Warrior would benefit?

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
auslyx
Sojourner

Warrior would benefit?

Postby auslyx » Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:10 am

If they had a 'meditate' that % enhanced their heal/regen. So trolls would have x% fold over non-troll regen when meditating. Good idea?
Birile
Sojourner

Re: Warrior would benefit?

Postby Birile » Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:39 pm

auslyx wrote:If they had a 'meditate' that % enhanced their heal/regen. So trolls would have x% fold over non-troll regen when meditating. Good idea?

I don't think so, really, for a couple of reasons.

1) Warriors aren't a soloing class, troll warriors are bad enough as is, don't give them anymore regen, and don't allow all warriors to have some sort of regen so they can potentially solo things easier. In a zone, regen isn't really that big of an issue IMHO. Not being a soloing class, by the way, is not a disadvantage, especially for warriors who are vitally needed for zones.

2) A healing meditation is getting into the realm of the Monk class. If we're gonna institute this, it should be done by bringing back Monks! :twisted:

Just some thoughts.
auslyx
Sojourner

Postby auslyx » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:17 pm

Nobody wants a low warrior with them I've noticed. Very discouraging.
fotex
Sojourner

Postby fotex » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:18 pm

warriors need some kind of iron claw skill... :P
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:23 pm

auslyx wrote:Nobody wants a low warrior with them I've noticed. Very discouraging.

Exp groups need warriors. Understand that when I say "exp group" I'm not referring to the groups of PC's nth alts doing fast and furious exp with twinked out alts. No, those guys aren't gonna want you because they'll look at your gear and think you will be of no use. Their loss, not yours. But other low levels NEED you to help them exp. They can't really survive without you, in fact. Understand that you have to put in the time and show a willingness to do the boring grind of exp on this MUD before anyone's going to trust you to not get them killed in a zone. Take the time, put forth the effort, and pretty soon you'll be zoning along with everyone else.

And as an aside, once again I'll extend the offer to help you out with anything ingame. Look me up as either Birile, Biron or Sunlireal. :)
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:11 pm

People don't need warriors in exp groups because anyone with -100 AC can tank exp. Why? Because DS npcs hit like bards.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Lenefir
Sojourner

Postby Lenefir » Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:45 am

Downgrade bard damage! :P
"Being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you; and if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch [...]. When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all"
--Futurama
kragt
Sojourner

Postby kragt » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:49 am

How about just making bandage function like mini cure light. Might make the skill a bit more useful and give non troll tanks a chance of killing something solo more often than every 15 minutes.
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:05 am

I'll reiterate a previous post...

Warriors are NOT a solo'ing class.

While I agree that warriors should get some kind of quest skill, even if it's just making headbutt quested, they are already one of the most essential classes in the game. !Tanks = !Zone. Which is why I end up tanking zones instead of exping my lil Shammer.
Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:52 pm

rer wrote:I'll reiterate a previous post...

Warriors are NOT a solo'ing class.

While I agree that warriors should get some kind of quest skill, even if it's just making headbutt quested, they are already one of the most essential classes in the game. !Tanks = !Zone. Which is why I end up tanking zones instead of exping my lil Shammer.

Heh, I can't see warriors questing head butt it can't be that hard to learn. I can see some skill being quested like elven blade dance or something of that nature where warriors would get an extra attack. Or dwarven battle rage where you quest the power to go into some god induced frenzy. Or halflings that can have a chance to sneak as warrior things of that nature that would be based on their racial characteristic perhaps just throwing out some ideas.
Click on the links below and vote for this mud!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topm ... gi?id=shev
The Mud Connector: http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vote_ ... ner's+Home
MudMagic (aka Kyndig): http://www.mudmagic.com/listings/game/609
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:24 am

Just change headbutt back to what it used to be: a powerful skill that has a lot of risk involved. I want to be able to KO, be KO'd and headbutt bodyslammed/bashed mobs again.

Changing headbutt took away one of the best parts of being a high level warrior.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:52 am

having tank KO'd while mob now tracks and destroys rest of group isn't my idea of fun :P
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:48 pm

ill agree with vigis there :-P i miss the KO factor. especially miss it when i get zerked by battletrance. sniffle.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:02 pm

Vigis wrote:Just change headbutt back to what it used to be: a powerful skill that has a lot of risk involved. I want to be able to KO, be KO'd and headbutt bodyslammed/bashed mobs again.

Changing headbutt took away one of the best parts of being a high level warrior.

*sniffle*

You just brought back one of my favorite memories--Thanuk KO'd by trying to headbutt a mob in a !magic room, being hit by said mob and staying alive via song of healing... *sniffle*
Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:23 pm

Sure KO was fun if you could actually headbutt the mob. I like the fact my dwarf can headbutt private parts now. Before we couldn't even headbutt some stuff that was our size. :(
Click on the links below and vote for this mud!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topm ... gi?id=shev

The Mud Connector: http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vote_ ... ner's+Home

MudMagic (aka Kyndig): http://www.mudmagic.com/listings/game/609
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:02 am

Dalar wrote:People don't need warriors in exp groups because anyone with -100 AC can tank exp. Why? Because DS npcs hit like bards.

and everyone can get -130 ac.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:08 am

i'm just gonna say tho i like the idea of faster regen for warriors! give us meditate!
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.

Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:56 am

Gura wrote:i'm just gonna say tho i like the idea of faster regen for warriors! give us meditate!

hehe Gura you goob :) a TROLL wants faster regen?
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:49 pm

I don't get why the rest of the mud makes such a huge issue out of troll regen. For exp'ing, it's awesome (especially combined with -100 AC and an ebony), but regen is useless in a zone, unless of course you get morted...that's the ONLY function it really has (I once regenned from -86 hps via death pact). The qualities that make trolls such superb tanks are the following:

1. An extremely high agility (1 notch below elf/drow).
2. An extremely high constitution (1 notch below ogre).
3. An above-average dexterity. (forget the racial dex differences atm, but I'm fairly sure it's below gnomes and halflings)
4. An above-average strength (below both duergar and ogre, same as dwarf).

Those are the reasons. All four combined make them great tanks, but one thing is their biggest downfall:

Double damage vs. fire spells.

For those of you who've never played a troll...let me run the numbers for you.

A normal cloud for any other tank, should they *fail* the save, is ~400hps. A troll gets that if they *make* the save. Double that if you're not fortunate to have -ss gear.

A normal lava burst or dessicate for a troll who fails the save usually means instant death unless you're vitted. 900-950 hps.

Fire seeds: 500 damage. I've not tested this one against a 1-seed-casting druid mob yet (haven't found one) to find out exact damage on save/fail, but that 500 is an average of what I get hit for by the druids out in DS.

So...while trolls may be superior in all-around tanking, I'd prefer to play an elf or dwarf, but I hate ultravision too damn much to do so.

So tell me again why you think regen is so damned uber? If you want to heal faster, ask your friendly cleric/druid/shaman/bard/battlechanter. :P

Deathmagnet

P.S. Troll regen is not affected in any way by resting/reclining. Sleeping does tend to have a slight effect (minimal), but I don't think the imms are going to add any boosting to regen anytime soon.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:28 pm

it was said in jest as his response was

calm down sparky
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:37 am

Mine was only directed at the people who actually think regen is uber. :P

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”