree, Crypts is fine, which is why I did not include it also.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:38 am

Gormal wrote:Crypts is a great zone. Quick, easy but with high spank potential. Don't change it or the rewards at all.

Too late.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:15 am

The quested axe sucks axe.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:46 am

8)

Be careful if someone quests the axe near you, dislikes it and then decides to drop axe.
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:28 am

I was along for about 2 hours or so of exploring and attempting to quest in Scornubel. So much stuff that could be interesting and appealing, and just fails to be. Mobs that respond to no keywords whatsoever. Mobs that could be a fun challenge for a smallish (2-4 person) group, if they weren't perm-shielded. If you want ideas for ways that zone could be improved with additional quests and keyword responses, I would be happy to help.

Thanks again, we all appreciate the hard work you do.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:06 pm

I think the mobs / keywords thing is a universal concern, since most mobs were not originally written to respond. It's only relatively recently that the idea of standardization in terms of what mobs respond to has taken root (or at least, the idea that such standardization would be a good thing.)
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:13 am

Mori lives for reviving threads

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”