Newbie Quests

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Dacer
Sojourner

Newbie Quests

Postby Dacer » Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:51 am

Now I know a large portion of the mud pbase is above level 40 but we are starting to get a lot of fresh newbies on this mud. One thing that is lacking in the levels under 20 are some good equipment/exp/money quests. One thing I liked about Dark Age of Camelot is thier tons of quests from 1 to 20. You would have about 5 quests to do a level and they could grant you money, exp, or an item. I'm not saying there needs to be tons of quests but enough for a newbie to do something other than the exp grind. These quests could be given by guildmasters or guards possibley. There are lots of possibilities and these quests would be easy to implement because they would be short quests and have a small range being the questers are newbies.

There might be tons of quests for newbies on this mud but I haven't noticed any...
irta
Sojourner

Re: Newbie Quests

Postby irta » Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:41 am

Dacer wrote:Now I know a large portion of the mud pbase is above level 40 but we are starting to get a lot of fresh newbies on this mud. One thing that is lacking in the levels under 20 are some good equipment/exp/money quests. One thing I liked about Dark Age of Camelot is thier tons of quests from 1 to 20. You would have about 5 quests to do a level and they could grant you money, exp, or an item. I'm not saying there needs to be tons of quests but enough for a newbie to do something other than the exp grind. These quests could be given by guildmasters or guards possibley. There are lots of possibilities and these quests would be easy to implement because they would be short quests and have a small range being the questers are newbies.

There might be tons of quests for newbies on this mud but I haven't noticed any...

There areactually quite a few low level quests. Problem is most of them give out low level gear and most newbies are decently outfitted. Be nice if they switched these quests from giving out gear to giving out xp (only to newbies though or they'll simply be farmed).

the Irta

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”