Petsave

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Petsave

Postby Thilindel » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:38 am

Nekelet's Log gave me an idea for savepet. You manually 'save' thru most the game, so how bout some necromancer/lichy luvins and save their pet's eq? Even if it's just a maintank's eq? Since you can have pets at the stables, I would love to see this go. They coded 'xxx's pet tells you...' I would hope this isn't too much!

Maybe it could be that you 'buy insurance' at the stables for your pet. When you do, shopkeeper dupe's your pet's eq and if you add/remove from the pet, the insurance immediately drops. No clue on how this would work to prevent someone trying to dupe stuff but it certainly seems a great loss to have so much eq as he did on his pets (Nekelet). Pleeeaase :P
Nekelet
Sojourner

Postby Nekelet » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:58 am

1st things 1st - I'd love it. I've lost some nice stuff thru the years.

but. Ya gotta pay to play. If you want bashing and good tanking, then you have to give them EQ. The downside? you have to risk EQ.

Whether this is an intended cost, or just a painful oversight I cannot say. But I sure do bag the pet gear as soon as I'm done with something serious. :D
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:26 am

Thilindel, think about what you're asking for.

You're asking to allow Necro/Lich's to rent their 5 45th level warrior vamping ghasts that can wear/wield ANYTHING in the game (save bows), and have zero risk of loosing their equipment on these.

Imagine if player warriors could wear any combination of equipment they wanted.

Imagine if player warriors could vamp touch with all their attacks.

Imagine having 5 at your disposal at the drop of a hat, whenever you wanted.

Overbalancing in the extreme my friend. The risk of loosing the gear we toss on our ghasts, is the ONLY limitation to prevent them from being decked out with super top tier gears.

Deck one ghast out in a badass -100 ac plus tons of +HP caster gear for a 1300hp tank, throw insane hitter/khanjari-like gear on the rest for +50damroll hitters...

Who needs a group? :P
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:45 am

Well, I guess this means one thing: *comf* Nekelet :P
Nekelet
Sojourner

Postby Nekelet » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:10 am

Well, hell. I beat around the bush a bit.
Sexy came right to the point.

I don't think its gonna happen..

Having said that, this thread is ended.
:P
Nekelet
Sojourner

Postby Nekelet » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:14 am

Thilindel wrote:Well, I guess this means one thing: *comf* Nekelet :P

BTW man, appreciate the thought.. I *would* like to not lose it. but as sexy said, imagine If I had really good stuff. When I deck them, I expect to lose it. It'll take awhile to recover, but that's life as a lich.

<edit below>
btw, skipped detail on this and other threads re: details of necro tankpet modes... will ontinue to skip the commentary. if the log didn't say it, then... :D
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:41 pm

i'd roll a necro tomorrow :-P
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:10 pm

Nekelet wrote:
BTW man, appreciate the thought.. I *would* like to not lose it.

Yeah it sucks, but look at it this way, keeps Necro/Lichs needing to buy/get gear, and therefor actually gives buyers to the sub-stuff on auction. :)

mount dragon

Eilorn
Sojourner

Postby Eilorn » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:55 am

Sesexe wrote:Yeah it sucks, but look at it this way, keeps Necro/Lichs needing to buy/get gear, and therefor actually gives buyers to the sub-stuff on auction. :)

AND it bids stuff up beyond the reach of newbies...

Eilorn.
Now, we can do this the hard way, or... well, actually there's just the hard way.
-- Buffy, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
Nekelet
Sojourner

Postby Nekelet » Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:56 pm

Eilorn.

I'd disagree with that. Sure, I buy petstuff on auc, but I sure as heck don't bid large amounts for good stuff to put at risk. Generally I place my min bids whenever I have a moment in VT (translate: died and deathmeming) and check winnings, if any, a few weeks later. If someone chooses to outbid my original, its all theirs.

Course, can't speak for the other deaders.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:30 pm

Nekelet wrote:

Eilorn.

I'd disagree with that. Sure, I buy petstuff on auc, but I sure as heck don't bid large amounts for good stuff to put at risk. Generally I place my min bids whenever I have a moment in VT (translate: died and deathmeming) and check winnings, if any, a few weeks later. If someone chooses to outbid my original, its all theirs.

Course, can't speak for the other deaders.

I'm the same way. I don't see how 300p flambergs, or 200p frostbites, or such is putting them beyond the reach of newbies. For the most part, I don't normally put anything on a ghast that cost me more then 350 to purchase on auction. Because of that, I'm almost never outbidding someone else.

*shrug*

Can't speak for other deaders tho either.

mount dragon

Eilorn
Sojourner

Postby Eilorn » Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:49 pm

Ok, I misunderstood... I'm talking about the real newbie stuff, tiny silver rings, twisted metallic blue bracelets, that kind of stuff.

Eilorn.
Now, we can do this the hard way, or... well, actually there's just the hard way.

-- Buffy, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:21 am

eq loss at crash should not happen, crashes are crashes, there is no story reason you should periodically lose fumbled weapons pets keys, zone progress. crashes happen as an accident any anything that maintains game state post crash would get my support.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”