the main reason i dont like to die.

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
rorg
Sojourner

the main reason i dont like to die.

Postby rorg » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:08 am

now if you were giving away shiny nickels for christmas, i would trade mine and steal his *points randomly* and give them to you if you would just please please please code something to where when you die you dont forget your spell list. i mean how cool would that be, and sense everyone (except me im lazy) has macros for the spell list anyway what harm would it do, i mean it doesnt seem to have a point so yeah do it, remember you get 2 nickels after all.

rorg
Lenefir
Sojourner

Postby Lenefir » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:38 am

Err... As far as I recall when I died with my little alt while clearing my spellbook :-) I still had all my spells in the mem-list, but yes, I didn't have them memorized, if that is what you are asking for...

If it's the latter you want, then I have to ask why?
"Being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you; and if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch [...]. When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all"
--Futurama
fotex
Sojourner

Postby fotex » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:14 pm

I have good news for you Rorg... I just saved a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to Geico!
rorg
Sojourner

Postby rorg » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:02 pm

why...

the question here is why not, just take all mem'd spells and put them in memlist.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:55 pm

I thought they changed the code recently (in the past week or so) so that when you die all of your previously prayed/memed spells do go in your mem list? So all you'd have to do when you come back alive is rest and pray/mem.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:09 pm

Am I misunderstanding? I think he's asking that when you die, you should still have the spells you hadn't used prayed/mem'd up.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:21 pm

Two words:

Highly unbalanced.

Casters not forgetting their spells means they can technically just jump right back into a group without any sort of real delay (other than having to get healed). That'd be like letting melee keep their weapons/shields/mounts when they died.

Kinda like the same reason resfx was implemented on Toril1.

Besides, it doesn't take that long to deathmem if you're a pure caster. 3-5 minutes isn't that big of a deal. Start your deathmem before you get ressed and it won't muck up your pray/memtimes, as well.

T
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:17 am

Thilindel wrote:Am I misunderstanding? I think he's asking that when you die, you should still have the spells you hadn't used prayed/mem'd up.

I think he's asking that too, but it would take away one of the main limiting factors on caster power in high-end zones.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:59 am

I remember a time when people fit their playing style around the game, instead of trying to bend the game around their playing style.

This is not a hack n slash mud.
Aristan group-says 'nurpy=tripod'

Shevarash GCC: 'Tiamat stands here, fighting Nurpy.'
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:38 pm

As things stand now, your mem list is preserved, but all spells are unmemmed. It really doesn't speed up the re-mem process for me, but it DOES save a whole lot of effort on my fingers (since I never bothered with an alias or anything...)

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”