SGCD's

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Thilindel
Sojourner

SGCD's

Postby Thilindel » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:26 am

Were they downgraded from when they were introduced? They don't seem to proc as well, and the proc's fairly useless, due to the fact that ray/stum/fum, etc don't land easily.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Gormal
Sojourner

Re: SGCD's

Postby Gormal » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:53 am

Easy to get, swaps a hit for a dam, procs the same as a regular GCD as far as I can tell... etcheds are easy enough to get anyway.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:05 am

All these years later and I still think etched are just dead sexy, dunno why .. Also the Kirin horns .. I know Krolb's rogue used them .. just something about those two daggers .. nostalgia??

Sorry for the derail!
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:29 am

I was just lobbying for something since there's just like two weapons rogues use. Etched, and Khanji's. There's no real reason to use anything else. Hell, I just found the archive thread where people were in "dire" need for gcd. *sigh* no nostalgia when a khanji is absolutely overpowered. Shev should have just labeled it 'Shar's Stabby Thing' :P
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:21 am

I agree - rogues need more weaponry. I remember actually USING the plethora of weapons in my bag as a warrior - trolls? get the flamby out.. giants? get the giantbane out.. demons? get the skullcrusher out. That was much more enjoyable then the same weapon all the time.

Looks like a big opportunity for a quest or 5 for new weapons. Any takers?

Dugmaren

(and reasonably sure nobody tweaked SGCD)
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:44 pm

If anything from personal experience w/ a SGCD, it procs about the same rate as regular.
Only difference is that it has the additional blind proc that hits every so often. (the serrations cutting into the flesh above the mobs eye and blinding them proc)

I did put my SGCD in storage once I got a BC dagger though, as that is proc-a-licious.
Dugmaren GCC: 'My goal as an areas staff member is to introduce you all to the great zone I call "outside”

Shevarash GCC: 'Funny - sometimes we do stuff like that. Add in some neat thing like weight-dependant stun, and THEN DON'T TELL ANYONE FOR A DECADE.'
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:19 pm

Pretty sure original GCD has the blind proc too, its just really infrequent because its a crit proc with a really low chance of happening. I will say I've noticed SGCD proc less than GCD, but this is probably one of those 'dumb luck' scenarios. I haven't played with one in quite.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:30 pm

When sgcd's first were introduced, Maldryn, I think it was, had a pair. They proc'd a ton. I gsaid something about them proc'g a lot and he says 'ya think?'

That's not the case now. So 'twas reason I asked if they'd been hosed some. They'd be nicer if the success of their proc's would actually land (on big mobs)

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”