I object

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Thrand
Sojourner

I object

Postby Thrand » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:05 pm

I enjoy playing here.
Thanks for your time and effort.

Making the item you need to restore
your weapons !rent makes me want to scream.

Lopi
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:18 pm

Actually it's worse than !rent, it's both !rent and !id.

Objection seconded.
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:58 pm

I have no idea what you're talking about, but if it's something with areas, then I agree this is retarded.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:09 am

O come o why is it bad to prevent hoarding on an item that is extremely powerful?

We say we want money sinks, they put them in and we find out the hard way then complain?

He is talking about the item needed to restore weapons if they have been cursed (newly put in when the !fumble flag was removed)

It's a mini quest that for its worth is very reasonable

Our guild bought a ton of these, someone rented with one so we found out the hard way too .. But then Kaisi stayed online for several hours and passed them out to anyone (from any guild) who needed them ..

Ambar -Good Luck Bear- Carebears of Imphras (I think its cute!)
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:16 am

Hahaha that's pretty funny.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:45 am

good show ambar!
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:27 am

Yeah, I rented with it to check, because Kaisi bought 30 of them without checking for it being !rent. In fact, Kaisi didn't want to believe that someone would make a !id item for a fundamental quest (fundamental because the game has been fundamentally changed) and make it !rent.

Yes, it's hilarious, but wouldn't it be nicer if it wasn't !id, so that we could see it's !rent?

Kaisi did a good thing btw, he saved me using my own cash to uncurse weapons :P
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:42 am

Jesus Ambar, "hoarding an item that is extremely powerful". You can buy as many as you want, its not that powerful and even for an item like khanjari results in a very small net gain in damage, and you shouldn't use it on both... that's just plain ignorant. I love ya, but you wouldn't even be informed about it if Mike hadn't told you irl, and for the record... !id !rent items are ridiculous.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:33 pm

You are correct, Gormal, I did not know the item's location until Kaisi told me, your point? They are world pop mobs, noone knows where they are until someone tells them. I have never once ever claimed to be anything but a noob .. even when I was zoning with the best of the best I always wondered how I got in .. Then again I wouldn't have been allowed to stay if I wasn't decent .. *shrug*

Powerful .. yes .. Would you rather just do the quest again for the items in whole or pay a stipend to most for the fix?

Sorry I didnt mention you by name Simon, didnt even occur to me to say who it was :) And Most of that cash was SoI money :)

-Good Luck Bear-
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:56 pm

There are 2 global load mobs that need to be found, one loads in multiple random places at once. Having to find 2 global rareloads at once is a huge pain in the ass for something that's supposed to fix an old problem. Even if you could stockpile the herbs, you'd still have to find one global mob. All of that aside, removing curse from weapons is still not really that powerful at all. You need to keep your main hand weapons cursed if you ever use disarm anyway, and the benefit you gain in terms of damage from a little more dice is negligible since its all about damroll.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:00 pm

Wow... fundamentally changes the game? Barely. And I'm the guy who can have 7 pets dual wielding and not worry anymore.

Extremely powerful? I vote for no.

No offense, but do you guys think maybe you are exaggerating a little?

I don't see a real need to make the items !rent unless there is a cap to how many can be in the game at any one given time--which doesn't really seem to be the case if Kaisi had 30 of 'em on him. If someone wants to spend their money in this fashion and sink all of their plat in one shot, so what?? How is that negatively impacting another player? Even if the Imms were worried about keeping the items in the game in case they decided to unimplement the whole thing, who cares? Just remove the quest mob and all of those items are rendered useless and we can all laugh at Gormal for having 50 in his storage cache.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:06 pm

I lul'd at this thread.

The item is not extremely powerful, it's a stopgap way to fix a problem that should have been fixed a decade ago.

And !rent !id items aren't a cash sink, that's the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard. Making a costly item !rent isn't a cash sink any more than duck ponding plat is a cash sink. It's just a stupid way to screw someone out of cash if they don't hear about it from someone else.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:22 pm

I only have to say one thing.

I idled for 2 days with these damn things in my inventory and looked for people to give them away to. Finding the mobs both rares, that load in various places, sucks, but that's questing. It happens.

Buying the item, and me ID'ing it to find out its !id, sucked, but well I figured if it's !id they really wouldn't make something like that !rent when you have to find one, then find another to do it, in the same boot.

Luckily, I apparently funded most of the mud over those two days.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:28 pm

Well the !rent was intended.

The !id got inherited from the original host item I used. I just haven't had time to strip the !id flag off yet.
Eilistraee
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:35 pm

<3
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:56 pm

Ambar wrote:You are correct, Gormal, I did not know the item's location until Kaisi told me, your point? They are world pop mobs, noone knows where they are until someone tells them. I have never once ever claimed to be anything but a noob .. even when I was zoning with the best of the best I always wondered how I got in .. Then again I wouldn't have been allowed to stay if I wasn't decent .. *shrug*

Powerful .. yes .. Would you rather just do the quest again for the items in whole or pay a stipend to most for the fix?

Sorry I didnt mention you by name Simon, didnt even occur to me to say who it was :) And Most of that cash was SoI money :)

-Good Luck Bear-

We still don't know as well.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”