Alignment quest

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Dalar
Sojourner

Alignment quest

Postby Dalar » Fri May 01, 2009 11:37 pm

WRU
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Re: Alignment quest

Postby Shevarash » Mon May 04, 2009 4:00 pm

My fault - it's done but I'm holding up the move. I'm coordinating with Calla to get this in as soon as possible. Sorry for the delay.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon May 04, 2009 4:30 pm

Shev, Donny Trump called: You're FIRED!
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon May 04, 2009 5:23 pm

I appreciate your efforts Shevarash. I just wish you would hire another coder to lessen the blow that Eilistraee's retirement has caused.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
grundar
Sojourner

Postby grundar » Mon May 04, 2009 6:47 pm

can we get mobs to cast 'holy neutral word of unholiness batman' along with this quest?
Last edited by grundar on Mon May 04, 2009 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon May 04, 2009 8:12 pm

Heh, yea I'm pretty much going to quest all my chars that were forced to be good aligned.

Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Fri May 08, 2009 12:46 am

AWESOME, hopefully it will be in by the time i get back on, supposed to be this coming wednesday when we get internet, logged in at the local library right now and the bastages dont have telnet enabled on their machines... cant wait to get back on and see ya guys, will be nice to have something to do besides play on my ps2 and watch a buncha idiots trouncing around the part across the street.

on a side note, expect me back with a vengance, and a thirst for blood!! mobs beware my awesomeness
[Dru 50] Inames (Grey Elf)
[Rog 50] Ishiras (Grey Elf)
[Enc 50] Aremat (Grey Elf)
[War 50] Amori (Grey Elf)
[Ran 50] Aninen (Grey Elf)
[Ele 50] Itanul (Grey Elf)
[Inv 50] Aleadis (Grey Elf)
[Bar 50] Ashire (Grey Elf)
[Cle 50] Isila (Grey Elf)
My Deviant Art Page
alendar
Sojourner

Postby alendar » Fri May 08, 2009 3:17 am

Inames wrote:AWESOME, hopefully it will be in by the time i get back on, supposed to be this coming wednesday when we get internet, logged in at the local library right now and the bastages dont have telnet enabled on their machines... cant wait to get back on and see ya guys, will be nice to have something to do besides play on my ps2 and watch a buncha idiots trouncing around the part across the street.

on a side note, expect me back with a vengance, and a thirst for blood!! mobs beware my awesomeness

god i hope none of the above mobs load with Clearasil or a detention slip, as both will be downfalls of your awesomeness
Alendar -= The Black Ash of the Phoenix =-
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=244
Hador group-says 'Inames I think you are the only person on the mud who shouldn't talk about Cofen sucking'
razax
Sojourner

Postby razax » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:18 am

Finished the quest today. Not quite what I was expecting. Went from Lawful Evil to Neutral Evil. In the quest there is the implication that you have some choice in terms of what you want to end up with but the quest doesn't follow those lines when you have to submit items to the quest mob. I was expecting to quest a specific alignment not just a shift in alignment. I must have misunderstood the intention of the quest. I was hoping to move from lawful evil to lawful good.

-zolo/erew/zuhu
Callarduran
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Callarduran » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:41 pm

There are 4 quests, each shifts you in one direction. From what you're saying, you quested Chaos, so went from LE to NE.
--There needs to be a word for the irrational desire to reason with the delusional.

Oghma OOC: 'Please use me.'
Eshacin
Sojourner

Postby Eshacin » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:25 pm

Callarduran wrote:There are 4 quests

Is there any info as to where these quests are/start?

Quests on this mud are so obscure - much more of a pain than xping.
Oghma
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Oghma » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:10 pm

All four have been found/quested. This tells me they're not that hard to find.
Oghma The Lord of Knowledge, God of Bards
[ Administrator ] of TorilMUD
razax
Sojourner

Postby razax » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:02 am

So all alignments are questable then, not only the law vs chaos ones but the good vs evil ones ? The quest I did was nicely layed out, thanks for the effort put into it.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:50 am

The idea behind the quests is to SHIFT your alignment. So if you are currently Lawful Good and want to become Lawful Evil, you have to do the quest to be more evil twice. The first time you'll be become Lawful Neutral, the 2nd time you'll be Lawful Evil. Etc. So the four quests are there to help you become more good, or evil; more lawful, or chaotic.
razax
Sojourner

Postby razax » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:11 am

Be aware that there are several mobs dealing with the alignment quests. Some move the law vs chaos components of alignment and the others the good vs evil component. The mob I dealt with only gave me an indication of what he was for half way through the quest. So read carefully before completing the quest.
Eshacin
Sojourner

Postby Eshacin » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:47 am

Oghma wrote:All four have been found/quested. This tells me they're not that hard to find.

It tells me that someone was told where to look and has passed the info on. I have no desire to run around the mud, asking every mob in sight about quests on the off chance that they may be the start of one, it may be relevant to me and it may not be broken.

Welcome to Toril, the game of secrecy. And you guys wonder why the player base is so low.
Callarduran
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Callarduran » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:01 am

Nobody was told, all mobs are in blatant plain sight, all are similar enough that if you find one, you'll recognize all the others. It's really not that hard. The quests are designed so that a 20th level character can do them.

If it were something that required a hint, one would be given.
--There needs to be a word for the irrational desire to reason with the delusional.

Oghma OOC: 'Please use me.'
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:09 am

I found 3 of the 4 mobs Eshacin without anyone telling me. This isn't a conspiracy.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:35 am

Eshacin wrote:
Oghma wrote:All four have been found/quested. This tells me they're not that hard to find.

It tells me that someone was told where to look and has passed the info on. I have no desire to run around the mud, asking every mob in sight about quests on the off chance that they may be the start of one, it may be relevant to me and it may not be broken.

Welcome to Toril, the game of secrecy. And you guys wonder why the player base is so low.

lol Welcome to your version of Toril where everything is handed to you.

Eshacin
Sojourner

Postby Eshacin » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:46 am

Dalar wrote: everything

A hint, or even a pointer to a hint, was all I was asking for. Instead I got Godly unhelpfulness and a bunch of misunderstanding from you. Par for the course I guess.
Clan Blindhammer
Sojourner

Postby Clan Blindhammer » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:47 am

Considering Adriorn figured out 3/4 of it with no help, sounds like you're putting more into bitching than trying yourself...

And I only say that because AD's about as thick as an Ogre on a good day...

:P
King Artikerus Blindhammer
---------------
Kiaransalee responds to your petition with 'I have no opinion, keeps me out of trouble.'
Malar responds to your petition with 'you die more than a morigroup'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'please go away :P'
Rillifane responds to your petition with 'be the nance.... you are the nance... you are one with the nance...'
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:49 pm

Clan Blindhammer wrote:And I only say that because AD's about as thick as an Ogre on a good day...

Damnit...he's right...
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:17 pm

Actually, you asked is there any info on where it started. The gods told you that it was already done, which means yes. Looks like they were pretty helpful to me.

Then, you complained they had god leaks. Then I laughed at you b/c you assumed they were god leaked when I ran past one of the mobs on the way from Faang to VT. Pretty sure I understood everything here.

Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:29 pm

Yes, I believe you did, brian!
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”