LF: Monday night adventurers

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
sotana
Sojourner

LF: Monday night adventurers

Postby sotana » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:50 am

Real life has gotten in the way of my being able to go Sotana'ing as often as I used to so I've finally decided I'll have to make the time because, somehow, it's just not magically appearing on its own. Thus, I am going to set aside Monday nights, 7pm EST for poking my nose into places I probably shouldn't be going. Anyone who would like to is welcome to come along, regardless of class, level, or experience.

I'm not forming for zoning, just breaking back into places that thought they had me good and locked out. Very likely, we won't regularly end up with spanky new eq to covet but, if you like to get around and see places (like Fukil saw the bottom of a bottomless pit in UM2 last Monday..well, once he regained consciousness), we'll be doing that! (I'm fairly sure it was Fukil's fuzzy halfling feet that saved him from sure death when he hit the bottom, btw)

If no one is interested in coming along, I'll be exploring alone with great contentment but wanted to extend the open invitation to any like-minded souls :-)

Warning: Death is quite often a side effect of this kind of exploration. And I'm very equal opportunity death!
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:21 pm

Death and dismemberment in UM?! Sounds perfect!
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:21 pm

Please never change.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:28 pm

For you, I could probably carve out some Monday time here and there.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Cordan
Sojourner

Postby Cordan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:41 pm

Now this sounds like it could be fun! I may have to tag along tonight if I don't go to the bar instead. :)
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:12 am

Minoshil, Lopi, and Ashiwi proved to be made of hardy stuff when we explored UM1 and UM2 tonight. Not a single death among 'em (I must be really out of practice)! Thanks for coming along...we had a lot of fun :-) I'll practice inspiring death this week and we'll see what happens during next Monday's adventures!
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:54 am

Thanks to Lopi for coming to play in Underdark with me tonight! :-) We um...borrowed a few things from a number of interesting-looking-but-initially-reluctant drow, played tag with driders and overall had a grand time. Both of us lived though :-( the whole time! Clearly, next Monday it'll be time to up the ante....
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:49 am

Sunlireal, Lopi, Hagah, Roklam and I explored the great sunraying-ness glory of Myth Unnohyr. We smote much, and were in turn smote though not as often (but thoroughly!) so finally paid them back by stealing their eq. Thanks for coming to play guys!!
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:41 pm

I'm not content 'til a corpse of Lopi lies here--right along with the rest of us!
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:56 am

Lopi, Pidibeple, Ragug, Ramork, and I braved Um2 tonight. Unfortunately, the anti-pal group hurried from an adjacent room to claim Ragug as soon as they saw him. Then, Birile, I'm sorry to say, you missed the Lopi death you were waiting for. That's what you get for missing a Monday night of adventuring! Thanks to all you guys for coming to play. :-) It was fun and we'll see what we can find to get into next Monday night!!
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:55 am

Another Monday, another death (or...three). Lopi, Sunlireal and I managed to have great fun in demi before migrating to Citadel. Both sides of the battle racked up a corpse count but, in the end, we were the ones who came away with the loot! I wonder what will kill us next week....
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:49 am

Lopi and I had a grand time cutting a wide swathe through the jungles near Hyssk. We were later joined by Mabom, Nymantar, and Konoler (for a moment) and the snake skins went flying. Sadly, I have no death toll for tonight. I promise to do better next week!

P.S. Grank sends his regards to all who missed him tonight.
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:23 am

There will be no Monday night adventuring for me this week (December 3rd) as I will instead be involved in some unavoidable holiday traditioning. I guess that means we'll just have to make twice the corpse pile next week...
Last edited by sotana on Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:55 pm

:(

And to think I even got Siphon Undead and was gonna request some undead smiting to show it off... I guess I'll have to wait 'til Lili's Tuesday night evil zoneage.

Oh, and if you're holiday traditioning is Christmas caroling then you should swing by my place--I've got some eggnog that I'll spike with the traditional stuff for ya!
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:08 am

Thank you to Lanot, Ditor, Kelren, Temuk, Lopi and Alimam for contributing to this week's adventures in TF! The player corpse count was low (I peaked far too early :-() but we came away with some lovely loot to console us. My favorite was the set of matching his and hers fur-lined suits for those cold winter nights. We'll see if we can top that next Monday!
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:35 pm

Just in case anyone is wondering, no, I have no family nearby with whom to celebrate Christmas Eve so I will be spending tonight with my mud family! I will be wandering about as normal, poking my nose into interesting (to me) places tonight just like any other Monday night and welcome any willing victi...er...company.

As a special Christmas gift, I would be thrilled to give anyone who wants to come along an exact duplicate of themselves (only, maybe missing a pulse...and, well, eq). If you are truly lucky and I really like you, maybe you'll get a matching set! Merry Christmas!!
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:02 am

Lopi, Simasel, Rathilin, Lanot, Ashiwi, Pulel, Yog and I had a very festive Christmas Eve. We traipsed into the bloodriders' camp, trimmed Jessica Trahern's tree, then proceeded to deck the halls (and mobs) of Oakvale. Thanks to all of them for coming along and enlivening my evening! :-) I apologize for not following through on the promised gift (oh except Ashiwi...Merry Christmas Ashiwi). There's always next Monday....
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:48 am

Pidibeple, Nimut, Tanir, Bacol, Lanot, Raelican, Moluba and I prepared for the new year with a very jovial visit to Citadel (for some of us, our jovialness was aided by alcohol, which in turn added to the jovialness of the entire group! Pictures were definitely taken and will surely surface at a future, inopportune moment). Thanks so much guys! We'll see what we can find next Monday....
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:03 am

Had a lot of fun exploring Scorched Forest with Lopi, Nimut, Lanot, and Lathash. Thanks guys! We searched hither and yon, killed all the mobs (just in case they weren't quest mobs), and even solved a mystery or two. Another pcorpseless night though...as a matter of fact, Lathash even levelled! I'm definitely losing my touch *sigh* It just means I gotta double my efforts next Monday!!
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:59 am

This past Monday, Ciresit, Pazak, Teflor, Ewiril and I traveled from Waterdeep to the Calimshan desert via a luxurious airship. Despite the exotic accomodations, it was a surprisingly bloody ride with a double corpse count racked up by more than one of our party.

Thanks for a mavelous time guys :-) We climbed the riggings, visited the captain, and discovered an illusionist with a strong will to live (who has, btw, clearly solved the mystery of the silent shade). We even had a cameo by Nymantar as the Mysterious Man with his everchanging troupe of undeadly sorts!

Sadly, I had no personal contribution to add to the corpse pile at the end of the night. Looks like I'm gonna have to go map Avernus a few times before next Monday to polish up my dying skills...
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:15 pm

Unfortunately (for me anyway), it looks like I'm going to have to cancel tonight's Monday night adventurers' outing. I apologize for the late notice but I have a test tomorrow and didn't have as much time to prepare for it over the weekend as I had hoped. So die amongst yourselves tonight and I'll be back exploring next Monday night, inviting anyone who wants to come along!
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:33 am

Durgan, Timok, Eya, Alimam, Lopi, Xaril, Kloshibble, Anrad and I took a tour of Spiderhaunt. It was druidically scenic and the trees were actually quite lovely (we even spotted a Nymantar several times!). Our corpse count was pathetic but it was a very educational trip. If you're ever in the neighborhood, be sure you try the writhing maggots. Best meal in the game!
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:15 am

Thanks for the fun, Lopi and Alimam! :-) We spent a nice, quiet evening digging for jewels in some beautifully hidden mines. Of course, we weren't the only creatures drawn by the glitter so death was had by all (except Lopi....somehow, it's never Lopi)! Maybe next Monday we can work on a total spank. It's good to have goals!
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:20 am

Well, we had a big group tonight so Lopi, Lorendel, Kloshiel, Saler, Avran, Nimut, Rawel, Relod, Ewiril and I decided to free some poor, downtrodden slaves. That all went so well that I felt our big group deserved a dragon. Always happy to go the extra mile, I instead brought 3 dragons. After some blood, guts, quite a bit of corpse creation (on our part), and a little help from Zolth, Acoran, Rihunam, and Sasinel, we managed to defeat the dragons, wipe out the slavers (and um...a good number of slaves), and steal all their loot. Oh but I love the Monday nights!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:04 am

You guys/gals/its should explore the crystal caves next week!
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:26 am

Agree! Isn't it nice to know in advance where you're going to die?
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:19 am

Sadly, it looks like I'll be traveling for work this week with meetings on Monday night so no adventuring for me :-( I'll be back the next Monday and ready to head into crystal caves!
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:10 am

Well, we raided crystal caves with quite the group! Avran, Bacol, Ahpu, Relod, Timok, Rondandal, Tazass, Rihunam, Thagden, Ewiril, Keha, Lopi, Ciresit, and I (did I miss anyone?) spelunked the caves then moved on to pick on some of Kia's worshippers and topped off the evening with a couple of dragons (after all, what's a Monday night adventure without a dragon or two?) where we were joined by Sasinel and Thamos. Thanks all and see you next Monday!
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:11 pm

Sorry for the late notice but I'm not feeling well and don't think I'll be able to make it to Monday Night adventuring tonight :-( We'll see if OJ and a nap are really what the doctor ordered.

Lorsalian and Ewiril, thank you for accompanying me through the oddly quiet halls of UM2 last Monday night. Maybe next foray down there we'll draw straws to see who does #99 flee at the top of the stairs to UM2. Mmmmm UM2....

Should we thoroughly map MD next week? After the mud being down for a couple of weeks, deathless adventuring last week, and being sick tonight, I'm a couple dozen corpses short, and demons proc'ing more demons should be just the ticket! *dream* I'm feeling better already!
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:10 pm

Okay somehow I entirely spaced entering anything after our last Monday night traipsing. Sorry and thanks to all who came along on our ventures through swamps and caves. We found a helpful new mob and Ewiril happened upon quite a beautifully spiffy weapon that was cool enough to have its very own name, complete with caps! Unfortunately, it looks like Breath of the Desert was destined to only stay with Ewiril for a short while but we sure had fun watching it proc sandstorm, dust devil, and displace for the rest of our journeyings. From bits of string to artifacts, who knows what we'll find this Monday night...
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:02 am

From UM2 to Myth Drannor, it was a night of demons. Pidibeple, Llorin, Emices, Pragmar, Lopi, Kerishai, Timok and I did quite well in MD, leaving a trail of corpses that was remarkably pc corpse-free (almost). And then fang dragon found us about the same time that RL girlfriends/roommates came home. :-P

Thanks so much for the fun guys. Was a blast finding hidden stuff I'd never run across before!! Of course, the abrupt ending just means we need to go back and finish what we started, you know. Closure and all that *nod me*
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:37 pm

Fang dragon and electrum dragon - most worthless mobs in MD evar.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:54 am

More MD fun tonight with Mimollo, Rondandal, Xeslenon, Rawel, Onali, Lorendel, Lorsalian, Avran, Asda, Eki, Birile, Pidibeple, Valendhal, and me. Demons, and nagas, and skellies, oh my! Serious thanks to the group. I've been wanting to see this zone in greater detail for a long time now :-) But of course, there's still so much to see...
Last edited by sotana on Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:20 am

In a rather impressive display of death and dismemberment, Ewiril, Sunlireal, Ishiras, Rondandal, Urepat, Mimollo, Llorin, Lorendel and I swam with the fishes (and their pet sharks) Monday night. We stole all their loot while they weren't looking, (eventually) took down a Big Ugly, and wiped out their royalty. This morning really had me wishing I drank coffee though. Think I'm going to go take a nap now to prepare for next Monday night....
Kifle
Sojourner

Re:

Postby Kifle » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:03 am

sotana wrote:In a rather impressive display of death and dismemberment, Ewiril, Sunlireal, Ishiras, Rondandal, Urepat, Mimollo, Llorin, Lorendel and I swam with the fishes (and their pet sharks) Monday night. We stole all their loot while they weren't looking, (eventually) took down a Big Ugly, and wiped out their royalty. This morning really had me wishing I drank coffee though. Think I'm going to go take a nap now to prepare for next Monday night....

SG used to be my favorite zone. I really have to log in on Monday next week.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:15 pm

Another Monday night, another corpse pile when Llorin, Lopi, Rondandal, and I took on UM2. The mob corpse count vs pc corpse count was too close to even for a while but with the help of Xanza, Onali, Ciresit, and Ararim, we managed to overcome! At least until next Monday night...
Birile
Sojourner

Re:

Postby Birile » Mon May 05, 2008 6:17 pm

sotana wrote:Another Monday night, another corpse pile when Llorin, Lopi, Rondandal, and I took on UM2. The mob corpse count vs pc corpse count was too close to even for a while but with the help of Xanza, Onali, Ciresit, and Ararim, we managed to overcome! At least until next Monday night...

I blame it on Nymantar vacationing in Myrtle Beach...
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue May 06, 2008 10:42 pm

Thanks to Lopi, Pombapasul, Digun, Lorsalian, Ewiril, and Birile, the streets of Hulburg were safer for at least a whole pop (er...well, maybe less safe if you were a mob who looked like you might have something remotely interesting)! Unfortunately, Birile is now even more behind in the corpse count after his vacation last week and a deathless Monday night last night. Hrm.....I'll have to take that into account next Monday.....
Birile
Sojourner

Re: LF: Monday night adventurers

Postby Birile » Wed May 07, 2008 3:06 pm

*panic*
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed May 07, 2008 7:58 pm

Are these still happening at 7pm EST? I wouldn't mind dragging a few extra mobs into Birile's path to help that corpse count go up :)
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Sat May 10, 2008 12:54 am

7pm EST 'tis! Although I do believe that this Monday it will likely be 7:30pm-ish depending on how quickly I get homework done. Yay for the beginning of a new semester! *mutter*
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Mon May 19, 2008 10:57 pm

*sigh* Sorry to cancel last minute but I have a test due tonight that I had hoped to have done by now. Due to so many factors that I'm too tired to mention, it's not, so I shall be slogging it out in the academic trenches instead of throwing myself (and any who care to adventure with me) repeatedly at mobs in the name of exploration and education tonight. Pretty sure my instructor will give me extra credit for any pcorpses created in my name tonight though so let me know how things turn out for any of you exploring types!
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Sat May 31, 2008 5:20 pm

Err...oops! Once again, I forgot to update the adventuring. Apparently, this school stuff is distracting! Thanks to Lorsalian, Kaithanas, Azik, Ewiril, Sunlireal, Llorin, and Alane, we left a trail of blood in the forest (yay beholder!), past the eels, through the maze, past the golems, and uuup the tower last Monday night. It was a lot of fun so thanks guys! Next time we need to make a point of introducing ourselves to the man who pulls all the strings...
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:43 pm

Another Monday night, another sad, sad pcorpse pile. Lanot, Ewiril, Lopi, the Gormalhorde, and I picked on fire giants for our most recent adventure and we actually walked away intact. The giants are unable to say the same.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:36 am

GORMALHORDE
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:04 pm

Sorry. I have a conference I need to be at this Monday night so no adventuring for me. :-( Well, at least not on the mud...as I managed to convince my boss that rock-climbing is a team building experience, I'll be RL adventuring! Go me!
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:53 am

Well we started late but quickly made up for lost time when Azik got gulped by a remo (first death goes to Azik! *hero*) With some perseverance and the tiniest smidgen of luck, Azik, Eya, Ewiril, Zih, Lorsalian and I managed to defeat the worm. We left a trail of corpses (both troll and giant) to help us find our way back out as we explored, then were joined by Pazak, Dunegar, Sasin, Tomirias, Roklam for some indiscriminate frost giant smiting before calling it a night. Thanks for the fun guys!
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:40 pm

In spite of choosing a zone with the Mobs That Never End (yay for pwb!), Tikobanale, Lorsalian, Nonox, Pazak, Lanot, Azik, Xopia, Ashiwi, and myself managed to defeat the demon and all his spawn, laying the poor paladin's heart to rest as was his last request and, well, stealing everything shiny that wasn't nailed down. Thanks for a lot of fun with an actual bloodbath guys!

Oh and major thanks to Hamit for putting in the real work of res'ing our corpse pile!
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:56 am

Wow it was a full night of death! We faced the lich with all his driders and came away with a very respectable corpse pile and a special fondness for lich touch. Thanks to Jali, Casus, Visek, Dunegar, Lorsalian, Lintral, Eya, Pazak, Keca, Ewiril, Bolm, Elgeron, Loesharos, Kitra, Abib for a very enjoyable Monday night adventuring :-) As a lazy druid, especially thanks to Lintral for walking the dead back in (I really should curtail my mass destruction in !tele areas) and Elgeron for vigs when I was dragging the final glorious corpse stash back to civilization!

Once more, thanks to Agor for helping clean up and hide the evidence!
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:54 pm

Last night my hard drive called a definitive halt to computer frivolity of any sort so it looks like there will be no adventuring for me tonight :-( My time this evening will be completely consumed with trying to beat some sense into my computer using Knoppix and a hammer. A very big hammer. Possibly even a Hammer of Moradin.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”