Progress?

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:28 am

Progress?

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:26 pm

There hasn't been any sort of update for quite some time...could something be posted even if its not an update?

Just let us know whats going on...if nothing is happening at the moment tell us that. Being left in the dark here really sucks.

I'm beginning to wonder if 2.0 will ever happen, as I'm sure others are as well.
Aristan group-says 'nurpy=tripod'

Shevarash GCC: 'Tiamat stands here, fighting Nurpy.'
Pril
Sojourner
Posts: 1834
Joined: Sat May 11, 2002 5:01 am

Re: Progress?

Postby Pril » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:46 pm

Nurpy Fuzzyfeet wrote:There hasn't been any sort of update for quite some time...could something be posted even if its not an update?

Just let us know whats going on...if nothing is happening at the moment tell us that. Being left in the dark here really sucks.

I'm beginning to wonder if 2.0 will ever happen, as I'm sure others are as well.


Nurpy I posted for an update over am month ago same as you don't need progress just wanted to know what was up. Haven't heard anything. I've given up on 2.0 as most others have I believe. Hopefully Shev/Shar/Cyric will realize that he's killing this game not by not producing 2.0 but by not having the decency to log on the BBS and even treat us as their friends by saying "hey guys sorry we've been really busy and will be for the next x amount of months as well, please hang in there". Dugmaren, Eil, Annam Callanduran, and a few others have kept this place alive but when the forgers of the mud don't respect us enough to give us any sort of info it's disheartening at best.

Mike
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Thilindel
Sojourner
Posts: 3173
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:09 pm
Location: Indianapolis

Re: Progress?

Postby Thilindel » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:49 pm

ooh, even happy-go-lucky Pril is fed up - that speaks volumes. If the mud were Shev's child, I'm sure there's neglect given no update on the bbs in over a year. While by no means am I trying to be personal, Eilistraee and his very clear dedication, Callarduran (with his new zone, which is quite good), Dugmaren - who's always good! etc. . . anyway, Shev, please hand over the mud if you're just too busy and not going to even bother letting anybody know status :(

It sure would seem that Eilistraee's really Santa and the sled is the mud. Shev, Shar, and *chuckle* Cyric have been nowhere to be seen. Eilistraee's been leading for -how- long?
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:28 am

Re: Progress?

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:54 pm

Even if Shev did hand over the mud there would still be the problem of having no coder.
Aristan group-says 'nurpy=tripod'

Shevarash GCC: 'Tiamat stands here, fighting Nurpy.'
Pril
Sojourner
Posts: 1834
Joined: Sat May 11, 2002 5:01 am

Re: Progress?

Postby Pril » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:55 pm

Nurpy Fuzzyfeet wrote:Even if Shev did hand over the mud there would still be the problem of having no coder.


Eil can code well he just doesn't have the ability to do so when he doesn't have the reigns.
The best of WTF statments of '06

--------------------------------------------------------

Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'

Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'

Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:28 am

Re: Progress?

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:31 am

Pril wrote:
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet wrote:Even if Shev did hand over the mud there would still be the problem of having no coder.


Eil can code well he just doesn't have the ability to do so when he doesn't have the reigns.



Let me get this straight.....Eil has the ability to code and can finish and implement 2.0, but can't because Shev isn't letting him?

Are you serious?
Aristan group-says 'nurpy=tripod'

Shevarash GCC: 'Tiamat stands here, fighting Nurpy.'
Pril
Sojourner
Posts: 1834
Joined: Sat May 11, 2002 5:01 am

Re: Progress?

Postby Pril » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:41 am

Nurpy Fuzzyfeet wrote:
Pril wrote:
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet wrote:Even if Shev did hand over the mud there would still be the problem of having no coder.


Eil can code well he just doesn't have the ability to do so when he doesn't have the reigns.



Let me get this straight.....Eil has the ability to code and can finish and implement 2.0, but can't because Shev isn't letting him?

Are you serious?


Eil has the coding ability to code 2.0 if he had the urge, however since it's a) not his project b) not his game c) not his issue no one expects him to. Plus since he didn't START coding it he'd have to spend a bunch of time going through Shev's code to figure out what's already done and what's not. No one can expect that of him. Plus Eil doesn't have time at the moment because he's busy in real life, but he's let people know so no one is pressing him for anything.
The best of WTF statments of '06

--------------------------------------------------------

Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'

Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'

Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:28 am

Re: Progress?

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:58 am

I see. I hope something happens, I think I'd rather see the mud closed down than watch it die slowly.
Aristan group-says 'nurpy=tripod'

Shevarash GCC: 'Tiamat stands here, fighting Nurpy.'
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: Progress?

Postby Dugmaren » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:20 am

Work is spiraling out of control for me too (which is good) but means I haven't had much time to do anything myself. Fortunately there are 6 people actively working on zones / quests so there's lots of new content in the works. Anyone with ideas is more then welcome to contribute, send me an email or talk to some of the people in game who are building, Annam & Callarduran are 2 great people to start with while I'm away.

Dugmaren
Pril
Sojourner
Posts: 1834
Joined: Sat May 11, 2002 5:01 am

Re: Progress?

Postby Pril » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:40 am

Dugmaren wrote:Work is spiraling out of control for me too (which is good) but means I haven't had much time to do anything myself. Fortunately there are 6 people actively working on zones / quests so there's lots of new content in the works. Anyone with ideas is more then welcome to contribute, send me an email or talk to some of the people in game who are building, Annam & Callarduran are 2 great people to start with while I'm away.

Dugmaren



Glad to hear that life is getting busy for you, sucks for the game but good for you. Thanks for letting us know Duggy.
The best of WTF statments of '06

--------------------------------------------------------

Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'

Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'

Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
User avatar
Shevarash
FORGER CODER
Posts: 2944
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 6:01 am

Re: Progress?

Postby Shevarash » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:00 pm

Hi.

Not much progress has been made during the holiday season due to RL constraints, but we're still planning on releasing 2.0. For the record, while Eilistraee is a very capable coder it would be unreasonable to expect her to finish a project of this size by herself. It's a team effort composed of several contributors, and we're still working on it. I don't have a time line for you now, but I'll work on figuring out and sharing a plan in the very near future.

Thanks again for your patience.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Thilindel
Sojourner
Posts: 3173
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:09 pm
Location: Indianapolis

Re: Progress?

Postby Thilindel » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:53 pm

Hey, Shev - Just in general is there a band-aid for the ones who would play melee casters? I know Gormal's been having fun being hasted..as Kaln for a long time. Demanding more like it. Definitely adds spice to not be a worthless utility 24/7
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
User avatar
Shevarash
FORGER CODER
Posts: 2944
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 6:01 am

Re: Progress?

Postby Shevarash » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:04 pm

I don't really know what the band-aid would be as I don't know what the problem is. Maybe a new thread with some background info?
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests