Monkey Business

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Monkey Business

Postby Thilindel » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:28 pm

I have noticed people consistantly post about monk class. I've never played but it seems straightforward. I wonder how it would be to bring back the class, and at certain levels, make monk stronger vs. wraithform in melee. This, specifically, would rule in spob, where MR just gets mindnumbing and frustrating :P. Wraithform are very resistant to melee. What I do recall of AD&D is that as monks gain in levels, they hit as if their fists were magical. So, what I'd propose is gradually making a monk the bane of wraithform class. Monks would sneak, hide, kick, dragon punch, etc.
I'd really appreciate more replies, whether you agree or not. One of the probs on bbs is lack of replies to ideas

Anyway, I feel monk should have:
+Kogetsu zan!
+hide
+sneak
+trip..tominagi...whatever ya wanna call it :P
*similar skill to backstab while hidden - we all know what martial arts master could do to ruin our day if we weren't even aware (s)he was there.
+Kidney punch -virtually same as circle
**Make them have weapon parry or eye poppingly good at dodge, because an unarmed monk can dodge like mad. Jet Li, Jackie Chan, and other countless people kick ass and amaze us in their dodging ability.
In other words, make them decent tank but weak with rescue - possibly have midrange rogue to mage hps.
+quivering palm -Lvl 40 (almost same as shieldpunch but could do in !bash environment..I'm sure others could elaborate)
+feign death (of course!)
+Nunchaku weapon specifically for monk. could have 2 segment or 3 segment..attributes for 3 segment could go so far as to improve weaponblock etc..
+throwing star for ranged attack.
+frenzy, make skill like lore..can do (god set) amount of times per day. Best analogy would be seelie where faerie tries to gather strength, but fails. Thus, Frenzy as I see it would make hasted (that would stack with real haste [OR gods could make monk !haste as in AD&D] but monk would lose defensive focus)
+ have possible skill similar to garrote but without a prop, since Eastern combat is obviously lethal and not pivotal in weapon wielding.

I'm sure others could add or take away from da monk. Whether you agree or not, please give feedback. Hopefully the gods can make it happen!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:57 pm

Monk ga soko made sukidatara, homelands ni itara.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Lenefir
Sojourner

Postby Lenefir » Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:32 pm

*waves goodbye to all the rogues out there*
"Being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you; and if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch [...]. When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all"
--Futurama
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:32 am

Lenefir wrote:*waves goodbye to all the rogues out there*

like we are that useful anyway. we are closing in on rangers.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:46 am

while we are at it why not just roll warriors rogues and rangers into the same class.....

hell lets do away with anti/pali and bring bak 3k hp fire mentals then we can due away with illusionists invokers enchanters and elementalist too... then we could give clerics gheal and bark skin and spirit pets and knock soj down to a 5 class mud... lets see if we can go further... lets give monks a singing ability too so now we have clerics monks and psionists well at this point we wont need psionists because goodies wont have that advantage of a third class and evils r supposed to be harder to play... now we have 3 classes left... humm shouldnt monks get somke ability that makes their skin like hitting a stone because if any of you have ever hit a true martial artist its like hitting a wall and now lets up thier hp's a bit... now we can toss out conjie's... we have 2 left.. well monks r magical so lets let them have heal to... oh look 1 class left... well now the mud is broring so we all quit and there is nop point in having monks at all have a nice day cyalater
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:10 am

Who else thinks Amolol had way too much coffee, was given an idea and not only ran into a wall with it, but kept right on running through the wall, down the street and into another country.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:14 am

sorry was just trying to make a point ... usually people who come up with ideas klike this hafto be told multiple times and very harshly b4 they understand...but i like the idea of a 1 class mud...not really
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:33 pm

I thought this post was gonna be about monkey animals:(

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”