Increase guild fees tenfold

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:15 pm

Ok folks.

Given the hostility here I should probably clarify a few things.

I don't think you personally suck, nor do I really think your guilds are worthless.

Well, some of you anyway :P

As for the 2K per month, it would seem that is too much.

The figure came from me thinking 'Ok, what would be a good figure that would make people have to sacrifice a little, but not a lot to be in a guild. I also wanted it to naturally remove inactives from a guild.

An alternative to that then?

Well, how about what Ashiwi suggested?

Have guildhalls and guild chests, perhaps even outposts and portals, but have them have an initial cost, as well as a maintenance fee.

Have a flat 10K a month fee for the guildhall. Have each room in the guildhall cost 1K plat per month, a chest cost 2K plat per month, etc etc.

So when totalled up it means guilds can have the most luxurious of facilities, but it would cost them a hefty fee each month.

There would have to be a multiplier based on guild size though.

1.5 for 26+, 0.8 for < 15, or something like that.

This would also create a cash sink, which is a good thing for the mud too.

Anyway, I'll stop typing so you lot can get back to posting how much of an idiot I am.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:15 pm

::grumble::

Okay, it should be there now!
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:24 pm

For far too long the working class mudder has been oppressed by his elitest brother! They took the eq. They took the money. They took the power. And more importantly they took your livlihood!. Now, the man wants to take your last resource, your last means of survival, your last ounce of pride! To this brothers and sisters, I say NO!

We still not stand idely by and let them tax us to the extremes. We will not allow this force of oppression and tyrany move in and take our hard earned platinums! There must be equality. There must be justice!

So, I say you, brothers and sisters, we must rise up and propose the most fair method of taxing guild members and all individuals for the sake of equality. We must impose a progressive tax program. Each individual taxed according to his or her earnings and according to his or her abilities. No longer will the man take 25 p from the poor dwarf with the wooden sword! You ever seen a dwarf cry? I have. And let me tell you, I still have trouble sleeping at night.

In conclusion, vote progressive tax rates for 2004 and together we will make the mud a more fair, more entertaining, and more loving place. God bless you and your guilds!

Now I feel better.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:35 pm

Mitharx wrote:For far too long the working class mudder has been oppressed by his elitest brother! They took the eq. They took the money. They took the power. And more importantly they took your livlihood!. Now, the man wants to take your last resource, your last means of survival, your last ounce of pride! To this brothers and sisters, I say NO!

We still not stand idely by and let them tax us to the extremes. We will not allow this force of oppression and tyrany move in and take our hard earned platinums! There must be equality. There must be justice!

So, I say you, brothers and sisters, we must rise up and propose the most fair method of taxing guild members and all individuals for the sake of equality. We must impose a progressive tax program. Each individual taxed according to his or her earnings and according to his or her abilities. No longer will the man take 25 p from the poor dwarf with the wooden sword! You ever seen a dwarf cry? I have. And let me tell you, I still have trouble sleeping at night.

In conclusion, vote progressive tax rates for 2004 and together we will make the mud a more fair, more entertaining, and more loving place. God bless you and your guilds!

Now I feel better.

Wait till they start offshoring guilds. ;)
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
fotex
Sojourner

Postby fotex » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:05 am

forget john kerry, i'm voting for mitharx 2004!
irta
Sojourner

guild thoughts

Postby irta » Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:10 am

I dislike the idea cause it raises the notion that in order to be successful you need to be in a guild. Yesl, if you're in the some guilds, you can get things handed to you, learn all the quests, get stuff that is simply impossible to get otherwise (fire embody as an example). But wait, is this being successful?
I'm not going to lie and say that at present you will frequently zone in the best areas if you're not guilded. That's regretable but true. However, this will only be worsened if this idea of strengthening zoning guilds is carried out.

Irta
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:45 pm

I think that you have a very distorted idea of what a guild is or should be Irta. A guild is a brotherhood/sisterhood of people who you are friends with. Who you can chat with about anything mudrelated or not. yeah you do get eq handed to you sometimes, but you also hand eq back maybe not right away but it's something that goes around if you want to you can look at it as "trading". All i'm saying is a successful guild isn't just a group who someone joins to get eq, learn quests, and get stuff like fire embody, but rather it's a group of friends. And no you don't have to be in a guild to zone, you just have to be competent and pay attention. Maybe you had a bad guild expirience or something i'm not sure but you're view of what a guild is vs. i think, most peoples is different.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:38 pm

Increasing guild fees to such inexorbant amounts would only serve to push players away from the mud. This is NOT something that our community can afford to do as we stand.

Who keeps coming up with these ideas?
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:20 pm

teflor the ranger wrote:Increasing guild fees to such inexorbant amounts would only serve to push players away from the mud. This is NOT something that our community can afford to do as we stand.

Who keeps coming up with these ideas?

Did you even read the entire thread?
Didn't think so.
Bye.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:38 pm

we are a mush, i don't see how dissolving inactive associations gives mushers what they want.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Ulnd/Folrath
Sojourner

Postby Ulnd/Folrath » Fri May 21, 2004 9:00 am

While I don't agree with Stammers method, I don't mind the idea. I like the idea of less guilds in favor of full guilds with active members. However, I don't think raising guild fee's is the best way to do it. Instead, lets have a system where if the guilds total ptime is not greater than a certain number per month, the guild is removed. This way you could have newbie guilds, chating guilds,questing guilds and what not. Therefore it wouldn't matter if your guild was zoning and earning plats or not, just being there would be good enough. I have, in the past, played muds that keep track of players ptime in the guild. Everyone could see when others in the guild played last and how much they have been playing. The timer could be taken from the players logged into the ACC channel perhaps.

I guess the argument could be made that people will just idle endlessly to make sure their guild stays. Who cares though :), at least they care enough to keep the guild from being deleted!

As a side note, if I wasn't in a guild that is full of pleasant people to talk to and keep things interesting; I'm sure I would have stopped mudding long ago. Guilds keep mudding fresh and exciting, I personally believe everybody who is ACTIVE should be in a guild. In essence, active guilds keep players coming back for more. Innactive guilds would probably dishearten their active players leading to less playtime. I mean, if I was in a guild that I only saw about 4 people on every two days I wouldn't play near as much.

Also, I love the idea of guildhalls, but what would happen to 1w! heheh

Ulnd Goldhammer
Ulnd/Folrath
Sojourner

Postby Ulnd/Folrath » Fri May 21, 2004 9:01 am

Vari
Sojourner

Postby Vari » Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:45 am

Stamm, i belong to one of your so called dead guilds. heres something for you. dont like us then stay away from us. all you've done here is shown y i dont read this bbs anymore. Gods need to stop childern and there ideas of being great from even getitng on here. this post was uncalled for and you have no reason to speak about another person guild or their ppl in them. ahh hell with it.
Vari
AKA Christina
Ashod
Sojourner

Postby Ashod » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:34 am

I my opinion, There should be all types of guilds. Guilds should fit the people in them first. Then a mold forms from that and then you have room for players fiting the guild. Raising guild fees would really irriate some people. What I would suggest is more on the lines of guild level.

A guild starts out small with a max of 15 players with the current fees.
Once you step above 15 up to 20 then fees increase another 5k per month or what ever it is now. once you break the 20 player mold then there is room for something along the idea of Stamm's Idea. I do think that things such as guild halls should have high costs. This way you give the guild a flexable mold to form itself. A hard mold will only kill the mud.
Items such as guild halls and things of the like should however have high costs but be available to all.

As far as a tight knit community... Toril is great. It offers the ideal variety of players. You have all kinds of players from powergamers to casual players. If you form the mud to one you kill the other. That isn't what we need here with the player base as is. Toril is already a pretty unforgiving mud. No need to make it worse.
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:13 am

Snurgt wrote:
Stamm wrote:SoI would continue to prosper, but would almost certainly lose it's place as the indisputed 'best' guild.

CAN I JOIN THE "INDISPUTED" 'BEST' GUILD EVAR!!!1!1!!ONEONE

0MG, y3@h d00d! My guild only did weak stuff like being the 1st, 2nd (and I think also 3rd) group to finish BC! But the ""INDISPUTED" 'BEST' GUILD EVAR!!!1!1!!ONEONE" has l33t people like Stamm The Man who can easily get 2k plat a month! That is, like, 30x more l33t3r d00d!

We should hella disband all our guilds with the history of doing weak things!
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Grizz
Sojourner

Postby Grizz » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:26 pm

Dude the thread was dead. Are you a necro?
Mogan: Paladin, Human(Active)

In the immortal words of Tagad, "F**K IT! CHARGE!"
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:26 pm

Xisiqomelir wrote:0MG, y3@h d00d! My guild only did weak stuff like being the 1st, 2nd (and I think also 3rd) group to finish BC! But the ""INDISPUTED" 'BEST' GUILD EVAR!!!1!1!!ONEONE" has l33t people like Stamm The Man who can easily get 2k plat a month! That is, like, 30x more l33t3r d00d!

Yeah. When did you become the evilrace equal to mori?
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:38 pm

Xisiqomelir wrote:
Snurgt wrote:
Stamm wrote:SoI would continue to prosper, but would almost certainly lose it's place as the indisputed 'best' guild.

CAN I JOIN THE "INDISPUTED" 'BEST' GUILD EVAR!!!1!1!!ONEONE

0MG, y3@h d00d! My guild only did weak stuff like being the 1st, 2nd (and I think also 3rd) group to finish BC! But the ""INDISPUTED" 'BEST' GUILD EVAR!!!1!1!!ONEONE" has l33t people like Stamm The Man who can easily get 2k plat a month! That is, like, 30x more l33t3r d00d!

This was so awesome that it needed to be said.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:33 pm

didn't ya know?

Xisiqomelir is Mori's evil alt :p *halo*
sifu_augustin
Sojourner

Postby sifu_augustin » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:54 am

My RL stats are fuggin_cool, do you have space for a level 56 sifu in your guild Stamm?
Sifu Augustin
Sojourner

Postby Sifu Augustin » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:01 am

sifu_augustin wrote:My RL stats are fuggin_cool, do you have space for a level 56 sifu in your guild Stamm?

Impostor!
sifu_augustin
Sojourner

Postby sifu_augustin » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:04 am

omg, i got fuggin_pwned :(

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”