Paladins and tog vic, take 2

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Dalar
Sojourner

Paladins and tog vic, take 2

Postby Dalar » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:57 am

Are paladins allowed to kill mortally wounded npcs in 3.5? If so, can paladins tog vic? I don't understand why a paladin would even hesitate to finish off evil.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Zalkenai
Sojourner

Postby Zalkenai » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:34 am

In "The book of exalted deeds" it talks at length about good killing evil. It generally states that most things should be given a chance to redeem themselves, and that the truly good would offer them that chance (demons/devils excluded... it says these are too evil to be turned).

While this kind of works for a tabletop RP game, where there's a chance to turn someone away from their "misguided" ways, what does it leave on a game where nobody is controlling the RP of NPCs?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:08 am

Does it offer redemption before you mortally wound it or before you even attack it? Also, isn't it against RP for quite a few class/race combinations to go around killing multiple npcs and genocide of certain races (podlings!) to gain power? For less game frustration, remove the !tog vic for paladins. For the RPers who complain, set them back to level 1 and tell them that killing is bad and alignment is permanent and see how they like it.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Zalkenai
Sojourner

Postby Zalkenai » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:31 am

I was just trying to give a 3.0-3.5 rules appropriate answer. It is not my opinion. In Tabletop RP, as well as in this game, most alignment based things tend to go against the nature of the game itself.

i.e. killing things for loot/power/xp
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:54 pm

From a gameplay perspective the wierd part I think is you specifically have to type: kill mob, when it is lying there mortally wounded.

That makes the paladin class stand out as more bloody than the other classes. This is especially noticable, and almost hilarious on the very low levels with n00b eq.

I could mabye understand this behaviour to mobs you don't want to kill, ie. mobs that gives -xp. But not orcs etc.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”