Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Lilira
Sojourner

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Lilira » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:18 pm

Okay... I put this here because I'm not certain how many imms actually cruise General Forum.

PLAYERS:

In an effort to combat some of the negativity towards Imms that's been floating around as we (several of us at least) all anxiously await 2.0, I would like to start this little thread.

PLEASE only post here if you mean this. There are plenty of other threads around abusing people, so go troll in that direction if you feel the need.

TO THE IMMS OF TORILMUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kindly know and recognize that there are players who honestly appreciate you taking time out of your busy lives to provide us with a playground to lose ourselves in for hours on end.

This is one of those silly players that wishes to say simply... Thank you.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:02 pm

I tend to agree, the plans for 2.0 look quite ambitious I wait for them eagerly, yet waiting is not all one can do. I'm writing a new zone to help spice up the game for new players. The system the mud has for making zones has quite a bit of potential for innovative zones if people would only take a look at it and apply some creativity. We may not be able to help with the coding but we can sure help in other ways. Or just go out and help newbies so when 2.0 comes along there will be more people around to enjoy it. Here's to a better tomorrow!
Lilithelle
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:14 pm

I just want to say how much I love some of the very simple coding additions the imms put in from time to time. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find just the right cookie you know is buried somewhere in 8 storage caches and 5 dozen containers? Hallelujah for finditem! Not to mention how handy some people find it for locating less important items like specific gear or potions.

And then there's movealone + pause followers, etc. While those commands may have made it harder for me to um...accidentally introduce my friends to the beauty that is death, it also made what had previously been a sometimes painful process in leading a group, gloriously simple.

Don't even get me started about all the pet commands. While I don't have nearly as many pets to organize as necros like Iqhas, I definitely appreciate the beauty of being able to name my treant (who shall hereafter be known as Twiggy) and always be sure that the pet I am trying so hard to command is truly my own, regardless of who/what else has entered the room.

Before anyone points out that these additions are not major game-altering changes, let me be the first to admit it...I'm simple! stupid coder tricks make me happy. :-) Thank you, imms!
Thrand
Sojourner

Yes thanks

Postby Thrand » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:22 am

I do spend lots of time here from time to time
and I do so because I like to play here very much.
I have also on occasion asked for some help on some items
from the areas staff and was delighted by their time and effort.

Thanks much

mostly of late Lopi
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:31 pm

Imms are a subset of every living thing.

:D
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:07 am

I want my 12 seconds back.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:35 am

Corth wrote:I want my 12 seconds back.

Agreed.
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Oghma
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Oghma » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:01 am

Corth wrote:I want my 12 seconds back.

I want my 3476 seconds back. Because that's about how long I spend looking at each of your posts. 1 second each.
Oghma The Lord of Knowledge, God of Bards
[ Administrator ] of TorilMUD
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:07 am

Ohhhhhh!
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:57 am

SIck burn.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:50 pm

I know I haven't said it recently, as my life has taken a few turns since post-wipe days and it's a whole new world on this side of my computer, but I would like to add my thanks to this thread.

Certain people out there have added countless hours to my enjoyment and entertainment in this game. For those who have distracted me when I desperately needed distraction, cheered me when I thought there was no cheer to be had, have lightened my daily load by offering perspectives I hadn't considered, have been ears when I needed to speak, have given me joy and laughter and fun... Thank you.

Thank you to the staff who come back day after day, helping to provide a place that keeps my distant friends close. Thank you to the staff who spark my imagination and give me a comfortable place to be whatever I want to be, eccentricities and all. Thank you to the staff who provide countless hours of their own time keeping this little worldwide community intact. Thank you for being who you are.

You have my heartfelt appreciation for making some of the most amazing people I know available to me for so long in a world I have enjoyed living in way too often.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Thanks

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:05 pm

For what it's worth, I would like to thank Eilistraee for doing more than he should, and helping this game out with his hard work. I would also like to thank Calladuran for being an active Admin, a job that players hate, but always being helpful with anything I've shot his way. Thanks for playing almost daily, and helping out with whatever you two could.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”