Dressing for more than fashion?

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Dressing for more than fashion?

Postby Thilindel » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:45 am

Was just thinking about physical skills, such as:

KICK
SHIELDPUNCH
HEADBUTT

And whatever else would fit in there. Then I remember Diablo 2, where Assassin's kick damage varied on worn. Shieldpunch should vary on weight and surface of shield. Headbutt definitely would depend on worn as well. Specially if mob's head clunks yours!
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
grundar
Sojourner

Re: Dressing for more than fashion?

Postby grundar » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:51 pm

wouldnt kill you to do a bit of research before posting.
areas file specifically says that any shields with the keyword spiked do extra damage.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:23 pm

Duh on that. I've had my pets using spiked shields for _how_ many years for a reason. . .Don't selectively post if the rest of the idea has merit, which it does. A shield's design, and weight should, just the same, have bearing on damage. You can use a tower shield as a spear - if you know mythology or have seen korea's police in action.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Lorendel Ebonmist
Sojourner

Postby Lorendel Ebonmist » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:46 pm

Shield weight does weigh in immensely, hence you see everyone using the heaviest few shields in the game. Rangers cant really even bash somewhat reliably without at least a 50 lb shield. Same applies for pets. But if you want a secondary "shield weapon" your better off rolling a class that gets dual wield.
[size=85]Projection makes perception. The world you see is what you give it, nothing more than that... it is a witness of your state of mind, the outside picture of an inward condition. As a man thinketh, so does he perceive. - Anonymous.
[Confuscious say Look and you shall see]
"Anyone can kill deities, cause plagues, or destroy organizations. It takes real skill to make them live on."
Varl[*]
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:14 pm

I was referring to ..think it's Diablo 2 - smite. Damage is relative per shield. Sure it's specific, but so is damage on each sword, dagger, etc in the game as it is. I would think headbutt would have damage pending on helmet worn, if any, its design, spiked, close faced, etc. Kick ALSO (although shev said it'd be removed for "2.0") would depend on metallic, leather, and so forth boots.
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:45 pm

I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them show the way.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”