Shadow Flux

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Shadow Flux

Postby Thilindel » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:08 am

after petitioning about the frequency of shadow flux NOT working on high MR mobs, two gods told me to post here, so here goes.

What good is a spell that was cast 13 times on a dragon, each failing (which is pretty typical that it doesn't land on high mr mobs). I was told that it was supposedly as easy to land as soul bind, which is definitely not the case currently.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Re: Shadow Flux

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:06 am

Hex makes the world easier, and from my experience seems to land pretty decently even on high MR mobs
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:55 am

not positive, but it seems to land as well as curse. I've not shaman'd much at all lately to remember. But for flux, given it's around 40% reduction, after extensive testing..

So that 40% is way more important than the -saves for spells, since mobs with high mr won't even be hit by the spells. Quite odd!

Shadow flux opens the door of rape from invokers, etc. Most new zones have innate mr even on the silliest of mobs.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:24 am

Can't say I've ever been particularly displeased with the landing rate of flux. Every now and then it gets a bit insane and just won't land, but that just seems to be bad luck and happens with any spell. I notice those freak fail rates with feeb, ray, wither, etc. Sometimes it lands easy, sometimes it just refuses. At times I wish it was in a more convenient circle like 5th but whatever, its never been enough of a bother to complain. Not like illusionists are overly taxed in zoning situations as it is!
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:47 am

That's true, but by the time it can land (especially on demons), the mob's already dead. It fails a ton on high mr mobs. So what's the point of the spell when it does this? Five lvl 7's and they fail so much on demons and such. mem'g out is mob's dead in some other fashion. Maybe if tendrils proc'd it instead.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:11 am

Well if the mob is already dead by the time it lands, what exactly is the problem? I'd leave tendrils alone, the procs it has now are way more useful than a random flux proc would be. Sorry man, just don't see any reason to mess with something that as far as I can tell works just dandy in the situations I find warrant it. That said MR is overused these days in zones on mobs that really shouldn't have MR.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'

// Post Count +1
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:37 am

I agree that "debuff" based spells should be more useful. By which I mean they should actually be useful enough that they're used. That said, I don't have time to do anything about it.

Dugmaren 'useless to you' Brightmantle
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:09 am

in general, the debuff spells are a pita. ray, stumble, fumble etc. But yeah, lowering a mob's mr in D&D, iirc, always works.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:49 pm

If you aren't contributing to my level of intoxication or my semen donation project to the World Uterus Coalition, then you're useless to me Chris.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”