avenues of play for lower levels

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Ihazim
Sojourner

avenues of play for lower levels

Postby Ihazim » Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:31 am

In an attempt to make this mud less group oriented at the lower levels, making it more accessible to any type of player, i propose an abundance of low healing heal potions and a first aid like skill monks used to have. The purpose of this would be to allow lower level characters to have the ability to level themselves.

This would give an avenue of play on toril for more casual type players who for some reason or another cant hang around to make bonds with other players to group at the lower, less useful levels.

toril is a group based mud but a trend with most rpgs is solo play integrated with group play. In my view, sojourn is completely group based even from level 1. (for the most part)
rarlaj
Sojourner

Postby rarlaj » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:32 am

In my limited experience on Sojourn and Toril....

I made it to 41st lvl on the good side. Levels 1-20 solo... then it gets a little tuffer to get xp.

I am now at 25th lvl on the evil side. And most of my exp has come from groups.

Rarlaj the Spammy Shammy
moritheil
Sojourner

Re: avenues of play for lower levels

Postby moritheil » Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:06 pm

Ihazim wrote:In an attempt to make this mud less group oriented at the lower levels, making it more accessible to any type of player, i propose an abundance of low healing heal potions and a first aid like skill monks used to have. The purpose of this would be to allow lower level characters to have the ability to level themselves.

This would give an avenue of play on toril for more casual type players who for some reason or another cant hang around to make bonds with other players to group at the lower, less useful levels.

toril is a group based mud but a trend with most rpgs is solo play integrated with group play. In my view, sojourn is completely group based even from level 1. (for the most part)

WHOA.

I don't agree.

If you *introduce* a whole slew of players with the mindset of hack/slash/quaff potions/repeat, once they get to the higher levels and find that everything is much harder AND they can't use potions to cheeze things, that will be a shock to their system. We'll wind up with a lot of lowbies that quit in frustration when they get higher leveled because they suddenly realize Toril is not an FF game.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Orku
Sojourner

Postby Orku » Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:57 pm

Grouping is good.
Thats all there is to say.
Zissa OOC: 'orku i will go to class for you if you go to work for me'
You OOC: 'if you don't mind me going naked'
Zissa OOC: 'sure its a bunch of sailors'
You OOC: 'got screwed on that one'

Senosa gets a bright green pillow.
Senosa says 'Pillow fight.....'
Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:33 pm

im not going to argue the fact that the spirit of torilmud and its past incarnations have been based off group play, but at the same time the world of gaming is changing, and its in a trend of solo-play. This is merely a compromise. We already have high level players who dont know how to play with a group, there will always be these type of players. Im just suggesting a way for a more general audience to enjoy this game and perhaps platform into the later stages of its gameplay.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”