Twinking

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Twinking

Postby Thilindel » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:01 pm

Anybody else tired of a certain rogue twinking everything? Rogues in general are overpowered. But it's quite bad when a zone is done for one or two items - and some rogue has twinked it. Then same rogue whines on BBS saying 'oh don't dumb down the game.'
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Re: Twinking

Postby Shevarash » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:13 pm

I'm not sure what you hope to accomplish with this post, other than a flame war.

If you have concerns about a specific zones "twinkability" and want the staff to review it,I would suggest opening up a ticket in Trac and provide as many details as possible.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:05 pm

Although some situations certainly abuse the technical limitations an area creator has when building something, what most people call "twinking" is just players who know how to use all of their resources.

Small grouping things is exceptionally fun and I applaud the skill it takes to not brute force everything. That said, I wouldn't mind if mobs hunted smarter and sneak/hiding wasn't quite so foolproof.
Gagrag
Sojourner

Postby Gagrag » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:46 pm

a) an overpowered rogue is a smart rogue
b) an overpowered rogue has done the hardest quests in the game for their gear
c) an overpowered rogue has spent tons of time in tiamat amassing rare equipment
d) if you try to make it smarter, an overpowered rogue will adapt and become smarter

I agree with dug to the sense that it takes a lot to get a small core group together that know the game well and have done the same stuff many many times.

The rogue class has about the most skills in the game and someone who's practiced them up to max has done a lot of work. So ya gotta give em credit...

I don't see why it's a big deal that certain items get left behind... I'd be thankful of that. How many times have you seen someone take the pickles off of a cheeseburger and someone else in the group pick em up and put em on theirs? Would it be worse if everything got done and there'd be nothing left to plunder?

You could always make an overpowered rogue and suck less...maybe?

Just my .02
Teniv ASSOC:: 'loosing my gear because I screwed up doesn't bother me. Loosing my gear because someone is a fag bothers me'
Teba ASSOC:: 'damn make sure you dont loan eq to Nerox then'
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:17 pm

I understand the zone in question was small grouped - not some-unamed-rogue twinked.

And they probably didn't finish b/c of bad luck and time constraints.

You should have seen the last time some unnamed party 4-manned fire plane. that was fun. I think bow loaded, too.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:50 pm

If your refering to my rogue, feel free to name me... i dont mind.

If your refering to clouds, then say so. We had bout an hour before we did guild only CHP so we were warming up, we ran out of time and bailed so we could start ChP on time. It wasnt 1 rogue that did it, we had tank, rogue, chanter, cleric, ranger i believe that we 5maned it with.

Do you ever get tired of just whining and crying Thil?
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:09 pm

Locked preemptively. Please fill out a Trac ticket or email toril.areas@gmail.com if you have a concern about a specific zone.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”