UM2-DK portal

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
oteb
Sojourner

UM2-DK portal

Postby oteb » Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:09 am

Could the !goodrace flag from it be removed?
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:13 pm

could the portal from hyssk to EM be made yuanti accessable?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:02 pm

rods > you
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:30 pm

Zoldren wrote:could the portal from hyssk to EM be made yuanti accessable?

That's something I don't recall... guess I'll have to pshift hyssk yet again.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Shuanerst
Sojourner

Postby Shuanerst » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:40 pm

moritheil wrote:
Zoldren wrote:could the portal from hyssk to EM be made yuanti accessable?

That's something I don't recall... guess I'll have to pshift hyssk yet again.

Mori, I showed you the door, then goaded you to (almost) spank yourself on a nearby mob.

I'd like to see some rentable key for that door. Make it a semi difficult quest, rare load, anything. (I also here a rumor that there's a little known short cut off EM, so why not hyssk)

-Sservis
Todrael group-says 'i keep it in a jar, not much gura could do with it'
Todrael group-says 'i do have plenty of holes though'
Gura group-says 'afk gettin bateries'
Lenefir
Sojourner

Postby Lenefir » Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:05 pm

The portal from Hyssk to Evermeet goes both ways. And as far as I know you have to be level >20 and (half)elf to enter it. To my knowledge there are no other (except from the obvious elfgate) working portals on Evermeet, and I think I've explored Evermeet more than the average plevel-20-so-I-can-leave-this-cursed-island elf. And at that, wonder why the two exp-zones and the strange zone north of one of them was removed (it gave bigger probability of hitting Evermeet when random gating prime to get back home:), but that is a completely other matter. Anyway, there are already far too many non-elves on the island! Snakes should keep off! :wink:
Last edited by Lenefir on Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you; and if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch [...]. When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all"
--Futurama
Shuanerst
Sojourner

Postby Shuanerst » Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:12 pm

The door from hyssk to um is locked from the hyssk side. I'm told it's pick/doorbash only. From the otherside you just 'open door' (ie !locked)

It's this that is annoying. A locked door with no key/keyword.

I'm in favor of changing that. Doesn't have to be an unlocked from both sides, just give it a key (preferably rentable) or keyword. You still have to be 20 to take the portals to get to dk, so it doesn't let newbies out easy.

-Sservis

[and I was told of the EM/mainland route, I don't know it though, so it might not exist]
Todrael group-says 'i keep it in a jar, not much gura could do with it'

Todrael group-says 'i do have plenty of holes though'

Gura group-says 'afk gettin bateries'
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:10 pm

there are 2 portals on hyssk
one from hyssk / dk
other hyssk/em

hyssk/em portal is elf only, should be elf/yuanti only.

hyssk dk is anyone, but like sservis said u need a doorbasher/picker to use it from hyssk side. or have someone run from dk. eitherway needs to be a keyword, a key, or quest like goortok to open it...
Vriss
Sojourner

Postby Vriss » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:51 pm

>hyssk dk is anyone, but like sservis said u need a doorbasher/picker to >use it from hyssk side. or have someone run from dk. eitherway needs >to be a keyword, a key, or quest like goortok to open it...

Its level restricted anyway, so why not put a keyword proc on it?

Its almost immpossible sometimes for a mid/low level snake to get out of Hyssk for a quick CR if no one is around to come unlock the door.

Feh.

Vriss
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:52 pm

EM is the sacred home of the elves, protected by powerful magic. There should be no way onto it for non-elves period. It makes NO sense for yuan-ti to have a way onto EM, the elves would put a stop to that pretty fast. If its made yuan-ti-able there should at least be many nasty elves just waiting to slaughter any yuan-ti that makes its to EM. Heck if you ask me EM should have patrols that travel it regularly making sure no non-elves are present whether good raced or evil raced. Only except I can see is Faerie forest since its a magic realm and not really part of EM. Could move the hyssk/EM portal there and make the orb at anna's cottage elf only and it would provide evils with easier access to Seelie.
Lil - Elven fascist.
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:26 pm

I kinda agree with Lili here, but then many rares would have to be removed from EM or removed from quests.

Also, i remember an event in a forgotten realms book about Evermeet where i *believe* an elfgate was discovered by some evil dude and they could enter it. The thing is these elfgates are supa supa hard to find.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:53 pm

but its ok to allow elfs access to yuanti rares? quests, experience, eq?

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”