Assassinate Invisible

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Assassinate Invisible

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:21 pm

Amirfas starts casting a spell.

< 484h/419H 117v/117V >
< P: std >
Amirfas completes his spell...
Amirfas utters the words, 'uizuguburuhl'.
You vanish.

< 483h/419H 117v/117V >
< P: std >
Amirfas leaves west.
You follow Amirfas west.

A Long Hallway
Exits: -E -W
*Amirfas (Grey Elf) stands here.
An orc guard is here patrolling the tunnels.

< 483h/419H 116v/117V >
< P: std > ass orc
With practiced ease and lightning reflexes, you plunge an enchanted khanjari dagger into an orc patrol guard's back. Shocked,
he slumps to the ground and shudders, before breathing no more.
an orc patrol guard is dead! R.I.P.
You receive your share of experience.
Your blood freezes as you hear the rattling death cry of an orc patrol guard.

Should assassinate break invisibility? It doesn't currently if you succeed.
Dugmaren GCC: 'My goal as an areas staff member is to introduce you all to the great zone I call "outside”

Shevarash GCC: 'Funny - sometimes we do stuff like that. Add in some neat thing like weight-dependant stun, and THEN DON'T TELL ANYONE FOR A DECADE.'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Re: Assassinate Invisible

Postby Thilindel » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:12 pm

There should be a chance of it, but a small one. Just look in Mexico for a great example. People get assassinated and it's quiet in the middle of the street. What matters is the acuity of the victim, if they were even able to struggle, or the notion that say your assassination was successful, but it took a second, after grappling, to fulfill any motion(s) needed to render a victim. Another, more detailed, would be the ambient sound(s), witnesses, proximity, etc. A chance, but not absolute.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:37 pm

assassinate is an attack. all attacks should break invisibility. tho i admit the tweak possibilities are intriguing.
Artmar
Sojourner

Postby Artmar » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:40 pm

Thilindel wrote:There should be a chance of it, but a small one. Just look in Mexico for a great example. People get assassinated and it's quiet in the middle of the street. What matters is the acuity of the victim, if they were even able to struggle, or the notion that say your assassination was successful, but it took a second, after grappling, to fulfill any motion(s) needed to render a victim. Another, more detailed, would be the ambient sound(s), witnesses, proximity, etc. A chance, but not absolute.

You seem to have missed the point. Invisibility (the common variation, anyway) is supposed to break upon any aggressive action - whether succesful or not. I'd say that assassinating someone is not a peaceful behaviour.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:17 am

I didn't miss the point. Assassination in general is all about stealth. Ninja's, snipers, etc. They do their work and are rarely noticed before the crowd even realizes the origin of the attack.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Artmar
Sojourner

Postby Artmar » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:29 am

Invisibility is not dependant on stealth. You can shout all you want, and it will remain on. You can cast spells, as long as they're not offensive, and it will remain on. Make a swing at someone, no matter how stealthy, and it's supposed to break. In this one case, it doesn't.
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:24 pm

I think that this should be top priority.

Everything else in the mud pales in comparison to the degree of twinkiness of this bug.

I mean, look at the pbase! If it wasn't for this bug, 300+ people would be playing!

It MUST be fixed!
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:26 pm

True dat! Right up there with the indignant trip

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”