Healing items like Khanjari

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Kindi
Sojourner
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:42 am

Healing items like Khanjari

Postby Kindi » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:48 pm

It heals too much. I suggest reducing the amount of health gained, or make it so the player doesn't retain the health after the proc wears off.
Last edited by Kindi on Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malia
Sojourner
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:04 pm
Location: Eastern Washington State
Contact:

Re: Khanjari

Postby Malia » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:57 pm

just a question before you start complaing bout an item

1) have you done the Khanjari quest start to finish?

2) have you leveled a rogue and experimented with the khanjari to see for yourself?

Just currious before i start commenting
Zukal
Sojourner
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:01 am

Re: Khanjari

Postby Zukal » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:23 pm

Going to make same reply as I did on other thread.

Jari doesn't make the rogue. Gear in general doesn't make people good. I won't deny that it helps but I could twink the same stuff without it, just using an ele as support the same way I do now. If it's a healing intensive twink I don't rely on Jari to stay alive, I bring a healer or my ele will be removing fembo a lot. Making the jari more of a phantom heal, would be a terrible idea. I don't want to die from a jari drain since it's duration is too short to get a real heal sometimes.
grundar
Sojourner
Posts: 209
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:03 am
Location: vt inn
Contact:

Re: Khanjari

Postby grundar » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:23 pm

does anyone else find it funny when clerics complain about not having to heal another member of the group as often?
i know i do.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:14 pm
Location: grande prairie alberta canada

Re: Khanjari

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:50 pm

can still kill a dragon without a jari.....its a pita but its doable.

perhaps the healing could be leached faster, making it phantom heal is kinda retarded for the amount of work and hunting you need to do to get the damn thing. Countless trips to musp, !rent items, racing against others trying to find the at boot rares. its not an easy quest.

IF and only IF the healing is an issue (which i think its not) i think the way to go would be to leach it a little faster, but i dont know if thats codable or would cause issues with how vit is leached, but IF there is a need to fix the healing, that would be my suggestion.
Zukal
Sojourner
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:01 am

Re: Khanjari

Postby Zukal » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:10 am

Kindi,

Can I get a reason as to why Jari heals too much? I don't really see that, it just says, Jari heals too much make it lower... but no explanation. On the other thread you said that Jari negated need for healer, based on what? Are you referring specifically to in zone? In twinking? Both?
Kindi
Sojourner
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Khanjari

Postby Kindi » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:22 pm

It's a subjective balance judgment based on observations as a healer and when leveling my rogue with borrowed khanjari. I didn't need to stop or get spells from levels 1-40 thanks to those daggers healing, and even 40+ I just needed the occasional top off after maybe 10 mobs. Leveling warrior, cleric, and ranger was significantly harder due to that simple fact. Ranger: go in, fight for one mob, cure critic, cure critic, cure critic, pray for 2 minutes... rogue: go in, fight, kill, fight, kill, fight, kill, fight, kill, etc. x10, rest for 2 minutes where a druid might see you. Warrior and cleric: find a group. Pretty much all you can do if you don't have tia-level gear for it. That, and the way I've seen rogues never stop killing mobs higher level than them simply because they don't need any healing (randar xp with a stoner, etc). Elementalist was also easy because I never needed healing, I had infinite disposable tanks.

Healing is the most annoying mechanism the mud has due to how slow normal regen is and the lack of any generalized method beyond expensive potions and the khanjari goes a long way toward relieving it in many circumstances. If I had a choice, I'd want them to fix healing all-around with some kind of complete overhaul, but you guys keep joking about 2.0 so I didn't want to mention it.
Zukal
Sojourner
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:01 am

Re: Khanjari

Postby Zukal » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:31 pm

About Randar's exp. Blind makes a huge difference so we use blind poisons like crazy when doing that. With an ele I can go non-stop, but with a chanter I quaff life pots like water in order to keep going. Also, tia gear makes a huge difference, it's High AC which makes you hard to hit and has cool procs like blur and displace. It's fine though, Randar's mobs have enough money to make up for it, and if they don't I can get money from killing orcs in CM. But it's not exactly free and easy because of a Jari. Also, in zones rogues will take less damage in general because of high skill cap on dodge and evasion, so the healing we get from bards/shamans is generally enough to offset the damage we take in zones. Having low hps can be a downfall though, so if I'm fighting multiple dragons I'll usually swap to signets for the hp sv_breath boost.
Malia
Sojourner
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:04 pm
Location: Eastern Washington State
Contact:

Re: Khanjari

Postby Malia » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:51 pm

another thing... your comparing high end rogue gear on low lvls 1-40 and saying it was too easy.

low lvl warrior with high end gear doesnt need heals either, Valhalla heals then fine and if your in maxagil gear with -100 ac your not gonna get hit enough to need anykind of heal. I think Valhalla needs lvl 20 to start healing.

Ranger with same deal Valhalla or muspel quest sword that can heal, and in maxagil -100ac your not gonna be doing cure crit after every fight.

put any set of high end gear on a class and it makes it alot easier.
Kindi
Sojourner
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Khanjari

Postby Kindi » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:06 pm

Malia wrote:put any set of high end gear on a class and it makes it alot easier.

Yes, but the items you picked as 'high end gear' were primarily other healing items, again pointing to the fact that healing itself is broken since healing items are so frickin' awesome. I'm asking "too awesome?" and I feel like you're saying "n00b!" and "other items do it too!" and "it's not the item it's the skill!" rather than "it's just awesome enough for the difficulty," which is the only answer that makes sense, if true. And since that's a subjective balance judgment, the end result is whatever the staff decides. I wanted to make sure they were aware of the situation and maybe get some fresh eyes (new coders) on the matter. Since it's been this way a really long time, I'm assuming they're ok with it and nothing will change.
Naled
Sojourner
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:32 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Khanjari

Postby Naled » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:10 pm

What you're saying Kindi might have been true like 5 years ago. But nowadays almost every class has high end gear that allows you to do more stuff solo or small group. Apart from valhalla there are several healing weapons for tanks and rangers, or weapons that proc blur or other defense spells. There are things you can do with that, you can't do as easily with a rogue. Mages and clerics have all kinds of procs now too, allowing them to do much more than without. If a khanjari is overpowered, then so is a valhalla, vamp axe, bloodstone swords, and so on. Removing all that would return most content to full group only again, and that would be a very bad thing for this game with the current population as small as it is.
Malia
Sojourner
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:04 pm
Location: Eastern Washington State
Contact:

Re: Khanjari

Postby Malia » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:20 pm

then why title this thread 'khanjari' when you just said that its bout healing problem?

and no i dont think the healing is out of balance.
Malia
Sojourner
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:04 pm
Location: Eastern Washington State
Contact:

Re: Khanjari

Postby Malia » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:27 pm

Malia wrote:just a question before you start complaing bout an item

1) have you done the Khanjari quest start to finish?

2) have you leveled a rogue and experimented with the khanjari to see for yourself?

Just currious before i start commenting



Never did get that answer btw... Are you commenting and making suggestions on an item that you have never quested and never experimted with a lvl 50 rogue?
Kindi
Sojourner
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Khanjari

Postby Kindi » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:31 pm

"n00b!" is not an argument, it's a character attack.
Malia
Sojourner
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:04 pm
Location: Eastern Washington State
Contact:

Re: Khanjari

Postby Malia » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:49 pm

im not commenting on you being a noob...

You commented on steaks without doing them, your commenting on khanjari without doing it too... so your basicly complaining bout something you dont fully understand.

Read a book before complaining about that book please.
Kindi
Sojourner
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Khanjari

Postby Kindi » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:56 pm

I think I understand well enough to offer the opinion that I have. You certainly don't seem to be trying to change my mind with factual evidence. I much prefer Zukal and Naled's points, which I think are good, and point toward keeping the way it is, though I still think healing is broken, particularly with items that heal non-healers, such as khanjari and valhalla. And I changed the title of the thread for you.
Malia
Sojourner
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:04 pm
Location: Eastern Washington State
Contact:

Re: Healing items like Khanjari

Postby Malia » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:00 pm

im not gonna sit here and argue with someone who wont even bother to do the quest or play the class thats affected at a high lvl.

I cant debate a book with you that you refuse to read.

How do you expect me do fully debate the Khanjari with you if you wont do the quest or play a high lvl zoning rogue that has em. Your info is all second hand or what 'apears to be' while your clericing.
Last edited by Malia on Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inames
Sojourner
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:27 am

Re: Khanjari

Postby Inames » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:01 pm

First, i dont see where anyone brought up your noob! reference, thus i dont see why you explained it...

second, i think your off base with your accusations of the utility effects of the khanjari, the khanjari procs are generally slow and unreliable on anything but efhr's, they are a nice reprise and make it so you dont have to sleep for 5 minutes in between fights, maybe dropping it to 3 min (exagerations ftw).. in group mechanics the jari provides an occasional hp boost which increases a rogues otherwise minimal survivability, their standard low hp's make it hard for them to stay alive in caster/dragon fights, the VERY short duration of the 50-150 hp vit (at level 50) makes it less game-breaking than you think. as for the proc not taking away the hp afterwards or procing too frequently making your heals useless on rogues is another unfounded accusation.. you may have to heal less, but it doesnt take away the cleric's work in a group, they still have to heal tanks, and casters, themselves, rangers, etc.. but even as they retain the hp after proc, it also naturally fades away very quickly... the higher your hp is above its cap, the faster it drops, as you see with vit's as well..

Summary:
Temp Vit durration + quick degeneration back to normal hp cap = very minimal effectiveness in healing, unless your hit with a 300 hp damage spell or something right after, you basically get a 50hp reprieve from it, as thats all that youll really benefit after the degeneration rate...
Zukal
Sojourner
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:01 am

Re: Healing items like Khanjari

Postby Zukal » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:10 pm

I have to agree that you can't fully understand the dynamics unless you've done the quest and have used the dagger. I used to be a huge proponent for a Jari downgrade, but the fact of the matter is that I didn't understand how it worked. Things that don't hit me often, IE things that are low level and blindable, or with a generally low hitroll I can do with the jari as healing, but anything in a zone or anything major I'm going to need support healing. Like I said earlier, you may think that rogues never need healing in zones but that's for a couple reasons 1, we have low hps to begin with. 2, the healing we get from bard song and shaman is generally enough because 3. we have evasion and dodge which prevent us from taking serious amounts of damage. That's just a dynamic of the rogue class. As far as even considering downgrading valhalla.... no.
Kindi
Sojourner
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Healing items like Khanjari

Postby Kindi » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:23 pm

I'm not talking on/off, yes/no, all/none, I'm talking how much, and is that too much. Phrases like "never need healing in zones" are obviously wrong (straw man, not what I said) and negated by 'yes it helps a lot for this type of fight,' and comments about it being unreliable and slow "on anything but EFHRs" really does point out that it's faster and more reliable for EFHRs. So you're both admitting that it's reliable and useful for certain fights. I'm pointing out that I think it might go too far in that direction, and you're saying it doesn't. That's subjective, and we all have different observations. I'm waiting for the staff to weigh in.
Inames
Sojourner
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:27 am

Re: Healing items like Khanjari

Postby Inames » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:36 pm

I dont think we have yet to see a real explanation of why you think theres something wrong with it...

No one has denied the fact that khanjari is useful for some things.. but in that aspect, even a minor created weapon is useful to a warrior for parrying versus not having one... All I hear out of your comments is pissing and moaning about how people who have experience with the items are telling you that you need to match their experience before shooting them down, or even attempting to tell us that an item that has been in game for a long time without any game-breaking consequence needs to change.
Kindi
Sojourner
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Healing items like Khanjari

Postby Kindi » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:12 pm

Inames wrote:I dont think we have yet to see a real explanation of why you think theres something wrong with it...

I guess I'll repeat it then: It heals, quite often for EFHRs, and for up to hundreds of HP. Everyone agrees that this is what the weapon does, and that it's very useful, so we're not really disagreeing about what the weapon does, we're disagreeing about the scale of its usefulness and whether the khanjari has too much or not. I hope you'd agree that khanjari is more useful than a minor created dagger. It's not the fact that it's "useful," it's that it's "more useful than almost anything else you could have, particularly because of the healing." Judge the scale.
Zukal
Sojourner
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:01 am

Re: Healing items like Khanjari

Postby Zukal » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:26 pm

Yes, it's the most useful dagger. There is another dagger that procs vamp, it's not bad. But what's wrong with it being the most useful dagger? What's wrong with best in slot? We have best in slot shields, that are more useful because they occasionally proc blind/ray, there are best in slot circlets that bring back all your spells. Best in slot is best in slot it will be better than everything else, but that in and of itself is not a bad thing. Khanjari has a vit-like proc, it generates 75-150 hps, that is not "hundreds" of hps.

What I'm hearing from you is "This is a lot of healing, too much" and my question is "Why?" Where is this so much healing that it is game breaking. In exp? Where 99% of the time the rogue goes out with a stoner and plenty of life pots to keep themselves going? I don't see in any situation where this is too much healing. In zone? While 150 hps on a 450 hp rogue is a nice little boost, it's not going to make a big difference if a pair of giants decide to smash you, it's not the hps that save it's the spells, if I have blur/stone/fembo I can sit in front of something for a minute, if I don't I don't care how much healing I'm getting from my dagger I can't. This isn't even close to the best healing item, Valhalla heals far better and far more consistantly, unholy heals much better and more consistantly.
Malia
Sojourner
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:04 pm
Location: Eastern Washington State
Contact:

Re: Healing items like Khanjari

Postby Malia » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:37 pm

again she hasnt quested or used it in zones she wouldnt know any of this...

shes spewing from 2nd hand knowledge and hearsay

450 + 150 hp proc puts rogue at 600hp... thats average and doesnt last that long yes it lasts after proc but 1 hit or 1 area or 1 spell and a heal doesnt fix you your back down to 450 period. You run around as cleric 1100-1200hp in dragon fights and warrior and you flee out half the time before rest of group does.

if I have 450hp, and were zoning and we got a bard and shaman which we typicaly do. I get hit with 200-250 hp area (breath or spell) 1 gheal + 1 song burst im back to full of course your not going to have to heal me... its not because of dagger (which you dont understand in the least) its because i have low hp to start with.

Do the quest, understand the dagger... then post something intelligent.
Kindi
Sojourner
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Healing items like Khanjari

Postby Kindi » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:00 pm

And again, I'm not talking about 'not having to heal you at all'. I already said that I didn't say that. Maybe me repeating it in quotes and saying I didn't say it is confusing you into thinking that I said it, since, there it is, in quotes, in that post?

Maybe you don't realize, but I type group every single round in combat. I watch hps, I have a 100MB+ log of nothing but hps from group command. I watch them go up and down, I see how much it is, and I deal with it. I see khanjari HPs very well even when not logged in as you. I heal rogues first because they're such low hps to start with, tho I typically do it with healing aura since they are typically at max fast due to evasion, khanjari, gheal, etc. See? I already know the strategy and how it works in zones. Also note that we're not talking about exclusively zones, we're also talking the other things people do on the game. Every time I bring up a point, you guys switch back to the other argument. "Yeah, but in zones it doesn't help much.." "Yeah, but you don't have any experience with it.." "Yeah, but it's sometimes not that useful.." It'd be a lot more convincing without all the 'yeahs' agreeing with my basic points.
Inames
Sojourner
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:27 am

Re: Healing items like Khanjari

Postby Inames » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:13 pm

i dont see what your fighting anymore, we conceded that we agree its useful, we understand that you think it heals too much, we also understand that you may know that rogues gain hp from the effect and you can see it when you type group, and compare current to max hp... what we dont get is what your complaining about... so a good rogue can do a few more things with khanjari than a bad rogue can without one.. sure it may be easier with khanjari.. thats the point of the item and the difficulty of the quest... but khanjari, tho powerful it may be, doesnt make the rogue.. and the reason you see some rogues doing things is because they practice at it and know how to play their class... there are equally effective items for all classes, though they operate in different ways they perform the same basic function, making it easier and more fun to play...

aside from a debate about what should be allowed for every point of difficulty in a quest, and what classifies as a point of difficulty, i dont see that you have any point reason or right to complain about the item and i dont plan on continuing to post about this because its a waste of time and thought to try and understand what goes on inside of your mind.

- The End

Now wasnt that a good story kids?
Malia
Sojourner
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:04 pm
Location: Eastern Washington State
Contact:

Re: Healing items like Khanjari

Postby Malia » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:18 pm

well lets see people with jari and rogues that have quested it are disagreeing with you...

your response... i dont care if you have your opinion... i just want to hear from a staff member..

we bring up points that you dont understand because you havent done the quest and dont zone or twink or small group with them.

your rarely in our 2 and 4man groups so you dont have logs of that.. what you do have logs of is big groups. You bring up that you lvled a rogue to 46 or so with a jari well any low lvl alt with high end eq is going to do it alot faster. You say it over heals but have never used it in zones or small groups and those using it saying it doesnt.

your spewing stuff that you dont fully understand cuz it apears a certain way in zones. I quaff lifes and coins in zones for heals typicaly because most clerics dont heal me (you included) cuz im only down 200 hp (even tho thats half my hp), i get healed when i flee out cuz your typicaly sitting outside of a fight. I do not rely on daggers for heals infact up until changes i typicaly dualed rimi daggers for zones.

You speak of it being so much better for efhr do you even know what the diffrences are between how the dagger procs for them vs how it procs for other races?


DO THE QUEST, PLAY A ROGUE IN ZONES AND UNDERSTAND HOW THE DAGGER WORKS.
Kindi
Sojourner
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Healing items like Khanjari

Postby Kindi » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:23 pm

I already told you I didn't want to forum-fight. Since everyone's just repeating themselves, and we keep going around in circles, I'd suggest that the thread is over.
Zukal
Sojourner
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:01 am

Re: Healing items like Khanjari

Postby Zukal » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:27 pm

Bottom line.

Does Jari have a healing effect? Yes

Is that healing effect overpowered? No

Why? Because it doesn't change anything.
Inames
Sojourner
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:27 am

Re: Healing items like Khanjari

Postby Inames » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:36 pm

Kindi wrote:I already told you I didn't want to forum-fight. Since everyone's just repeating themselves, and we keep going around in circles, I'd suggest that the thread is over.


AMEN! AMEN BROTHA! AGODFORSAKENEFFINGMEN!
Malia
Sojourner
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:04 pm
Location: Eastern Washington State
Contact:

Re: Healing items like Khanjari

Postby Malia » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:39 pm

this all woulda been simple if you had responded to first question...

have you done the quest and do you zone with it and understand it.

we disagree that it heals to much, we counter your points about how useful it is...

and your response is i want to hear from a staff member.

we point out that you cant see everyhing from group list and you dont have logs of small grouping with it 2-4man stuff.

I ask if you even know the diffrence of how it effects efhr vs other races...

your response is thread over...

I cant discuss the points if you dont understand the dagger or how it works or the quest so you can appreciate the dificulty of the quest vs the reward of the quest.

You did this with steaks... and how unbalanced it was but you had never farmed steaks or knew how difficult it was or wasnt.

all I ask is that you walk a mile in the shoes before complaing about something.

Read the book before giving comments on how bad the book is.
Kindi
Sojourner
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Healing items like Khanjari

Postby Kindi » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:47 pm

You already said that.
Pril
Sojourner
Posts: 1834
Joined: Sat May 11, 2002 5:01 am

Re: Healing items like Khanjari

Postby Pril » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Zukal wrote:Yes, it's the most useful dagger. There is another dagger that procs vamp, it's not bad. But what's wrong with it being the most useful dagger?


That would be Rimi dagger! Now step off! :)
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:09 am

Re: Healing items like Khanjari

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:10 pm

Khanjaris are like Mud Heroin. The only reason I've been able to not play the last few months is because I loaned my pair of them out.

Yes Kindaria, they are super-powerful. Yes, they do break the whole notion of gender on rogues, as people were pointing out 4-5 years ago. Overall though, the rewards are worth the immense effort needed on the quest. Even if you subtracted the HP boost after the procs wore off (only the hp that is over their natural HP limit), it would still be incredible.

I don't think it's worth the time the coder would have to invest into making that change. There are plenty of other bugs in the sea of code to squash. Srsly.
Dalar
Sojourner
Posts: 4905
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2001 6:01 am

Re: Healing items like Khanjari

Postby Dalar » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:17 pm

Anyone who has a jari knows that it's overpowered because you get double hits per attack. That with +damage inflation, the dagger is very overpowered because it scales with gear inflation. When I did tests with just melee damage alone and 0 circles/bashes, efhr killed a 9000 hp Shijin while dwarf/halfling/elf did roughly 4500-5500 damage. This was with 40 damroll. It would have been even faster with people's 70 damroll.
grundar
Sojourner
Posts: 209
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:03 am
Location: vt inn
Contact:

Re: Healing items like Khanjari

Postby grundar » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:57 am

Dalar wrote:Anyone who has a jari knows that it's overpowered because you get double hits per attack. That with +damage inflation, the dagger is very overpowered because it scales with gear inflation. When I did tests with just melee damage alone and 0 circles/bashes, efhr killed a 9000 hp Shijin while dwarf/halfling/elf did roughly 4500-5500 damage. This was with 40 damroll. It would have been even faster with people's 70 damroll.


true, however double hits are only off 1 of the 4 random procs and they only last for 5 or so rounds, so its not like its giving you extra attacks permanently. yes efhr does more damage than dwarf/halfling/elf but thats intended as per the proc, this has all been discussed years ago. why are we rehashing this? it hasnt been changed, it wont be changed either

also..
kindi, you realize you are complaining about how easy it is for people who have wasted over a year of their lives questing khanjaris to exp yet another rogue? ochocinco would say child please.

as for exp being easy with healing items...
i have 0 healing items on my mage sets, yet i exped a chanter from level 1 to 50 solo and without ever grouping.. i consider that the easiest class i have ever exped and eventually i will be doing it again... also i quaffed a grand total of 10 vit potions, and that was when i did not want to wait 5 minutes to drink from the fountain. how did i do this? stone blur and 1 spell out runs with an endless supply of holy water. also, i know how to pick my mobs well.. you're never going to see me exp on mobs with races that crit often, i'm always going for the least hp weakest mobs i can find...

as for warriors having to group to exp, not true.. trolls have been soloing exp since they were made and back when i was leveling hiromi i could solo exp just fine, but it was boring as hell so i invited whoever wanted to come.
Zukal
Sojourner
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:01 am

Re: Healing items like Khanjari

Postby Zukal » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:28 pm

To be honest... if you have gear that is "end game" you're going to be able to level easily, and in fact you can level easily with mediocre gear if you know the game well. But the point of leveling is learning the game and learning the class, so if someone knows the game well enough to level easily, or has the gear for the class to level easy... who cares?
Dalar
Sojourner
Posts: 4905
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2001 6:01 am

Re: Healing items like Khanjari

Postby Dalar » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:09 pm

Kindaria is the next Teflor. Way to fall for it guys.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest