Power rumors

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Power rumors

Postby Thilindel » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:01 am

Being told that Power is useless, being changed to mean something, and so forth.

What, if anything, will become of Power?
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Yayaril
Sojourner

Re: Power rumors

Postby Yayaril » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:23 pm

Just remove it and let squids use intelligence.
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:29 pm

We've been doing some testing, and it seems that the "Power" stat is what makes the difference in spells between the old "cast" syntax and the new "power" syntax. If your power is high enough, spells which use the "power" syntax can be significantly more powerful. Testing with max_pow EQ has made a measurable difference for all mage classes; it also seems to improve the skills of other classes. For example, compare the new rogue "power" backstab versus the old backstab command - the power influence is obvious. In fact, the only class for which it seems there is no difference is for Psionicists, I guess because they were too Power-ful in the first place.
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:37 pm

Hrm, wonder what to happen with people who restatted since power was clearly ineffective then!
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”