A neutral race

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Karae
Sojourner

A neutral race

Postby Karae » Sat Dec 20, 2003 8:23 pm

If this becomes permenant with the humans being a new neutral race, evil/neutral ones that is. Why not make a new race of Half-Orcs. I'm sure this race has been brought up before, but why not do it now. Now we have both humans, and orcs, something we didn't have awhile back ago.

Half-Orc's if they choose to start with evil alignment could start in Bloodtusk, while the ones that chose neutral alignment can start in Baldur's Gate.

Of course the neutral would be able to group with both sides. And have the ability to change their alignment to good.

But have them where they are still not welcome in any goodie hometown. It would bring more diversified race list, and could possibly add another race for goodies to have a shaman in. Don't know. Just an Idea.
Werg
Sojourner

Postby Werg » Sat Dec 20, 2003 8:28 pm

how would half-orc be neutral, but half-elf is not?
Karae
Sojourner

Postby Karae » Sat Dec 20, 2003 8:37 pm

Just a suggestion.
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:20 pm

Werg wrote:how would half-orc be neutral, but half-elf is not?

Because that elf half would still hate the evil races. They'd have to at least go on an epic quest to find an archtherapist that would absolve them of the inner conflict they'd feel around evils.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:10 am

You want a more diversified race list? :)

Post in:

http://www.torilmud.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11978
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:17 am

Werg wrote:how would half-orc be neutral, but half-elf is not?

And if you want to be more realistic along those lines, half-elves shouldn't be allowed on evermeet, as they are typically shunned by elves, and humans alike. :P
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:29 am

Everyone knows that Myconids are the true neutral race...
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:50 am

I hated this idea when Gura suggested it and hate it just as much now.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:07 pm

Don't know why you hate it. It sounds like a good idea to me...since we have evil humans grouping with evils now.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:43 pm

dark human druids ... yum

goodie githzerai psi's

please no mino' s or centaurs tho

sounds familiar :)
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:57 pm

Kifle wrote:Don't know why you hate it. It sounds like a good idea to me...since we have evil humans grouping with evils now.

Because the mud doesn't need more races, it just needs the outcast system reinstated.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:48 pm

mynazzaraxxsyn wrote:
Kifle wrote:Don't know why you hate it. It sounds like a good idea to me...since we have evil humans grouping with evils now.

Because the mud doesn't need more races, it just needs the outcast system reinstated.

no the mud needs more players.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:27 pm

gonna agree with kiryan
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:27 pm

The mud does need more players. The number and variety of races is plenty. You guys can do your part by voting on the links we provided on the homepage and by telling your freaky friends that you mud! You know you want to.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:02 pm

8)

My freaky friends play Everquest and don't want to 'downgrade' to a game without graphics.
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:24 pm

Sadly I find it very hard to believe we will be able to increase the players here by any noticable amount. Muds are a bit like nintendo. To those of us that grew up with it, it still rocks. If you showed it to your average kid they would ask you where the PS2 was at. Hopefully I'm wrong but I would guess the only 'new' folks we can get would mostly be stolen from other muds (and that population is declining). In my view the game will always be for the core few hundred of us that have been around for awhile, a small populcation of new additions, and hopefully a few friends we can ensare into toril-life in the future.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:32 pm

belleshel wrote:Sadly I find it very hard to believe we will be able to increase the players here by any noticable amount. Muds are a bit like nintendo. To those of us that grew up with it, it still rocks. If you showed it to your average kid they would ask you where the PS2 was at. Hopefully I'm wrong but I would guess the only 'new' folks we can get would mostly be stolen from other muds (and that population is declining). In my view the game will always be for the core few hundred of us that have been around for awhile, a small populcation of new additions, and hopefully a few friends we can ensare into toril-life in the future.

I disagree, Belle ... explain muds that STILL have 400+ people on them ..
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:49 pm

Ambar wrote:
I disagree, Belle ... explain muds that STILL have 400+ people on them ..

Artifacts, and pwipes!

Toril w/ artifacts and pwipes=300-400 people every boot

Toril w/ happy tree hugging play fair everyone loves everyone nobody loses anything no competition exp is easy free eq at fountain=90 ppl on.

Discuss.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:08 pm

Super-strict edition of Toril/Sojourn that demanded a lot out of its players and was a real challenge = hundreds.

Dumbed down version = crickets.

And before some twit comes in saying "There's no way that's the only reason Sojourn's pbase has dropped" please note that I'm not saying that's the only reason. I was just saying that a challenge draws more people into muds than this present cakewalk will, because a challenge leaves people feeling like they accomplished more at the end of their mud session. Sojourn actually used to have an atmosphere... imagine that. As much as people bitched, there were quite a few that truly appreciated an atmosphere with more depth, because it gave the entire mud world more depth.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”