thoughts on dwarven scale bryned

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Malia
Sojourner

thoughts on dwarven scale bryned

Postby Malia » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:20 pm

ok, i for one have enjoyed it, i loved grabing an ac 35, 32hp !bits armor for my mages to get them -100 ac. completely soloable quest... just farming and cash involed really.

heres the catch:

Every new zone new armor is compared to an ac 35 32hp mageable armor. an ac 25 35hp robe with -5sv br might be a great zone reward but notw ith ac 35 32hp mageable armor in the game. It creates inflation in a horrible way... mages should be hard pressed to get -100 ac if at all imo, -100 ac is for priest/warriors, rogues have huge damage but should hurt for ac, and mages do huge area damage but sould hurt for ac.

I know alot of us quested this and have used it, I would like to see it get downgarded. The dwarf scale that it uses is prolly easiest, of any of the upgradables, to get. It outshines loki ringmail and other things that are alot harder to get. I dont think there should be any ac 35 mageable armor except maybe from tiamat.

To make it fair for all time invested in making several suits, i suggest a quest to un-quest, you would get the armor, all 10 ore, unfinished armor and cash back. could turn around and quest something else.

I really think this shoulda been done along time ago, players all know this is hugely overpowered item and i think we expected it to get dg'd earlier it just never did.

just my 2cents... be constructive please.. dont turn this into a hate thread.
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Re: thoughts on dwarven scale bryned

Postby Marthammor » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:01 pm

When the quest was first made, we were following the eq calculator to figure up values of gear and what kind of stats gear could have. It turned out that for some reason the dwarven scalemail, in combination with the other quest items, could get a pretty nice upgrade. Was it the right thing to do? Likely not. After some other staff members and I have discussed it, I've since downgraded the quested armor. The thought of making a quest to unquest it is a fair option imo. We'll see what the other staff say.
Malia
Sojourner

Re: thoughts on dwarven scale bryned

Postby Malia » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:36 pm

nogs, i know if i were statting stuff i'd try to get most bang for the buck, prolly not a perfect system but nothing is.

Think the unquest is prolly most fair option =) thanks for the response Marth

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”