2h weapons

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Thilindel
Sojourner

2h weapons

Postby Thilindel » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:55 pm

Some are too heavy for small races to use. Given that, I'd like to see if it could be considered that either A) ogres dual wield 2h because if some are too large for smaller races, it would only make sense that a huge race like ogre can toss 2h (for humans) around easily, dual wielded..or B) remove the 'too heavy' for halfling, gnome, grey elf, etc.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Alane
Sojourner

Re: 2h weapons

Postby Alane » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:16 pm

Hrm, I personally don't agree with the suggested approach to this.

On ogres dual wielding 2h weapons, Ogres might be bigger than humans, but it's not like they're giants. Ogres aren't known for their keen wit or gracefulness either. I guess I'm picturing this huge handed being holding a claymore like a toothpick.

As far as a gnome or halfling wielding a weapon that's 3x their size or half of their body weight, I think the game is relatively correct. The physics just wouldn't be right.

I personally don't think the "all or nothing" approach is right for the question. IF it were to even be considered, maybe using !race flags to say "This is a good sized 2hander for a gnome, but would definitely be too small for an ogre. So we'll make it !Ogre !Troll !Barbarian."... vice versa for larger weapons.
Teniv ASSOC:: 'loosing my gear because I screwed up doesn't bother me. Loosing my gear because someone is a fag bothers me'
Teba ASSOC:: 'damn make sure you dont loan eq to Nerox then'

-Triterium-
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:21 pm

sigh, poor garden gnome midget races! :P

On the other hand, it's unimaginable that a halfling or gnome can actually use a shield that weighs as much as they do. It's like a freaking tower shield for them!
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Alane
Sojourner

Postby Alane » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:55 pm

right, that's why I wonder why there aren't more things that are race restricted rather than evil vs good restricted...

barbs, dwarves and elves all have their "niche" eq based around the rp feel of the races. but there's very little gnome/halfling only, nor do you see many drow/troll/ogre only items.

only thing I've got that's drow only is a lightweight off hander that looks cool on a drow.

I think it's kinda cool getting into your race... brings out competition and comraderie.

That's just my thought :)
Teniv ASSOC:: 'loosing my gear because I screwed up doesn't bother me. Loosing my gear because someone is a fag bothers me'
Teba ASSOC:: 'damn make sure you dont loan eq to Nerox then'

-Triterium-
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:41 am

Magic equipment should resize itself for its wearer, like in Dungeons and Dragons. You can consider this mostly true in Toril otherwise, how would the ogres and gnomes be wearing the same shoes?
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:41 pm

They are awfully hard shoes to fill!
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:56 am

Ogres need some luvin'.

Give em third attack when wielding 2h, and add an ogre-only random extra damage effect on successful headbutt, shieldpunch and/or kick.
BEER
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:48 pm

The two suckballs races in the game as I see them are Ogre and Halfling.

Halfling has a USELESS skill now that someone found it necessary to downgrade hamstring, thinking it would have something to do with bash. Who hasn't been tripped by small kids, especially at wal-mart or at the mall?

Ogres are turds. They're worse than rogues, given no khanji. And they have bull's eye painted on their armor.
fobble
Sojourner

Postby fobble » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:18 pm

Thilindel wrote:The two suckballs races in the game as I see them are Ogre and Halfling.

Halfling has a USELESS skill now that someone found it necessary to downgrade hamstring, thinking it would have something to do with bash. Who hasn't been tripped by small kids, especially at wal-mart or at the mall?

Ogres are turds. They're worse than rogues, given no khanji. And they have bull's eye painted on their armor.

Illithid is down there as one of the worst races simply because the only class available to them is wack.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”