"Enhancing" innate stats at Guildmaster.

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.

Should we pay to change stats if we wish?

I'd pay to raise my stats.
91%
I wouldn't pay but I'd like the option to be there.
9%

Total votes: 35
Thilindel
Sojourner

"Enhancing" innate stats at Guildmaster.

Postby Thilindel » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:18 am

Someone could toss ideas out for how much it would run. My concept/notion would be you can raise one attribute by from 1-4 pts (random roll) per level. The cost imho would be 100p/lvl. Or could make cost relative to how good the stat being raised would be. Especially in consideration in this post is the fact that a lot of old core players' stats aren't really good. A lot didn't know what stats were important upon creation.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:58 am

Somehow the option of no way didn't show after I submitted. ah well :(
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:01 am

Somehow the option of no way didn't show after I submitted. ah well :(
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:36 pm

Since someone asked me in game: If you absolutely think nobody should pay guildmaster to train you (like personal trainer) and enhance a stat, post no :)
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:34 pm

This will never, ever, ever happen.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:39 pm

That's what ideas are all about. You can't ignore what a gargantuan majority wants. There's absolutely no balance issue here especially since if you had the patients or knowledge when (upon char creation) the stats to be changed would be higher anyway. There's no request for maxstats..although I shall use my suppa psychotic..er, psychic powers and try to force da gods :P

Players can get de-aged, 56th lvl mobs hit thru scales a ton..specially giants, so with all that in balance consideration, I sure hope they'll allow us to hone hour stats.
Savras
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Savras » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:49 pm

Not that this is an official reply or something... but would you pay say... 5-10k to increase a stat by 1? (with a max natural being 100)

Because I bet that if this is implemented, it'll be in that realm of cost.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:51 pm

whee can i buy 100 agi/dex/con/stre/int and still have my 120 wis??

sure wish that hell no was up there :P
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:53 pm

I'd definitely pay. What good is money besides potions anyway?
Harras
Sojourner

Postby Harras » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:19 pm

I just started last week. I didn't know what I was doing at all! I really think being able to fix stats is a good thing. The option is always there. Although I think I have 20 plat now, it'd be a bit before I could do it :)
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:33 pm

Only 10k? More like 50-100k.

I'll say it again. This will never, ever, ever happen.

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:02 pm

Heck, for that price, I could get Than's mom for the rest of her life!
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:01 pm

Thilindel wrote:Heck, for that price, I could get Than's mom for the rest of her life!

You mean the 20plat that Harras has?
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:19 pm

Well, I was tryin to be nice :P She does, however, remind me of the Titanic..hrm, but only 1500 people went down on that!
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:25 pm

Actually, as it is now this idea to me is even more appealing. Hit/dam is screwed compared to a week ago. At least we could recoup some this way.
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:40 pm

Make this available @ levels 47-50 only and sure (just make it !lich) i think it _should_ be in the game.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:22 pm

Last edited by Sesexe on Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
omrec
Sojourner

Postby omrec » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:31 am

Level 50 only.
10 k plat per point.

I'm in. Who wants to hold an omrec-needs-a-higher-agi auction?

I think it should be implemented if only for the fact that thanuk said it never, ever would. Then we can laugh at him. Then we can take it back out..:)
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:57 pm

I think this would be fine for level 50 players, but just limit it to skills under a certain level. So for example your guildmaster can only improve you up to something like 75 or 80, and base it on a sliding price scale. So you could improve that 24cha to 25 for a lot less than getting it from 70 to 71. Putting a limit on what you can do at once would be good also... You ask your guildmaster to improve agility... he tells you to go train for x number of rl days, then you come back and he says 'looks like the training paid off' and your stat increases. That would prevent excessive stat inflation, and still make +stat eq necessary if you wanted those higher notches.
irta
Sojourner

Postby irta » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:19 pm

rylan wrote:I think this would be fine for level 50 players, but just limit it to skills under a certain level. So for example your guildmaster can only improve you up to something like 75 or 80, and base it on a sliding price scale. So you could improve that 24cha to 25 for a lot less than getting it from 70 to 71. Putting a limit on what you can do at once would be good also... You ask your guildmaster to improve agility... he tells you to go train for x number of rl days, then you come back and he says 'looks like the training paid off' and your stat increases. That would prevent excessive stat inflation, and still make +stat eq necessary if you wanted those higher notches.

Mostly agree except you should be able to get stats to 100. With the new roller, this is the only way old characters are ever going to get stats comparable with what new characters have.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:17 pm

Yeah, especially sesexe's case of having 50something con. PLEASE put this in!
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:21 pm

I'm vehemently against this. I'm sorry, Sesexe, nothing against you personally. The whole point of stat gear is to enhance low stats, and if you add a feature that allows players to enchance their stats to natural 100's across the board, then you take away much of the driving force of the mud when it comes to equipment. Being forced to compensate for a low stat gives value to a lot of the equipment available in the game. The last thing this mud needs is one more "feature" to dumb it down.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:40 pm

If that's the case then older players should get the option to reroll via new roller and transfer exp/skills to new char. Making a character a couple years ago was at a rather large disadvantage relative to now. You _should_ be rewarded for your money earned by dumping it to build stats. Money is so useless here it's not, nor ever has been, funny. How many players think it's fun to find eq to fix innates that are lacking? When rangers went to wisdom over int, they were allowed to switch. Modifying stats is a reward for your hours and hours collecting money. Except for buying potions, where's the use for money? I'm rather frustrated in rolling. For example, it's super hard to get bard stats vs. a warrior or rogue. Warriors have it made..always have. Bards, Psi's, ..heck any class that needs the wis/int combo. I just truly want the option to do so, as does most everybody else.

Either pts to be raise should be on a sliding scale, in that you pay more per increment as it gets higher, or when you train, it's like scribing. You select to train your strength. You're moves drop to zero, you can't do anything, just like resfx. Could be seen as a system shock, given that a diety (powered by your tithe) is empowering you or your guildmaster just rocked your world, etc.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:11 pm

Would it be so bad if you could raise your low stats only to a max of 75 or 80? Personally I'd be extremely please with being able to do that. I don't see any other way to prevent extreme stat inflation, short of making cost insane. This training 75-80 stat cap would in effect compensate for the new roller.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:20 pm

As Savras noted '(with a max natural of 100)' I'd like it to be racial limit cap'd not just 75-80. Lots of the bonuses for a race are within the 80-100 mark. Dwarf especially for agility. Good agi for dwarf can be as pathetic as 92 ac naked.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:21 am

Last edited by Sesexe on Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:03 am

back on sojourn1, it used to be when you got level 40, the gods would setbit your stats. They stopped doing it, and there's a reason they did. Its not gonna happen guys.

Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:08 am

I still dislike this idea ... We harp and harp and harp about rolls, and that you DO NOT need perfect stats to be playable ... but in the end it is us behind the keys that accepted the final roll

For whatever reason, if you rolled crappy stats, then compensate with eq ... I truly wish someone had told u at lvl <20 to reroll either llaaldara or sesexe with those stats .. but you did accept them hun ... this is not about you tho i swear its not a flame ..

It seems just wrong to place people at lvl 50 on pedestals ... and to even think you should have oober stats at those levels is just wrong ... seems like we been playing long enough that if we have shitty stats we just roll an alt?? Takes 15-20 pdays at max with great eq to get to lvl 50 (and some will say that is a generous number too)

-more of my .02

-Italian Proverb
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:19 am

Last edited by Sesexe on Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:00 am

I'm doing my share of voting for this place like everybody else..that's what they want us to do. I hope since pretty much all of use want this oportunity then they'll give it as well. I don't see why someone feels it shouldn't be in the game, because 'it's not fair' or whatever logic. We should just quit playing then cuz nobody will ever see a true compromise?

If people can sit all day and 'work' to get perfect stats rolled, then there shouldn't be any problem with fixing existing stats via hard assed earned plats....hell, the poll speaks for itself. Players want this mud to thrive, as it always has (which is why we've been knocking ourselves out voting I'd imagine :)
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:38 pm

Sesexe wrote:How about this then.

Instead of buying points in any skill, you can instead pay 10k to have two abilities swapped with eachother? Just like we do in the roller now.

And please stop implying that we're all asking for uber stats. I specifically stated I only wanted something in the 80's. I Don't think I deserve uber stats. I just want to not be handicapped.

I dont think they should charge you for it, actually:)

Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:01 pm

Either this, or downgrade the stats that people are able to roll now.

It's really not fair in my opinion that I could now roll up near perfect stats where before the changes I couldn't.

On the one hand it's good that no character has perfect stats, and everybody needs to tailor their equipment to suit them. But on the other hand it's just no fair if someone has better stats than me! No fair, gimmeh gimmeh!
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:29 pm

Stamm wrote:On the one hand it's good that no character has perfect stats, and everybody needs to tailor their equipment to suit them. But on the other hand it's just no fair if someone has better stats than me! No fair, gimmeh gimmeh!

That's why it's great that we would be able to fix our stats! *wink wink* All big mobs are one and the same. Wearing eq to fix stats and just stockpiling money - just gets annoying.

What would own is if we could get multi-class saving throw bonuses like those damned warrior/priest/mage mobs :P (a joke but damn, they save well)
Pheten
Sojourner

Postby Pheten » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:29 pm

Stamm wrote:Either this, or downgrade the stats that people are able to roll now.

It's really not fair in my opinion that I could now roll up near perfect stats where before the changes I couldn't.

On the one hand it's good that no character has perfect stats, and everybody needs to tailor their equipment to suit them. But on the other hand it's just no fair if someone has better stats than me! No fair, gimmeh gimmeh!

Does suck that with the new roller new characters can get really good stats un like chars who have been around a while, almost like punishing for being an oldie, let any char that was around before the roller came in 1 free re-roll or something=p

-phet
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:26 pm

err oldies have the eq to offset crappy rolls ... and if a new skill is introduced will you ask for a 99 in it too since it isnt fair u have to perfect another skill??

just doesnt seem like a viable option .. either deal with your stats or roll a new character of the same race/class with better stats!

everyone says the mud is so much easier now .... wouldnt it be easier to level up these days???

hell once u get a decent level .. delete the old char and rename the new with the same name you are used to ...

-Italian Proverb
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:22 pm

Ambar wrote:hell once u get a decent level .. delete the old char and rename the new with the same name you are used to ...

Yeah, just work your ass off about a month..or at least a couple weeks INTENSELY just so you can't use they money you've already collected playing here to raise your own stats. Dump your time. Go ahead! What a great fix.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:20 am

Considering how many people have voted, I'm just curious why there's no official response :/

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”