More plat sinking ideas

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Osil
Sojourner

More plat sinking ideas

Postby Osil » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:14 pm

Playing off of that thread in gameplay discussions I was thinking about a good way to get rid of plat on the mud. Here is what I was thinking:

User Created Rooms: This would take the the form of allowing a level 50 person (or maybe 45+) to pay a certain amount of plat per room and to include ANSI and different things. The player could pay for a lockable door and maybe even a storage area. Perhaps you could allow players to pay for shops or maybe innkeepers as well. You could have a whole laundry list of things a person could purchase for their rooms. The player would write out the room descriptions and a possible location and work with an Areas or maybe an RP god to build the rooms. This would keep the rooms from being inappropriate for the mud. This idea would have the dual effect of both a status symbol and a way to better customize the mud toward the established userbase.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Re: More plat sinking ideas

Postby Sesexe » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:52 pm

Sounds just like creating guildhalls. Sure wish those would go in. They used to cost a lot too. Some guilds I've been a part of pointed to this as the reason to keep building up a guild bank account.

Sure would be nice. :D

I'm starting to wonder if we even need plat sinks. Or if the mud even needs an economy.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:52 am

I think there's more stuff going in, so I'd hold off before suggesting even more plat sinks...
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:15 pm

Area gods could make certain quest items plat only. Of course, make new quests too.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:31 pm

Dalar wrote:Area gods could make certain quest items plat only. Of course, make new quests too.

More 10K quest items like a certain nice container requirement... I'd be BROKE!
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:05 pm

Further proof that plat sinks actually work. w00t.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'

Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'

Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Abbayarra
Sojourner

how about this?

Postby Abbayarra » Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:10 am

Make a mob in mortuary's around the mud who for a price will preserve your corpse.
Vandic
Sojourner

Postby Vandic » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:11 pm

A compilation of some old plat sink ideas along with some new ones:

1. Allow players to train up to 90% of their skill cap at any given level in the guild (e.g., warriors who could max rescue at 99 at level 50 would be able to practice it up to 90 in the guild. Think of the poor skellies!)

2. Allow players to do "special training" in their guilds that would allow them to beef up their natural stats. 10k per stat point, maximum of 10 total stat improvements per player.

3. Give those damn wandering craftsmen a use. Make them able to improve the AC of certain types of armor (e.g. body armor, helms, arm/legwear). Up to 5 AC for any given slot, something like 2k per point of AC.

4. Put some worthwhile items in shops and give them prices worth their stats.

5. No use to me any more, but dear God would guildhalls and/or personal houses be nice.

6. Put in a rapid transit system that would allow players to pay to go through a portal linking various hometowns. Do I go through the nuisance of walking back from MH to CP when I die down there, or do I pay a few hundred plat to take the portals?

Don't mind me, I'm just rambling.
Vandic wields a massive mithril axe of gazebo chopping.
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:55 am

Vandic wrote:3. Give those damn wandering craftsmen a use. Make them able to improve the AC of certain types of armor (e.g. body armor, helms, arm/legwear). Up to 5 AC for any given slot, something like 2k per point of AC.

They repair arrows for rangers, the little buggers. You wanna do anything with them, make them trackable!

-Llandrien
The Lord of the Iron Wastes holds his hammer high in the air, shouting a torment... 'Weak fools!'
Teej tells you 'I think they're deliberately outsourcing - trying to improve their genetics.'
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:53 pm

1. Good idea. The costs would be extreme.

2. Don't put a limit on the amount. Just increase the cost depending on both how many times someone has increased a stat, and what the stat is at, and have a maximum on what they can be increased to.

E.g. str is 60 just now, it would cost 2K to increase it to 61/
But if you had already increased your dexerity from 60-65 it might cost 4K to increase your strength.

Have the maximum at 93 or something so that it stops, no matter what, people getting flat 100's.

3. The wandering craftsmen I think are from when equipment used to get damaged, they could fix it, that code is out of the game just now, but maybe it could go back in. It'd need tweaked etc, because before it was a hassle that hurt lower level players rather than higher level.

4. Yes, especially for low-mid level characters.

5. Absolutely.

6. Not a bad idea, I know the Dwarves in Faerun have made some portals in the past, perhaps some could be 'discovered'.

7. Mortuary mob, not a bad idea, have it charge 1p per level per press.
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:37 pm

Here's another good idea that came up in conversation:

How about letting casters quest to create potions or recharge wands for 1k per spell level of the item they want to charge/create provided that they have the spell in memory. In essence requiring them to pay 4k and cast haste to create a haste potion etc.

-Llandrien
The Lord of the Iron Wastes holds his hammer high in the air, shouting a torment... 'Weak fools!'

Teej tells you 'I think they're deliberately outsourcing - trying to improve their genetics.'
rarlaj
Sojourner

Postby rarlaj » Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:40 pm

in regards to the 1p/lvl/press....

i am willing and except plats....
Rarlaj - Athiyk Cretok - Orbdrin D'oloth
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Re: how about this?

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:16 pm

Abbayarra wrote:Make a mob in mortuary's around the mud who for a price will preserve your corpse.

Hell, make a mob that can transport your EMPTY corpse for 10 or 20K from any zone... Do you have any idea how much cash they would have made off me?

A rough looking man pulls a shabby wooden cart into the room and dumps the lifeless body of Ashiwi unceremoniously on the ground, grumbles something about the hazards of his work, then wheels his cart away.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:32 am

God, it's so nothing personal but i HATE the thought of all the rich, powerleveled NOOBS with fast links ninja looting everything to get hella rich, sure they have bought all the skills .. but they still suck in zones!!
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”