TorilMUD Iceberry Eating Contest!

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Gormal
Sojourner

TorilMUD Iceberry Eating Contest!

Postby Gormal » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:44 pm

Yes you heard it right, its time for the first semi-annual iceberry-eating EXTRAVAGANZA GANZA GANZA! Have you been hoarding iceberries for your own devious and possibly malicious purposes? Do you want a chance to throw your stockpile in the face of all of those poor questors? WELL HERE'S YOUR CHANCE. This SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY, come on down to Viperstongue at high noon and laugh as the world cries at the light blue hue on your tongue as you wolf down handfuls of iceberries!

Contestants will be judged on quantity consumed, snide remarks, crowd reaction, and general awesomeness. So come on down and show what you've got!
Dalar
Sojourner

Re: TorilMUD Iceberry Eating Contest!

Postby Dalar » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:45 pm

I for one welcome these crowd-pleasing events. Count me in as a judge.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:21 pm

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:31 pm

Leave my contest alone, I'm contributing to morale.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:33 pm

Excuse me, but this isn't hoarding. Some iron rations are also a quest item as well as many other foods. Iceberries are considered a delicacy by some and this is what the contest is about. Please reference lines 1748, 1253 and 204 of the magical quest file for examples of food being in quests.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:34 pm

I'll donate a crusty leather phallus to the pile for someone to eat.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:38 pm

Damnit. I ate all my iceberries last week. With some fava beans and a nice chianti. Sniff.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Vikaz
Sojourner

Postby Vikaz » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:29 pm

Its called competition. I hear its a good thing to have in a game.
V
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:16 pm

Vikaz wrote:

care to elaborate? i'm confused. do you mean gormals competition is good for the game, or that collecting statless quest items you wont be using yourself in violation of the mud's very rules creates the competition which you feel is good?

thanks in advance
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:17 pm

Teyaha wrote:
Vikaz wrote:

care to elaborate? i'm confused. do you mean gormals competition is good for the game, or that collecting statless quest items you wont be using yourself in violation of the mud's very rules creates the competition which you feel is good?

thanks in advance

Excuse me, but this isn't hoarding. Some iron rations are also a quest item as well as many other foods. Iceberries are considered a delicacy by some and this is what the contest is about. Please reference lines 1748, 1253 and 204 of the magical quest file for examples of food being in quests.

Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:29 pm

when did i use the word 'hoarding' anywhere in what you quoted? and i wasnt even talking to you. nice troll and flame, especially how you compare something with unlimited amounts purchasable per boot to a once per boot item - food or otherwise
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:52 pm

Teyaha wrote:when did i use the word 'hoarding' anywhere in what you quoted? and i wasnt even talking to you. nice troll and flame, especially how you compare something with unlimited amounts purchasable per boot to a once per boot item - food or otherwise

Mission accomplished.

Nicely played, Gormal.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:03 am

Teyaha wrote:when did i use the word 'hoarding' anywhere in what you quoted? and i wasnt even talking to you. nice troll and flame, especially how you compare something with unlimited amounts purchasable per boot to a once per boot item - food or otherwise

You linked to a thread where the first rule is hoarding, which it isn't. There are other items, such as onions from IC, that are not unlimited. They also don't taste as good too. Is that a better argument for you?

Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:11 am

do we need another history lesson?

a player with 15 iceberries wanted to sell me one for 2k plat. he was not kidding or being condescending or joking

i petitioned asking if this was legal now, and talona made her post which i linked.

you then made this post

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=19842

the rules apply to everyone. hoarding iceberries because you like to eat 'em? go for it. purposefully getting them at each boot and then turning around and trying to sell them to people doing quests? against the rules

and you are welcome for that chunk
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:41 am

The chunk wasn't very tasty.

Vikaz
Sojourner

Postby Vikaz » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:20 am

Teyaha wrote:
Vikaz wrote:

thanks in advance

Look, I'll try to explain as best as I can, but I havent played here in a long time, so whatever. This place lacks competition, lack of competition leads to lack of motivation, and lack of motivation leads to the lack of pbase the game has right now. When someone breaks a rule and it affects you directly, you have 2 options. Man up and try to beat them next time, or go cry to mommy. You chose to go cry to mommy.

Granted, I don't know the details of this particular incident, but whatever. Stop crying and play the game, or don't and gtfo.
V
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:25 am

Competition over what? Being the biggest bleephole?
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:53 am

We got an iceberry tonight and i gdiced it for the iceberry extravaganza! Don't be upset that you don't have tasty sweet succulent iceberries to eat, Teyaha:(
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:12 am

teflor the ranger wrote:Competition over what? Being the biggest bleephole?

I won it! it may not make it until the contest i may need a midnight snack
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:35 am

I hear iceberry pies are nice.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”