Group Exp Thread

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Group Exp Thread

Postby Shevarash » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:25 am

Threads that degenerate into useless flaming like that will be moved and ignored, and the flamers punished. If you want to help the MUD by posting your ideas in this forum, please remain civil and constructive.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:14 am

can you make that retroactive shev? i can give you a few names.
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:43 pm

there were helpful ideas in that thread. instead of deleting the whole thing just delete the posts of people flaming eachother.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:42 pm

Actually, there wasn't anything posted in that thread that hasn't already been said a few times in other threads. Just do a search for xp threads and you'll get the same result.

Can we get a BBS rule to search for a thread before posting a new one on the exact same subject 20x?

!!x
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:19 pm

I don't have the time to wade through 50 flames to find one good idea, nor the time to selectively go through and delete all the bad ones.

This is why its in your interest to keep flaming off of these threads, so the idea get read and acted on.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:19 pm

shrug. give the admins something to do.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.

Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:13 am

Shevarash wrote:I don't have the time to wade through 50 flames to find one good idea, nor the time to selectively go through and delete all the bad ones.

This is why its in your interest to keep flaming off of these threads, so the idea get read and acted on.

Ah well I try to keep flaming from happening, but it's not really in my control. I cannot stop others tendencies from forming.
Aristan group-says 'nurpy=tripod'

Shevarash GCC: 'Tiamat stands here, fighting Nurpy.'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:41 pm

Shev, what really sucks is when you read the thread, you see where one person disagrees with a couple of people. In said person's reply, flaming and accusations occur. BBS seems to be dominated some players who are just plain hateful when they disagree. Not only is the content of some replies out of line, but also the tone is overwhelming in an ungodly haughty manner.

I really think it would help if the admin would post polls on 'These are the ideas we have about xp.' Then you vote or pick apart certain ones. If the elitist, complacent players try picking the ideas apart distastefully, or if the thread gets out of line, you can 'handle' them in your own Shev way!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:49 pm

come on, that thread was so full of flame that it was impossible to read the 5 posts that were on topic.

it may have been better if shev had just deleted the bad posts, but were better off without it either way.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”