Rejuv Major: A Discussion

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
moritheil
Sojourner

Rejuv Major: A Discussion

Postby moritheil » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:44 am

Long ago, preserve time was increased to reduce the amount of time wasted preserving pcorpses. Is there any benefit in keeping rejuvenate major low? This is a matter of going in and changing a single number, so it shouldn't take long to adjust. Do people really want rejuvs to remain very small increments (1-2 yrs?)

As near as I can see the only benefit to keeping small increments is the ability to tweak age to an optimum number. However, under Golofamat's proposal that ability would still exist. Rejuv Minor is completely without merit as things currently stand anyhow. Replacing it with the current rejuv major and boosting rejuv major to something more dramatic would save lots of time.

Golofamat says 'only 52 to go!'

<482h>
<P>
Golofamat snickers softly.

<482h>
<P> order followers c 'rej maj' golofamat
Gugal flies in from the west.
Ok.
The wraith of a minotaur hunter is busy, but will execute your order as soon as possible.

<482h>
<P>
Pretty Pwease?!? Gugal begs you, looking desperate.

<482h>
<P>
Ionari starts moaning.

<482h>
<P>
The wraith of a minotaur hunter completes its spell...
The wraith of a minotaur hunter utters the words, 'candusyjzunsoahz wayaf'

<482h>
<P>
The wraith of a minotaur hunter starts casting a spell called 'rejuvenate major'.

<482h>
<P>
Golofamat says 'for a MAJOR rejuv.. youd think it'd do more than 2 years :('

<482h>
<P>
You agree with Golofamat.

<482h>
<P>

<482h>
<P>
Ionari says 'no corpses in 20 months for me!@!!'

<482h>
<P>
Kolyas gets a heavy tankard made of pewter from his bottomless bag of the Tinkers.

<482h>
<P>
Kolyas gets a partially eaten a goodberry from his bottomless bag of the Tinkers.

<482h>
<P>
Kolyas gets a goodberry from his bottomless bag of the Tinkers.

<482h>
<P>
Kolyas puts goodberry in bag.

<482h>
<P>
Kolyas starts casting a spell called 'detect magic'.

<482h>
<P>
Yay Ionari! Golofamat cheers wildly for Ionari!

<482h>
<P> You say 'No point in it only doing 2 years . . . if you can get it that means you got a necro, so why make necros spend 1/2 hr to achieve the same result? :P'

<482h>
<P>
Kolyas completes his spell...
Kolyas utters the words, 'oculoinfra waouq'

<482h>
<P> order followers c 'rej maj' golofamat
Ok.
The wraith of a minotaur hunter starts casting a spell called 'rejuvenate major'.

<482h>
<P>
Golofamat agrees wholeheartedly.

<482h>
<P>
Kolyas sits down in a comfortable spot.

<482h>
<P>
Kolyas takes out his holy symbol and begins praying intently.

<482h>
<P>
Kolyas raises his holy symbol and smiles broadly.

<482h>
<P>
Kolyas clambers to his feet.

<482h>
<P>
You say 'it should do a decade per cast.'

<482h>
<P>
Autosaving...

<482h>
<P>
Golofamat says 'major should do 10 years, minor should be permanent and do 2 years'

<482h>
<P>
Golofamat agrees with you.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:01 pm

things to save time? surely you jest. What's next letting clerics see how long a corpse is preserved for?
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:56 pm

Hmm I really dont think revuv is a class maker or breaker .. hell i have rejuved most everyone, they cant be that old anymore :P

-Ilisa babylich
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:01 pm

Zoldren's still 480 years old!
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:32 pm

i swear i rejuved her :P lol

-Italian Proverb
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:13 pm

Rejuv is annoying and doesn't add much to gameplay, if anything imo. I can't for the life of me figure out why minor rejuv is the way it is. At that level your not going to be old enough to need rejuvs in the first place. In addition, the effects of being old are not strong enough to require a temporary repair like that. By the time you repair your age temporarily you've probably already wasted the same amount of time you would recovering moves/health at a slower rate.

Honestly while the idea of aging is realistic from a rp standpoint, the rejuv spell just makes it an annoying and one-sided time sink and a constant form of maintenance that primarily effects the necromancer who has to do the leg work to correct it.

Improving major rejuv and making minor rejuv perm is definitely a step in the right direction and helps quell an annoying and rather useless time sink.

I'd suggest some kind of more functional/applicable age system in 2.0, maybe one where there are benefits to being different ages that are varied (wisdom/lore/vitality/moves/etc) rather than a 'optimum' age and the maintenance time sink associated with it.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:40 pm

SAD! I've only brought this up...uh, 'dead horse' comes to mind. Anyway, see if this rings a bell

Thilindel
Sojourner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
seems like a general rule but prime age is typically 2x starting age I always slab someone right at or 2x-1 start age

Please make rejuv do more than a puny 1-3 per cast :P Why does age do 10, yet rejuv only do an average of 2? It's so boring to get slapped with rejuv duty, specially when you were still intent on killing after a zone!

Maybe allow control - redo the minor rejuv as it stands. Make minor rejuv 1 year, medium rejuv 2-3 years, and major rejuv 3-5 years. That'd be more fun imho. Who actually enjoys spamming this spell? Some zones that age ppl til they're 390+ yrs old and then asking you to take them to 240..that's 60+ castings MIN as it stands now.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:44 pm

Thilindel wrote:SAD! I've only brought this up...uh, 'dead horse' comes to mind. Anyway, see if this rings a bell

Maybe allow control - redo the minor rejuv as it stands. Make minor rejuv 1 year, medium rejuv 2-3 years, and major rejuv 3-5 years. That'd be more fun imho. Who actually enjoys spamming this spell? Some zones that age ppl til they're 390+ yrs old and then asking you to take them to 240..that's 60+ castings MIN as it stands now.

I acknowledge that I'm not the only one and certainly not the first to say this. But in the current climate, if I bumped your thread I'd just get accused of thread ressing and people wouldn't actually read what the thread said :P

Which, I suppose, is kind of sad.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'

Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'

Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:27 am

We have all had ideas that were discounted when we brought them up but later brought into the light as an excellent idea by someone else .. hehe it happens ..

-Italian Proverb
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:57 am

It's not surprising you have a thread on this Thilindel, you post about e-v-e-r-y, s-i-n-g-l-e m-i-n-o-r thing.

Some are valid, but I just put my finger on what bugs me (and I know had some people bugged out when you posted like 10x a day). And a lot is just convenience crap that muddies the bigger picture of things.

It's that all your suggestions are just things that annoy you personally, but might actually factor/affect the game in much different ways than you know about or care to explore. And I've seen times when you post complaining to up a spell or ability before you even figured out the complete mechanics of it.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:50 pm

Getting back to the original intent of this post...

Yes, please!
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:55 pm

OMGOSH!!

This thread just reminded me I had a bunch of triggers on my Lich setup so I could quest people and give them spell-up if I had pets! :)

Yeah... I forgot most the stuff I did to keep myself from getting bored while playing here all those years ago.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:19 am

Ifin wrote:It's not surprising you have a thread on this Thilindel, you post about e-v-e-r-y, s-i-n-g-l-e m-i-n-o-r thing.

Some are valid, but I just put my finger on what bugs me (and I know had some people bugged out when you posted like 10x a day). And a lot is just convenience crap that muddies the bigger picture of things.

It's that all your suggestions are just things that annoy you personally, but might actually factor/affect the game in much different ways than you know about or care to explore. And I've seen times when you post complaining to up a spell or ability before you even figured out the complete mechanics of it.

In software QA and hardware QA (to some extent) people are asked to write up stuff that annoys them. I'd be pretty annoyed if the ON button for a projector was in a retarded place. Look at how much shit annoyed us that got fixed years after we complained. So what if he complains about shit he has no clue about. At least he does it constructively.
Last edited by Dalar on Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:24 am

Ambar wrote:We have all had ideas that were discounted when we brought them up but later brought into the light as an excellent idea by someone else .. hehe it happens ..

I don't think it's really amusing. Just shows how out of place developers are with the games they create. Bronze Citadel is a great example.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”