Public apology letter

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Drogga
Sojourner

Public apology letter

Postby Drogga » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:32 am

Hi guys, Im Xemma the efhr. And if you still cant recognize me, send tell to Kegor "who xemma",
bet that will explain who I am. Previous few days i've made few big mistakes in my entire history
with this MUD. few things that involve getting high end items for FOC. around last week my
storage cache corrupted causing me to lose all my hitter EQs which led to me getting reimbursement
from Eilistraee. During the reimbursement i've got few nice consolidation items from Eilistraee that
i decided to keep it to myself. There are 1) a silvered scale of deepest blue hue and 2) 2 enchanted
khanjari daggers. And as expected the admins found out and I get caged and some punishments
from the admins.
When i decided to keep the "items" with me, i knew the chances to get caught is very high but i
keep to it because of my own reasons. Anyway i would like to say sorry to the admins involved for the
trouble i've caused you guys. Apart from being one of your naughty 'son', i treat you guys as our
parents of this little MUD family we have here. And trust me, i did cheat my parents a bunch of times
in my life, especially when it involve something I eagerly wanted.
Hope you guys get the picture of what im trying to say here and please don't do what I did.
Once again i would like to apologize to the admins and thank you very much for your care and
consideration you have put on us players here.

Xemma
Last edited by Drogga on Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:53 am

No need to apologize. The admins finally got to do something. You've made some immorts very happy! :)

Oghma.. you can have one of the seconds that Mori owes me if you can collect it from him.

Cheers!

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:24 pm

*shrug* Considering the items involved, I think most people would have had a hard time not doing the same thing. Don't be too hard on yourself, and if the Imms haven't uncaged you yet, here's hoping they'll do it soon. :)
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:06 pm

sounds like "unordered goods" to me, if you get something in the mail that you didn't order you get to keep it! A gift can not be taken back. Ah well I would have wanted to play around with them for a while too. It's human nature.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:21 pm

*takes everything and runs!*

(they'll never find me in... damnit. So this room does have a vnum. lies!)
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:13 pm

He learned his lesson. I vote he gets uncaged since we need the players. Back in the day when players were plentiful he'd have been deleted outright and banned from the MUD. Glad those days are gone in some ways.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:17 pm

It's hard to believe, given the incredibly small pbase, that it would matter. What's wrong with a little compensation for messed up files? *halo* Now that I don't play nearly as much, I lost my intensity for giving a crap..All I remember about Xemma anyway, is they have the ungodly stupidest name for a ranger. . . ever
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:00 am

Thilindel wrote:Now that I don't play nearly as much, I lost my intensity for giving a crap..

Same here.
Toss the items that weren't yours back, be glad that all/most of the correct items have been reimbursed, & carry on.
BEER
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:18 am

Sounds like an error on Eilistraee's part to give you the things you said you had in the first place. But I can completely understand them wanting to teach you a lesson for the manipulative lies in such a case as trying to help you recover your eq as fast as possible.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:45 pm

I was hoping this would be more juicy. Like, an excruciatingly long post in which the OP tries his hardest not to reveal any information about what happened or who was involved, but still tries to make an apology and sound sincere about it.

I love those.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:00 pm

Wonder if Eili's hand hurts .. "Don't bite the hand that feeds you"

Eili busts his ass trying to make things better code wise, has made some awesome changes and improvements, mostly left un-noticed .. is an active player, has an active home life .. bet he just doesn't need this stuff ..

Low pbase or not (yeah even I have given in to WoW) this stuff still shouldn't be tolerated .. in this day a caging is fine .. let him do his time in the cage, get out and be watched for a bit for other wrong-doings (probation) and be done with the matter

Maybe I am just a goodie goodie but I just cant see doing anything like that .. hehe back in the day Miax screwed up and god-ressed me over water (his fault) then had to reimb me for transient items (he basically just restored my pfile) .. I cant imagine doing anything like this in a similar circumstance

Anyway why the public apology? Was it asked for?

Edit: cant stop giggling thinking about Xemma grouping with one of Eilis mortals and not knowing, and him noticing the spanky items and saying "wtf he didnt have those before" ..
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:19 pm

I'm not an Admin and I didn't handle this, but I still feel like I should point out the following:

1) A smaller pbase does not mean the rules no longer apply. If we just throw all order out the window there's no point in having this game at all, and it certainly would not help encourage more players to join.

2) The items were not just "given" to the player in question and his only crime remaining silent. He was given ample opportunity to help us determine what items were and were not duplicated, and he purposefully chose - several times - not to fess up about some of them.

3) In years past, the player in question would have been deleted and banned with little thought. Trust me, I've seen it happen through multiple regimes, and it was always unsettling. Toril 2 has done a great job of matching the punishment to the crime, and continues to do so with this issue. The player in question has accepted his punishment and so there really isn't any need to try to defend him or plead on his behalf.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:58 pm

Shevarash wrote:I'm not an Admin and I didn't handle this, but I still feel like I should point out the following:

1) A smaller pbase does not mean the rules no longer apply. If we just throw all order out the window there's no point in having this game at all, and it certainly would not help encourage more players to join.

2) The items were not just "given" to the player in question and his only crime remaining silent. He was given ample opportunity to help us determine what items were and were not duplicated, and he purposefully chose - several times - not to fess up about some of them.

3) In years past, the player in question would have been deleted and banned with little thought. Trust me, I've seen it happen through multiple regimes, and it was always unsettling. Toril 2 has done a great job of matching the punishment to the crime, and continues to do so with this issue. The player in question has accepted his punishment and so there really isn't any need to try to defend him or plead on his behalf.

As punishment I say you only allow him to join groups that Inames is part of. *nod self*
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:14 pm

Shevarash wrote: 1) A smaller pbase does not mean the rules no longer apply. If we just throw all order out the window there's no point in having this game at all, and it certainly would not help encourage more players to join.

I think it's a good thing he was caged, simply for the fact that Xemma's ranger's name is so f'g stupid! *cheer*

But yeah, I agree with the rules. I just have so much RL stuff, it's hard to imagine having to wait so much again..like how ferries and shit take so long...it's not productive! *duck*
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:46 pm

I agree Thilendel. Its a lot different waiting for 2.0 than it is waiting for a ferry. I could wait for 2.0 forever and not get upset about it! Probably will too :)
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:02 pm

Well, with the new baby, and the hot grey on drow action. But, seriously..they have a life. 2.0 is being written from the ground up... The game as it is now is the game that most people fell in love with mostly. I don't think prodding would help really. I respect Shev and Shar for their effort. I may be cynical a lot, but I'm appreciative of my time here (save waiting for ferries :P ) and the people I've met!
bawog
Sojourner

Postby bawog » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:51 pm

I think we should tie Xemma up and beat him and call him a dirty little big boy! Nah in all seriousness would be REALLY tempting to give that kind of stuff back, and on the other hand he has to realize that this is also just a game, and not a lifestyle. So sometimes I think people take the game too literally.
Lonikiple group-says 'i remember this one time at izans, when nerox said tanks west, and kobob ran 2 west, and spanked the group, you guyz remember that?'

Tiamat shouts 'No, it is you who is fucked!'
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:01 am

MOVED
Last edited by Kegor on Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:40 am

Man... you have de-railed.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:56 am

Looking forward to your comments on the thread I moved that post to. I know you have something to say about that. :wink:
Drogga
Sojourner

Postby Drogga » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:41 am

Weeee dont know how should i feel about this, but only want to say one thing. i didn't do what i did because i disrespect the coders and admins. Sorry if i somehow hurt you guys :P but believe me you guys rocks and are my friends (even you dont take me as so :P). I really appreciate your works and the time I enjoy here.
Gukov
Sojourner

Postby Gukov » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:51 am

You can pray no more spells.

< 761h/761H 143v/143V >
< >
Qazap nods.

< 761h/761H 143v/143V >
< >
You have finished praying for group heal.
Nuggog flies south.
Elet flies south.
Qazap flies south.
Ezzallixxell flies south.
Xado flies south.

< 761h/761H 143v/143V >
< >
Muxxissinix group-projects 'weird xemma is not here'

< 761h/761H 143v/143V >
< >
It's really, really hot here. A slight breeze would really improve things.

< 761h/761H 143v/143V >
< >
You have finished praying for spirit wrack.
Muxxissinix group-projects 'Zoo Cage One'

< 761h/761H 143v/143V >
< > stand
s
c 'hex' golem
You stop meditating.
You clamber to your feet.
You abandon your praying.

< 761h/761H 143v/143V >
< > City Gates
Exits: -N -S
A tiny pool of blood lays here.
Xado (Human) stands in mid-air here, fighting an iron golem.
Ezzallixxell (Illithid) stands in mid-air here.
Qazap (Drow Elf) stands in mid-air here.
Elet (Drow Elf) stands in mid-air here.
Nuggog (RP) (Ogre) stands in mid-air here, fighting an iron golem.
An iron golem stands here, fighting Nuggog.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”