most recently logged into assoc list!

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Ihazim
Sojourner

most recently logged into assoc list!

Postby Ihazim » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:34 am

should move that player to the top of the list! Then you'd know who hasn't logged on in a while!
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:47 pm

Or maybe have the last login date listed on the leader's list...
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:23 pm

or finger command
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:17 pm

Good ideas. It would be very helpful to know how long people have been inactive.
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:06 am

Just toss them a small fine and write down the day they were fined.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:05 am

Intra-guild finger would be a useful command for guild leaders.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:37 am

Uh... hrm. It would seem to me that if you don't know who your inactives are in your guild, then you are obviously not active enough.

I don't think any player needs a god-like command to see when someone last logged in, that doesn't tell you at all how long they were logged in for during that time. So it can be very missleading.

If you need to know if someone is logging their guild char at all while you're not around, just do what myn said. Fine em 1p or I dunno.. ask around in your guild?
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:09 am

I tried the fine thing long ago. Didn't work.

It's a little hard to keep track of when all 30 guildmates have logged in last without some tool to help. It would be nice to have a way of looking it up quickly and unobtrusively.

Once, Lilithelle and I were talking about an inactive guild member saying 'yeah (s)he hasn't been on in a while, maybe a couple months?' We found out (with some help) that it had actually been more than 6 months!
Axater
Sojourner

Postby Axater » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:17 am

Last i heard was that the staff was talking about it.. but never heard anything further.. I for one would like to see something that would tell me when the last time a guild member loged in.. It would be a whole lot easier than trying to ask guildies if they had seen someone around.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:50 am

Axater wrote:Last i heard was that the staff was talking about it.. but never heard anything further.. I for one would like to see something that would tell me when the last time a guild member loged in.. It would be a whole lot easier than trying to ask guildies if they had seen someone around.

mwrite assoc Anyone seen <playername>?
If anyone has seen or knows the situation of <playername>, please get back to me.
+w

That's hard?
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:25 pm

Sesexe wrote:mwrite assoc Anyone seen <playername>?
If anyone has seen or knows the situation of <playername>, please get back to me.
+w

That's hard?

Why is that a better solution than having a guild finger command?
Mielikki
Staff Member - Coder

Postby Mielikki » Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:29 pm

I actually wrote something a good while ago that lets guild leaders see the MIA of the other guild members. I thought it had been moved in a while ago, but it wasn't it seems. I'll check it over and hopefully have it live in a few days.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:07 am

Snurgt wrote:
Sesexe wrote:mwrite assoc Anyone seen <playername>?
+w

That's hard?

Why is that a better solution than having a guild finger command?

I didn't say it was better, I was saying it wasn't a hard thing to do. :P Hello?

Now I'll respond to your comment and say this:
I'd like to think that asking around your guild and talking with your guildies about another guildie is a better solution. Why? It promotes communication and a good atmosphere AND Well, is this guild finger command going to show the last time they logged their alts on as well in this time of Toril2 2004 - the Age of Alts?
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:48 pm

Sesexe wrote:I didn't say it was better, I was saying it wasn't a hard thing to do. :P Hello?

Um..ok.

Anyway, thanks Mielikki!
fotex
Sojourner

Postby fotex » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:05 am

Sesexe wrote:Now I'll respond to your comment and say this:
I'd like to think that asking around your guild and talking with your guildies about another guildie is a better solution. Why? It promotes communication and a good atmosphere AND Well, is this guild finger command going to show the last time they logged their alts on as well in this time of Toril2 2004 - the Age of Alts?

Sure, if they use assoc chat with their alt, a guild finger that displays last login could be updated with that alt's time of chatting or some such. Who are you to tell a guild how to promote good atmosphere anyway? *tongue* :P

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”