New spell ideas

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
fobble
Sojourner

New spell ideas

Postby fobble » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:40 am

Necro/Lich and Ele all have one common problem which is we suck at fighting (not necessarily damaging) non-pc summoned/created pet wraithform. (not talking about togged ele pets or togged necro pets)

So how about 10th level spell that does the following.

"WRAITHFORM TO SOLIDFORM"
"SOLIDFORM TO WRAITHORM"
Spell.

Area of effect: Target
Aggressive: Yes
Cumulative: N/A
Duration: X rounds
Class/Circle: Elementalist 10th
Type of spell: Elemental
Save: Yes

Wraithform to solidform is a powerful offensive spell to convert wraithform non-undead/alive beings to solidform non-undead/alive beings. Which makes them loose advantages and disadvantages of wraithform while gaining advantages and disadvantages of solidform. Vice versa for reverse spell

"CORPORALFORM TO FLESHFORM"
"FLESHFORM TO CORPORALFORM"
Spell.

Area of effect: Target
Aggressive: Yes
Cumulative: N/A
Duration: X rounds
Class/Circle: Necromancer 10th
Type of spell: Necromancy
Save: Yes

Corporalform to fleshform is a powerful spell to convert wraithform of undead/alive beings to fleshform of undead/alive beings. Which makes them loose advantages and disadvantages of wraithform while gaining advantages and disadvantages of solidform. Vice versa for reverse spell.

The idea of the spell is to force turn a form into another form. I think this spell would make it creative in lot of fights while not being overly powerful. Scenario would be something like umm...

Malice is killed in physical form and turns into wraithform. If Corporalform to Fleshform lands, it turns Malice back into fleshform. It'd still breath and all except it now in fleshform, its a lot more susceptible or physical damage and can be bashed.

As for ele's versino of spell, it'd allow air/fire elemental as well as other non-living/undead being wraithform into solid form. If spell lands, air elemental's form become solid so its more susceptible to physical damage. Or maybe a flesh-golem is bashing the heck out of people and you want it to stop bashing because you have more magical damage than physical.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Re: New spell ideas

Postby Thilindel » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:28 am

I'm intrigued with the notion that elementalists DO convert PC's to semi-wraithform in air/fire embodiment. This idea does have merit imho.

For necro/lich, I'm not sure. It does seem lame as hell that a lich is pretty much crap against golem/wraithform elementals. Given that a lich should rip the shit out of pretty much anything, it's a letdown that things are as they are vs. said enemies.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:04 am

I'm simply gonna stay out of this suffice to say that I think this is unnecessary and has broad balance problems with respect to melee vs magical damage.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:49 pm

Last edited by kwirl on Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:52 pm

Your persecution complex is in full swing I see.

Woe is kwirl.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:17 pm

I don't agree that Liches has to have powerful magic against undeads.

Most of the lich power comes from negative force. The same force that usually heal undeads.

I think some kind of "planebind" spell could sound like a good spell for the elementalist. Considering they are a transmuter. I don't think it should be 10th circle though, but lower, and hard to land.

That way elementalist could do runs with the spell when they solo wraithform.

I don't see where there should be a spell other than air emb, fire emb to make a player wraithform.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:35 am

I think all debuffs in this game should be taken a look at. They're pretty much a waste of time since casting damage is much more efficient.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 am

What Brian means is debuffs from damage classes are basically a waste of time (excluding rogues).
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:03 pm

"Dead" is the best status effect you can inflict on a foe.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”