Ideal Tank Stats

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Gormal
Sojourner

Ideal Tank Stats

Postby Gormal » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:55 pm

So lets say for the sake of argument that I'm rolling a grey elf warrior purely to tank: what are the ideal stats to shoot for?

Is it worthwhile to shoot for 100 str/dex or is hhpp good enough with the gear currently available? (Assuming that the perfects are agi/con)
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:50 pm

Agility - 98 (believe 97 is 55 base ac)
Dexterity - (Any "mighty" or higher is 7 hitroll, which gives random extra innate attacks. Also, 101 Dex gives you 8 hitroll notch so 4% better chance per round of extra innate attack)
Constitution - duh! 101 con gives 50 hps at lvl 50 so may as well max
Strength - need heroic + a bonus. Some heroic strength isn't 4 damroll. Elves rarely get a critic anyway *shrug*

Have fun rolling!

Gnomes are fairly close to elves in that 101 notch for constitution and agility both give bonus.
101 Agi for gnome is 49 ac (grey elf)
101 Con is 1/hp more/lvl
For dexterity, a gnome's 100 is an elf's 95. Gnomes can hit 7 hitroll with the extra innate attack, but they need around 106 I think to get 8 hitroll vs. grey elf needing any max_dex.

Relative to a human, a gnome with 100 strength is really a human's strength of 75. Halflings 100 is 62.5 of a human..*gag* - but both gnome and halfling can get 3 damroll. Just gnome is still stronger. Almost seems gnome and grey elf are pretty damned close (+1 for me for rambling other stats into an elf question!)
Emarin
Sojourner

Re: Ideal Tank Stats

Postby Emarin » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:48 am

Gormal wrote:So lets say for the sake of argument that I'm rolling a grey elf warrior purely to tank: what are the ideal stats to shoot for?

Is it worthwhile to shoot for 100 str/dex or is hhpp good enough with the gear currently available? (Assuming that the perfects are agi/con)

Obviously, you'd want:

str 255
agi 255
dex 255
con 255
pow 255
int 255
wis 255
cha 255

here's the Pro Action Replay code:

6217ACF8 00000000
B217ACF8 00000000
000004D4 00000F20
00000A7C 00000F20
00001024 00000F20
000015CC 00000F20
D2000000 00000000

enter this right after you select your race and class.
Dartan tells you '*roll*'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:55 pm

Get max agi and con, heroic str/dex just for kicks. Then, find enough maxagi to get 116 maxagi.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:22 am

Well I like to have top notch str, and when looking at using valhalla, you want every extra attack you can get so getting 100dex is important. I did some testing with a 92dex grey elf warrior and found that even bumping it up to 96 with gear didnt net as many extra attacks as pushing it to 100. The notch could be between 100 and 96 but I'm not sure as I don't have a ton of +1 dex gear lying around.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:36 am

Is there any way a staffer could elaborate a bit on how the extra attacks thing works?
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:50 am

it's about 4% chance extra past 6 innate hitroll (only for grey elf, gnome, halfling, drow) that you get an extra innate attack. Whatever the base is for 7 innate hitroll, when you get enough max_dex (save halfling) to hit 8, 9, 10, etc base hitroll, you gain about 4% chance per notch to have an extra innate attack. Halflings don't seem to gain anything from hitting 11 innate hitroll, yet an elf that can hit it does. Not much sense. Kiryan had some tests as well.

I had a post that wasn't happy with the sub-gnome dexterity races not gaining ANYTHING but a single hitroll when they go over the 7 innate hitroll notch. A dwarf gains nothing but a single hitroll, for example with max_dex. Go figure. Nobody gave a damn either. :(

So 7 innate hitroll would be base with xtra innate: each notch above would be like (base % chance for extra attack + 4% per notch over)
Shaiith
Sojourner

Postby Shaiith » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:15 am

Don't settle, if you're doing it (starting over for stats), do it right.

4 perfect warriors are possible, I rolled at least 3 of them (I can remember the names of the elf/ogre/yuanti) before I stopped playing, but you need a good autoroller. I seem to remember that they're about a 1 in a million chance and you can do up to either 2 or 4 rolls per second (forget which) if you're on a good connection, so it's only 140 (or 70) hrs of watching the screen scroll.
Harlindral group-says 'but, im very powerful'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:47 am

Gormal wrote:Is there any way a staffer could elaborate a bit on how the extra attacks thing works?

Given how long ago you'd asked, I'm surprised you didn't get an answer. Player Handbook is quite specific as to details of the game. For the mud, there's always really odd ambiguity. Like 'protection from good' or 'Blur' There's no true way of knowing just exactly what happens. It would be great to know a range of damage for spells or just what exactly they do. Melee is straightforward except the 'offense' modification. However, mage/druid/shaman/psi's don't get it, so who knows. For the most part, melee knows exactly how much range in damage they do.

Why are some files so helpful, and there are some skills, 'TRAP for example,' that aren't listed, working, or helpful in nature of their description.

Corth's pointed out for a couple years, about the invisible Cyric. Shev/Shar are busy with family life, which is cool given the baby and all . . but what happens when Eilistraee/Lathander get tired or aren't able to come on either? The mud seems to be on auto-pilot, unless HEAVEN FORBID, you misuse LFG or something and threaten the few people who are still at the keys. Yay Admin! Hiding behind the scenes doesn't seem to put a feel of 'here we are players,' or any peace of mind. Hell, they're sticklers to the end on rules that are quite pointless to enforce at this point. Rules that have no consequence on the game, etc. . . such as LFG channel. And when I say ADMIN, I don't mean Eilistraee or Lathander. Not sure any other gods who actually do help that can be seen. I'm sure there are other contributors such as Martha but I don't recall them all so it's not a snub! :)

It'd just be nice to see that when a god so rarely does pop up (in admin), that they're not only there to whine about a channel being used or one character being forgotten and AFK/Idling in the inn.
Callarduran
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Callarduran » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:13 pm

Thilindel wrote:Blah Blah, Admins suck, enforcing rules are bad.

Get back on the topic of the thread. While I have no problem with discussion of what you think I do is wrong, you will do it civilly and in the proper forum.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:00 pm

Thilindel wrote:
Gormal wrote:Is there any way a staffer could elaborate a bit on how the extra attacks thing works?

Given how long ago you'd asked, I'm surprised you didn't get an answer. Player Handbook is quite specific as to details of the game. For the mud, there's always really odd ambiguity. Like 'protection from good' or 'Blur' There's no true way of knowing just exactly what happens. It would be great to know a range of damage for spells or just what exactly they do. Melee is straightforward except the 'offense' modification. However, mage/druid/shaman/psi's don't get it, so who knows. For the most part, melee knows exactly how much range in damage they do.

Why are some files so helpful, and there are some skills, 'TRAP for example,' that aren't listed, working, or helpful in nature of their description.

Corth's pointed out for a couple years, about the invisible Cyric. Shev/Shar are busy with family life, which is cool given the baby and all . . but what happens when Eilistraee/Lathander get tired or aren't able to come on either? The mud seems to be on auto-pilot, unless HEAVEN FORBID, you misuse LFG or something and threaten the few people who are still at the keys. Yay Admin! Hiding behind the scenes doesn't seem to put a feel of 'here we are players,' or any peace of mind. Hell, they're sticklers to the end on rules that are quite pointless to enforce at this point. Rules that have no consequence on the game, etc. . . such as LFG channel. And when I say ADMIN, I don't mean Eilistraee or Lathander. Not sure any other gods who actually do help that can be seen. I'm sure there are other contributors such as Martha but I don't recall them all so it's not a snub! :)

It'd just be nice to see that when a god so rarely does pop up (in admin), that they're not only there to whine about a channel being used or one character being forgotten and AFK/Idling in the inn.

Power trips. Stanford prisoner study. Interesting.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:57 pm

Callarduran wrote:

Get back on the topic of the thread. While I have no problem with discussion of what you think I do is wrong, you will do it civilly and in the proper forum.

You're actually one of the admins that bothers me more than anybody.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:58 pm

Callarduran wrote:

Seriously, what do you guys actually do? I'm tactful. And I was civil. You don't like my opinion, there's nothing I can do about that. If you'd quit butchering what I wrote, I said the channel use, which was quite temporary, is just what everybody does. It causes no harm, nor does it get used when no gods are on in the first place as you deem 'unfit.' Are you trying to push me personally away as well? Then the active pbase would be what? 11??

Oh, and great job being an admin and not replying to the topic yourself even though you tell me to! :) Gormal asked a simple question.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:49 pm

Callarduran wrote:

Was this necessary? You can make your point without resorting to childish misquotes. It only detracts from your argument.
Callarduran
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Callarduran » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:58 pm

Birile, yes it was. For I am tired, cranky, and while juvenile, was making a small joke.

Dartan, for your post to be relevant, you must be a prisoner. You know where the door is. Also, a warning, or requesting someone to stop something !=punishment, nor a power trip.

Thilindel, I did not answer because as a staffer, I am not going to divulge code to you or anyone else upon request. It works as it always has - Trial and Error.

Gormal, I apologize for this being locked, but it seems to have been hijacked horribly. Please feel free to start a new topic regarding your question if you wish.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”