Human Dual Class

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Human Dual Class

Postby Thilindel » Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:13 am

In the other thread referring to pathetic humans..I think it was a great idea to offer them dual class:

Allow Class A to convert. Whereupon, they lose % of skills or pray/memtime permenantly. The skills cannot be honed thereafter, due to the taxing of the wee little peanut humans do have. So - If a Cleric choses to become an Invoker, both classes would have basically % penalty or time added to pray/mem (I assume it'd still be pray) and the skills for meditate, quick chant, etc would be frozen because they were shared with the cleric class (again frozen in progression). For hitter classes, the warrior could lose %hps, etc..you can see how this would benefit and also keep the combo from being too freakshow strong. Mobs can be infinite classes, why can't an option for a player? (I'm only suggesting 2 classes shared, not multiclass :P) Eq allowed would be that of 2nd class only, until level met from prior class, where they would have access to either class. I'm sure most of you have become bored with a single class. It'd be damned fun to be a druid/rogue or illusionist/cleric..*shrug* I know I get bored w/one class a lot.
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:23 am

The focus of this mud is mostly grouping, i think it would just emphasize soloing. Classes would dual with another class to augment their own classes weaknesses. Classes are meant to have strengths and weaknesses. I'd rather see new classes, though I don't think any are really needed. Humans aren't a bad race, just not the ideal choice for mages since they don't have great int, but as rogues they're not a bad choice, or cleric. Druids are ok as humans, no worse a choice than half-elf anyway, just that greys are clearly superior for druids! Even as mages they have the advantage of being the strongest mage race. Handy for when your reduced or need to corpse drag. Humans could be given easier exp for mage classes since they learn quickly despite their stupidity and make good mages ala elminster, raistlin, etc. And races like elves having all the time in the world tend to be less focused.
Lil
irta
Sojourner

Postby irta » Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:50 am

Lilithelle wrote:Humans could be given easier exp for mage classes since they learn quickly despite their stupidity and make good mages ala elminster, raistlin, etc. And races like elves having all the time in the world tend to be less focused.
Lil

Dual class certainly does sound like an excessive thing for just humans to have. But I don't like the idea of easier xp either, and keep in mind that most high level humans are essentially immortal anyhow via rejuves. An extra spell slot or two would be nice. :)
Last edited by irta on Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:33 am

Lilithelle wrote: Humans aren't a bad race, just not the ideal choice for mages since they don't have great int, but as rogues they're not a bad choice

Thats funny, far as I can tell, humans are pretty much the worst rogues available, though i havent checked out gnomes in that class.
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:50 pm

Funny how Nitania and Yayaril both rock as human rogues, I don't think they regard it as a bad choice. Its a good compremise between dwarven rogues and some of the lower hp rogue races which can't drag heavy corpses.
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:35 pm

Lilithelle wrote:Funny how Nitania and Yayaril both rock as human rogues, I don't think they regard it as a bad choice. Its a good compremise between dwarven rogues and some of the lower hp rogue races which can't drag heavy corpses.

Compromise? Who wants to compromise? Everyone wants to make their race uber! I mean duh.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:28 am

8)

Humans are the best race around, but it has nothing to do with stats..
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:25 am

Cirath wrote:
Lilithelle wrote: Humans aren't a bad race, just not the ideal choice for mages since they don't have great int, but as rogues they're not a bad choice

Thats funny, far as I can tell, humans are pretty much the worst rogues available, though i havent checked out gnomes in that class.

Humans are one of the only goodrace rogues that can go evil. The other is halfling for some strange reason. Halflings have some trouble dualing stuff, but I don't know how much effect that has with the extremely lightweight piercers around.

In any case, dex bonuses on a rogue aren't important for skills, not compared to skill notches. I've never seen a human rogue fail hide/sneak with skills maxed.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:58 pm

Cirath wrote:

Gnomes have higher dex and agi than humans..not sure why someone would think worse of them :)
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:51 pm

Bah, any rogues can go evil!
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Sat Nov 01, 2003 8:38 pm

Mitharx wrote:Bah, any rogues can go evil!

If you love danger running out of MH ....they sure can!
Meatshield
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:21 am

Thilindel wrote:
Cirath wrote:

Gnomes have higher dex and agi than humans..not sure why someone would think worse of them :)

Crappy strength. This may affect dual wielding. It definately affects the ease of a sneak CR.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:59 am

well, the +1dex, +2 agi offsets (imho) the -2 str vs. humans, since both have same con. Let alone they get infra. I don't play as CR rogue, that's what illusionists are for *halo*

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”