leveling is a pita

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Dalar
Sojourner

leveling is a pita

Postby Dalar » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:43 am

Can we get the exp cap increased and the exp modifier for group split exp changed to encourage grouping?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Re: leveling is a pita

Postby Thilindel » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:50 am

Isn't it Diablo II that started the notion that grouping yields same xp as if you'd solo'd? That was one of the best ideas ever. Iirc, the larger the group, the more xp you gain. Totally promoted grouping.

Killing repeatedly doesn't bring out learning how to play in xp zones. Repeated ZONING is what teaches players. Xp'g mobs aren't anything compared to zone mobs. Just look how stupidly high and hard a single faerie is in Seelie to kill...

Make xp'g easier so zoning's faster, thus learning faster - I so wish they'd have seen that all these years.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:04 pm

Hummus goes well on pita.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:27 pm

I wouldn't mind a gyro right now either.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:00 am

Babaganouche!
Dugmaren GCC: 'My goal as an areas staff member is to introduce you all to the great zone I call "outside”

Shevarash GCC: 'Funny - sometimes we do stuff like that. Add in some neat thing like weight-dependant stun, and THEN DON'T TELL ANYONE FOR A DECADE.'
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:10 pm

htfu
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:17 am

ssar wrote:htfu

Exp penalties discourage grouping in this game. In other games such as WoW or PK muds, grouping is highly encouraged because of the risks. In a PvE mud like this, there is no point in grouping for exp past after you get a healer/stoner/damage. Even if you can kill faster, you have to make sure you have enough to kill by the time it repops.

I don't see why changing the experience system a little to encourage grouping is bad. Also, htfu is a poor response for issues that have probably bored people from playing this game. Why would you want to make a "hardcore" game when there's so many better MMOs out there, my favorite being IRL.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:42 am

Change xp a little, hell..change it a lot.

Little fun fact of xp'g and just an example of xp lost during a res - on average, if you take the lost xp alone from a lvl 50 res:

Successful res, that being about 4% xp loss, is enough to make a lvl 1 char go to lvl 17.
A failed res (again lvl 50) is enough lost xp to go from level 1 to almost level 25.

Took some time to figure that out, but it's right, and conclusive.

Why can't anybody ever justify why this mud is so old school and inhibits grouping for xp by its nature? I'm tired too, so enjoy my disorganization!
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”