Shield Punch - The Thread

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Botef
Sojourner

Shield Punch - The Thread

Postby Botef » Fri May 22, 2009 9:04 pm

This thread is for posting instances/logs/other bugs pertaining to Shield Punch

Off the top of my head:

- Mobs can shield punch you endlessly with no chance to do anything

- Shield punch can go through mirror images, but has no message to confirm or deny you were spunched.
i.e. all you see is "Your mirror image shatters", but your lagged for several rounds with no confirmation of
being spunched, or a confirmation that you are no longer stunned from it.

- Other instances of NO spunch message but several rounds of lag - NoShow shields maybe?

Easy Fix: If player is already stunned from spunch, mob cannot spunch player - just like bash/trip/etc.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Thilindel
Sojourner

Re: Shield Punch - The Thread

Postby Thilindel » Fri May 22, 2009 10:07 pm

Sadly, every one of those you've listed I've quoted and posted before. Without being hateful, Shev should try to fix things like this rather than either being (what truly seems MIA) gone or having someone add things, like Calla's align quest - only for Shev to not freaking put it in. Shev is looking pretty bad lately from the mort's viewpoint *shrug*

Being solo against a mob that's shieldpunched you, even if you have a pet, is _usually_ a death sentence. It's infinitely worse than being bashed. At least you can stand and f'g flee. SP stuns overlap and mob skills generally don't fail, even when lvl 30.

Trip is nearly as bad if you are a caster. You cannot cast against a trip-a-palooza. Even pwb gets tripped when you try to stand to cast. Admin used to say 'oh well you're not a single mob facing 15 players.' Well, we ARE a single or group of players facing a mob that can do what we can't. . that being nearly !fail skills.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Fri May 22, 2009 10:28 pm

Spunch is cheap but I don't die to it often 1 on 1. Toss another spuncher in and it gets ugly but I can manage that. What bothers me most is the lack of combat messages for it, the inconsistent lag from it, and when it stuns the player after popping a mirror image. The perpetual spunch should probably be addressed as well but I don't encounter it as much as some of you.

I'd much rather see any code effort directed towards implementing the code a handful of Area writers have been patiently waiting on for months now. Its amazing how revitalizing a new zone can be to the pbase, so it boggles the mind to think that finished works sit on test mud for as long as they do.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'

// Post Count +1
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat May 23, 2009 2:56 am

a good suicide is to try the faerie knight east of Anna's 1 on 1. It's clear that spunch is utterly broken, and there have been posts on it for 2+ years. The messages about mirrors eating it and still getting the effect of stun just sucks ass, too.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”