Minor Paladin EQ Thought

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Marforp
Sojourner

Minor Paladin EQ Thought

Postby Marforp » Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:39 am

*please consider the below post removed*

If the proc on the Avenger could be changed away from stone that would be REALLY nice. When the Avenger was created stone was THE defensive spelll. Now having stone cast upon you can be very inconvient. I think it could be appropriate to have it proc scales, but it would probably have to be a little less infrequent then it is now. Other choices would be displace and blur.

Marforp / Sasdor
Last edited by Marforp on Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:42 am

one question... since when is being stoned a bad thing?
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
omrec
Sojourner

Postby omrec » Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:14 am

Good paladins usually don't need to worry much about the stone proc.
If they're in a group with a decent chanter, they remove their weapon between battle, let stone drop, and get a nice fresh scale.

Very rarely does the avenger stone proc beat me to re-scaling someone during a battle. Even on the off chance it does (have seen it stone in the same round as the scale dropped), so what, you're still protected, and when your stone goes out, your chanter will scale you. I haven't really seen it being a problem for any paladin's that i've grouped with.

That said, looks like avenger is getting totally re-done anyway, so most likely stone is gone..:) I just hope they don't nerf unholy avenger too much..*duck*

-Om
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:00 pm

amolol wrote:one question... since when is being stoned a bad thing?

Drugs er bad, Uhmkay?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:45 pm

omrec wrote:Good paladins usually don't need to worry much about the stone proc.
If they're in a group with a decent chanter, they remove their weapon between battle, let stone drop, and get a nice fresh scale.

Very rarely does the avenger stone proc beat me to re-scaling someone during a battle. Even on the off chance it does (have seen it stone in the same round as the scale dropped), so what, you're still protected, and when your stone goes out, your chanter will scale you. I haven't really seen it being a problem for any paladin's that i've grouped with.

That said, looks like avenger is getting totally re-done anyway, so most likely stone is gone..:) I just hope they don't nerf unholy avenger too much..*duck*

-Om

the only reason unholy avenger is so good is b/c gargauth made it for his mortal. i honestly hope it gets a totally new proc. same w/ khanjari
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:58 pm

Dalar wrote:
omrec wrote:Good paladins usually don't need to worry much about the stone proc.

-Om

the only reason unholy avenger is so good is b/c gargauth made it for his mortal. i honestly hope it gets a totally new proc. same w/ khanjari

Leave my khanjari out of this you *&#$@! This quest is becoming one of the harder ones in the game. But if they do change the khanjari, i hope twilight gets the nerf, along with your dragon cult robes and other !load items you have.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”